Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

If TRA say yes then is it 99% certain that we will get a visa - please help

If TRA say yes then is it 99% certain that we will get a visa - please help

Old Feb 2nd 2006, 3:55 pm
Sunshine Coast -Yeepee!!

Vernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond repute
Default If TRA say yes then is it 99% certain that we will get a visa - please help

Hi Guys

I was wondering if the TRA say yes and there is nothing wrong medically and neither of us are criminals is it 99% certain that we will get a visa - is it just a waiting game after the skills part???

Reason I ask......I am a primary school teacher and I am on a 1 year temp contract. Had a meeeting with my head today who said she is very pleased with me and she wants me to apply for the positions which are going to be advertised shortly for perm positions at the school She said I should apply with confidence - if you get my drift.

Well we submitted the TRA the other day and George thinks it should be back in two weeks and hopefully with a big fat stamp saying "yes 60 points and Ian is a fitter". This means we are on the MODL so should be pocessed in six months and maybe out to OZ in September.

Therefore I have not told employed about OZ yet incase TRA say no but if that comes back yes are we pretty sure we will get the visa? If this is the case I wont apply for the job as I hopefully wont be here in September or shortly after and don't want to let them down, What a nightmare!!

Please help guys, this is driving me crazy!
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

halcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to all
Smile Re: If TRA say yes then is it 99% certain that we will get a visa - please help

Originally Posted by Vernons
Hi Guys

I was wondering if the TRA say yes and there is nothing wrong medically and neither of us are criminals is it 99% certain that we will get a visa - is it just a waiting game after the skills part???

Reason I ask......I am a primary school teacher and I am on a 1 year temp contract. Had a meeeting with my head today who said she is very pleased with me and she wants me to apply for the positions which are going to be advertised shortly for perm positions at the school She said I should apply with confidence - if you get my drift.

Well we submitted the TRA the other day and George thinks it should be back in two weeks and hopefully with a big fat stamp saying "yes 60 points and Ian is a fitter". This means we are on the MODL so should be pocessed in six months and maybe out to OZ in September.

Therefore I have not told employed about OZ yet incase TRA say no but if that comes back yes are we pretty sure we will get the visa? If this is the case I wont apply for the job as I hopefully wont be here in September or shortly after and don't want to let them down, What a nightmare!!

Please help guys, this is driving me crazy!
From my understanding of the system I think you are pretty certain to get in if you meet the criteria , as said it is only a medical/criminal problem that will stand in the way - James.
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 4:35 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: If TRA say yes then is it 99% certain that we will get a visa - please help

Apparently there are no grey areas with the DIMIA and as long as you fit all the criteria for the visa application then there should not be a problem of getting the visa

Best of luck to you and see you in Oz!

Rob
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 6:40 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If TRA say yes then is it 99% certain that we will get a visa - please help

Originally Posted by Vernons
Hi Guys

No - skill assessment is only one of many requirements for a visa. There are other basic requirements, points test, health/character issues etc.

Jeremy
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 6:47 pm
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: If TRA say yes then is it 99% certain that we will get a visa - please help

Originally Posted by JAJ
No - skill assessment is only one of many requirements for a visa. There are other basic requirements, points test, health/character issues etc.

Jeremy
Think what Jeremy is saying and quite correctly too, you need to pass the points test, speak English be under 45 etc, and pass the medicals and police checks.

However if you are an English speaking applicant who is under 45 and you meet and pass the points critieria and have no health issues or criminal record.....

Then Yes you should be awarded your Visa no problem.

If you use a DIMIA registered Migration agent then under their terms of contract they are not allowed to take you on as a client and take money from you unless you satisfy the basic requirements to obtain a visa.

So in Lehmans terms. If you were born in the UK and under 45 and hit the points mark, good health and good standing,pass the TRA you are going !!

Nick
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 6:49 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nick72
Think what Jeremy is saying and quite correctly too, you need to pass the points test, speak English be under 45 etc, and pass the medicals and police checks.

However if you are an English speaking applicant who is under 45 and you meet and pass the points critieria and have no health issues or criminal record.....

There is also a basic requirement for recent skilled work experience - fail this and the application will be refused before they even look at the points test.

TRA and DIMIA have different rules for work experience, so a skill assessment does not automatically mean this requirement is met.

Jeremy
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Neil & Shell will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JAJ
There is also a basic requirement for recent skilled work experience - fail this and the application will be refused before they even look at the points test.

TRA and DIMIA have different rules for work experience, so a skill assessment does not automatically mean this requirement is met.

Jeremy
I agree with Jeremy. We passed TRA no problem but DIMIA were not happy with the length of work experience we had. We had a further 3 months of paperwork going back and forward to DIMIA to prove employment, experience etc.

I originally thought that once TRA was approved the whole employment section was finished with! This is obviously just our experience others maybe different.

It turned out good in the end as we got the visa but it was nearly 6 months after the estimated date from agent.

I hope you get yours through soon

Good luck

Shell
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 9:37 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

never say never. i originally thought once the 'skills' was over and done with. that was it? but no.

they go into it again.

always have a back-up plan. apply for the positions, act dumb. i have just applied for our daughter to start primary school in september (i had put it off as i though "we will be in aus" blah blah blah). i have also recently started at a school as a SEN TA, and i feel quite bad about what will happen. but, you need back up in case it goes belly up. cant see it happening for us, or yourselves as a matter of fact. BUT, back up and apply.

Last edited by Sleeping Beauty; Feb 2nd 2006 at 9:40 pm.