Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

If you could recommend one place in Australia as a must see ...

If you could recommend one place in Australia as a must see ...

Old Dec 21st 2011, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute
Default If you could recommend one place in Australia as a must see ...

what would it be?

This is in reply to yet another "lets put the whole country in one bucket of dispair and slate the whole thing" ....

So my one place .....

Gibb River Road in The Kimberleys ... it's a little bit of a cheat as there's many, many wonderful places along it but pretty much any bit you get to is delightful.

It's very hard picking one but for me the challenge of exploring the outback, finding something so wild and beautiful, beats every city scape hands down.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

In Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you could recommend one place in Australia as a must see ...

Originally Posted by jothefw
what would it be?

This is in reply to yet another "lets put the whole country in one bucket of dispair and slate the whole thing" ....

So my one place .....

Gibb River Road in The Kimberleys ... it's a little bit of a cheat as there's many, many wonderful places along it but pretty much any bit you get to is delightful.

It's very hard picking one but for me the challenge of exploring the outback, finding something so wild and beautiful, beats every city scape hands down.
is this in indirect response response to this thread?:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=742436

because there was already an antidote thread here:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=742479
the problem is that no one is posting in it. lol

I'm a city person. As stark and beautiful as the outback can be, it does not provide enough variety or hold my interest like a stunning piece of architecture does.

So I say, people should go to Balmain. get lost in the old peninuslar and then have a beer.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 1:02 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Any airport departure lounge
Old Dec 21st 2011, 1:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Old Dec 21st 2011, 1:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Thats because you want the whole frickin country to yerself int it?
Old Dec 21st 2011, 3:01 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jothefw
+1 for the Kimberley.

In fact I think the most speccy place I've been to in all of Australia is the 5 Rivers Lookout in Wyndham, so named because of the vantage point over the Ord, Forrest, King, Durack and Pentecost Rivers that merge with the Cambridge Gulf.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 6:19 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

- Tamborine Mountain. Love that wee place.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 6:26 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Port Kembla at night. Get there soon, it won't be around for much longer.

Old Dec 21st 2011, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Nothing beats the big pineapple guys think lateral
Old Dec 21st 2011, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by renth
+1 for the Kimberley.

In fact I think the most speccy place I've been to in all of Australia is the 5 Rivers Lookout in Wyndham, so named because of the vantage point over the Ord, Forrest, King, Durack and Pentecost Rivers that merge with the Cambridge Gulf.
Read my mind renththat was the highlight of the Broome-Darwin road trip,I have been told it is more spectacular when there are bushfires in the distance.And to think it was only recently the abbatoirs were operating and the crocodiles liked to hangaround and take a bite of anyone foolish enough to swim there!
Old Dec 21st 2011, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
+1 for the Kimberley.

I watched Red Dog the other night and it made me think I really need to take a trip North West to show my kids. We have a family wedding in Broome next year so hopefully we'll get there.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 9:25 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Cape Tribulation in FNQ, I love rainforests and this to me is the most beautiful place in the country. You can keep all of the bush, miles of brown nothing.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 9:40 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Katherine Gorge. Peaceful, natural and clean.

Last edited by brissybee; Dec 21st 2011 at 9:46 am.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 10:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
Katherine Gorge. Peaceful, natural and clean.
Mount Wellington, overlooking Hobart Wild, windswept and inhospitable and with the most superb views across Tasmania
Old Dec 21st 2011, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Ningaloo reef over in WA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.