Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

If Tony Blair could see this...................

If Tony Blair could see this...................

Old Mar 26th 2004, 11:05 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of
Default If Tony Blair could see this...................

Hi all,

We went to the Emigrate 2004 Fair at Sandown Park Racecourse last weekend and not having been to one of these things before we didn't really know what to expect.

We were hoping to be there for 10am on Sat when it opened but got caught up in a traffic jam about a mile from Sandown and not being knowlegdable in anything to do with racing we remarked that we was obviously caught up in the hordes going to the races. I mean fancy having a Fair on the same day as the races for Jeez sake!

Anyway as we got nearer to the racecourse approx an hour later we saw a big sign saying "No Races until April 23rd"

We couldn't believe it, the huge queue we had been in was for the Emigrate Fair. It was chokka when we got in there & you couldn't get anywhere near the stands unless you queued for half an hour!
When we finally spoke to some agents they kept comenting on how packed and busy it was. Lucky enough we had booked a room in a Hotel overnight & went back to the Fair the following day where it wasn't as busy.

The overall sense I got that couple of days was a sense of panic & ppl desperate to leave the Country.

If only Tony Blair could see this. :scared:
Old Mar 26th 2004, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: If Tony Blair could see this...................

I'm not sure whether our biggest motivation is a new way of life in Oz, or getting out of Tony's Britain.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 11:21 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by The_Effys
If only Tony Blair could see this. :scared:
I'm sure he wouldn't give a damn.
"Gordon, stick another penny on fuel I need a holiday in Tuscany"
He hates the English anyway.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 11:22 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

TICKETS £8 (children under 16 half price).
Old Mar 26th 2004, 11:24 am
Just Joined

reevsie is an unknown quantity at this point

we went on sunday. much more relaxed although still busy. did you gain any more usefull information from it? - as we didn't. thought there would be more companies recruiting (i took several c.v.'s just in case).

tony
Old Mar 26th 2004, 11:31 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Hi Tony,

We came away with a lot of information, but to be honest I find this forum more informative.

Seminars wern't much cop. They talked for 5 mins then had about half an hours open questions which only really related to individuals.

Chris Effy.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 11:33 am
Mmmm what to do!!

katherineiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sanddown

we went on saturday, we left at 7.30 and got there at 9.45.

The queued but was quick to get in.
Did you nostice that nearly evety one was in the Australian bit?

We spoke to few people (very busy as you said) great help.

yes it would have been good for him to see

katherine
Old Mar 26th 2004, 11:36 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Originally posted by jeff hardy
I'm not sure whether our biggest motivation is a new way of life in Oz, or getting out of Tony's Britain.
I think we are the same but also I think I've got to the stage where I need a change of scenery and a challenge, England just doesn't qualify.

I think you can read into that :Mid Life Crisis lol.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 11:41 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Default Re: sanddown

Originally posted by katherineiv

Did you nostice that nearly evety one was in the Australian bit?

katherine
Yes, Lots going to OZ. When we were in one of the seminars the bloke asked how many were going to Oz, half of the room put their hands up. Canada was a close second with USA & Europe making up the minority.