Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

If this were in England

Wikiposts

If this were in England

Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Neil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really nice
Default If this were in England

It's currently 28 degrees here in Melbourne at the moment and if this were the UK there would be loads of colleagues moaning and whinging about how hot it was and how they can't stand it. Where I'm working at the moment there hasn't been a single complaint from my Oz colleagues and it's great!!

Just wanted to get that off my chest.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:46 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If this were in England

Originally Posted by Neil S
It's currently 28 degrees here in Melbourne at the moment and if this were the UK there would be loads of colleagues moaning and whinging about how hot it was and how they can't stand it. Where I'm working at the moment there hasn't been a single complaint from my Oz colleagues and it's great!!

And all the local lads would be sitting outside the pub drinking lager with their shirts off.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:53 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, but I bet you're in an air-conditioned office, right? So turn the aircon off - and then lets see the boys from the men!

I'm just jealous - I'd love to have the opportunity to whinge about the heat - but in Yorkshire it never gets hot enough to!
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:56 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

I guess the Brits over-react when it's hot, because it's a relatively rare occurence. When we had that freak amazing long hot summer (was it two or three years ago) I seem to recall everyone adapting pretty well. Bloody pissing down with rain here right now ... and it's still 29 days, 18 hours, 9 minutes and 58 seconds till we land in Oz for Xmas ...
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:58 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
When we had that freak amazing long hot summer (was it two or three years ago)
It was only two years ago, wasn't it? Seems like a long, long time ago that we actually had a 'proper' summer ....... *sigh*
Old Nov 1st 2005, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

I was whinging yesterday...bloody hot it was
Old Nov 1st 2005, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Yeah, but I bet you're in an air-conditioned office, right? So turn the aircon off - and then lets see the boys from the men!

I'm just jealous - I'd love to have the opportunity to whinge about the heat - but in Yorkshire it never gets hot enough to!
Yes they have the air con on now, but it wasn't on when I started this thread. Don't think I would mind if it was turned off as I am def a hot weather person, in fact in my previous job here they used to call me "Lizard" which I think is Strine for the Yorkshire saying "Tha bloody Nesh thee".
Old Nov 1st 2005, 1:15 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they have the air con on now, but it wasn't on when I started this thread. Don't think I would mind if it was turned off as I am def a hot weather person, in fact in my previous job here they used to call me "Lizard" which I think is Strine for the Yorkshire saying "Tha bloody Nesh thee".
Can you come and build my wall then please.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

My hubby is a tradesman, worked in soaring temps early in the year, and do you know he never complained once, in fact he never complains, he is one in a million. Denise to my David
Old Nov 1st 2005, 1:52 pm
Banned

Willy Wonka is an unknown quantity at this point

your not in the UK,

get over that fact.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

BENA is an unknown quantity at this point

Well no one whinges more than the aussies about the weather in the UK? really... they make the pommes sound positive, oh yeh then theres the transport, the food, the beer the list goes on not to sure why the pommes are are known as the whingers when you have got the aussies.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Where my hubby works his Aussie work colleagues have the air con turned up so high he feels like putting his coat on

Katie
Old Nov 1st 2005, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
It was only two years ago, wasn't it? Seems like a long, long time ago that we actually had a 'proper' summer ....... *sigh*
2 years ago... our last UK summer! Makes me remember the UK with the old rose tinted hey

What was this summer like?
Old Nov 1st 2005, 6:50 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BENA
Well no one whinges more than the aussies about the weather in the UK? really... they make the pommes sound positive, oh yeh then theres the transport, the food, the beer the list goes on not to sure why the pommes are are known as the whingers when you have got the aussies.
Its a classic diversionary tactic, just like when you fart and ask the nearest person was it them. If your a nation of professional whingers what better way to hide the fact than find a scapegoat and pretend they are worse.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 6:53 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by renth
And all the local lads would be sitting outside the pub drinking lager with their shirts off.

Yep, with no sunblock so their manboobs would burn. Their tattoos would be on display and their fake burberry caps would be used to stop their heads from burning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.