If you could..

Old Nov 12th 2005, 2:11 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default If you could..

If you could return to your favourite place in Britain - where would it be and why?? I would like to go back to Scotland again before we go to Oz especially Oban (where hubby proposed) or to the village where my dad was born and brought up (always used to go on the bus on a Saturday to visit my Gran and Aunties who still lived there) Last time I was there it was to scatter his ashes in the water at the harbour.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

TrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant future
Default Re: If you could..

Heathrow Airport so as I can get the plane to Australia LOL
Old Nov 12th 2005, 2:18 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrickyTrev
Heathrow Airport so as I can get the plane to Australia LOL
LOL - I`ll bet that will be one of the most popular places mentioned!!
Old Nov 12th 2005, 4:47 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Talking of Scotland, I had my happiest childhood holidays visiting my great Uncle up in Evanton, Ross-shire.

I remember the beautiful countryside and wilderness and have always regretted not having the chance to take my own children up there to see the place and to meet my great uncle. He was a wonderful character who sadly passed away 3 years ago.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 5:00 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

We'd go back to my parents' house (still feels like home) and to Loch Lomond where hubby proposed. Maybe a beach on the Isle of Skye. That's it, I think that's all I'll miss and the only places I will want to visit.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 7:29 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

FIL was born and bought up in Langham near Edinbourgh ( so i believe) would like to take girls up there before we go to show them their roots (so to speak) FIL passed away when youngest was 10 weeks old!
Old Nov 12th 2005, 10:42 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
If you could return to your favourite place in Britain - where would it be and why?? I would like to go back to Scotland again before we go to Oz especially Oban (where hubby proposed) or to the village where my dad was born and brought up (always used to go on the bus on a Saturday to visit my Gran and Aunties who still lived there) Last time I was there it was to scatter his ashes in the water at the harbour.
Oban! Ah, we spent one of our honeymoon nights there!! Came home the next day to find out I was pregnant with our second child!

Fav place in Britain would probably be Edinburgh. Lots of fond memories when we lived there.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Nov 12th 2005, 10:47 pm
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

A village called Chenies in Buckinghamshire.
On my first date with hubby we went for a walk along side a stream on a hot summer day. Had a picnic in the field next to the farm. Butterflies, crickets and a trickling stream
Ahhh twas so romantic.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 10:56 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
a hot summer day.
Hot day ? now I know yer tellin' porky pies. Ya sure it wasnt just you that was hot ?
Old Nov 12th 2005, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

If we had to go back.
It would be the beautiful lake district, Windermere.
Me and hubby had lots of dirty weekends there, Denise
Old Nov 12th 2005, 11:34 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranni
If we had to go back.
good on ya... at least yer honest unlike miss Lush up there ^^ who just had a picninc in some farmers field.... geeez
Old Nov 13th 2005, 12:00 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

I have not returned from a trip back to the blighty ( long story..)

While it was great to see .family (the bit) and friends - it was even better to see Birmingham Airport ........after
Old Nov 13th 2005, 1:02 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Reading this made me have a dig around, & I found this thread that I posted a reply to last April.
All about what you should see before leaving Scotland to live in Oz!

The friends I mention in my post, now live in Perth WA as well, & we were out for a few beers with them yesterday..
A lot of others who posted, (including the OP) are now living in Oz as well...!!

Anyway, here's the thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294409
Old Nov 13th 2005, 1:06 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
good on ya... at least yer honest unlike miss Lush up there ^^ who just had a picninc in some farmers field.... geeez
LOL.. yes the sun DID shine

OK.. so i forgot to mention the cow pat dodging whilst roolling in the grass but hey! poetic licence
Old Nov 13th 2005, 2:33 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cranni
If we had to go back.

Yeah, you must have stayed indoors alot I was forced to go to the Lake District twice, once at school for a week long field trip, once at university, for another week long field trip.

I am not exaggerating when I say it pissed down EVERY SINGLE DAY on both field trips. Try drawing pictures of mountains when you're soaked to the skin. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING was sodden by day two, and I had to spend a week wearing wet clothes, and getting wetter everyday.

I'd rather holiday in Baghdad than go back the lake district

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.