Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Idiot Aussie Labor leader

Idiot Aussie Labor leader

Old Dec 3rd 2003, 3:41 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough
Default Idiot Aussie Labor leader

Just been reading about Mark Latham and can't believe this man now heads up the Federal oppostion in Oz?! For example, is it really a good idea to have as your prime minister a man who describes George Bush as the most incompentent and dangerous US president ever? O.K, so a lot of us might think that but it's hardly diplomatic or smart for a potential head of state to say it out loud Can't even recall Saddam saying such a thing!

Latham has also been described as 'Paul Keating without the sophistication '. Well, he'd better not stoop lower than Keating who once had the temerity to touch Her Majesty's regal backside. The man should have been sent to The Tower for such a thing
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 7:49 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Think he's itching to give "Her Majesty" the right un-royal boot.
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 8:05 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Idiot Aussie Labor leader

Originally posted by Kentish Man
Just been reading about Mark Latham and can't believe this man now heads up the Federal oppostion in Oz?! For example, is it really a good idea to have as your prime minister a man who describes George Bush as the most incompentent and dangerous US president ever? O.K, so a lot of us might think that but it's hardly diplomatic or smart for a potential head of state to say it out loud Can't even recall Saddam saying such a thing!

Latham has also been described as 'Paul Keating without the sophistication '. Well, he'd better not stoop lower than Keating who once had the temerity to touch Her Majesty's regal backside. The man should have been sent to The Tower for such a thing
He caused a diplomatic storm with the US over his comments. He also called John Howard an"Arse licker".

Howard is revelling in his off the cuff remarks.
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 8:10 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Advice from Latham's first wife

Turnbull sues Latham over comments
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Well, at least he is not backward in coming forward!
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

ahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to all

If you don't like it I suggest you stay out the country. The sooner Australia becomes a republic and drops the royals the better.

Originally posted by Kentish Man

Old Dec 3rd 2003, 8:22 pm

Originally posted by ahappychappy
If you don't like it I suggest you stay out the country. The sooner Australia becomes a republic and drops the royals the better.
Are immigrants not allowed to have an opinion and what have the royals to do with this thread?
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

ahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to all

They sure are as am I........

Originally posted by bondipom
Are immigrants not allowed to have an opinion and what have the royals to do with this thread?
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 8:27 pm

They sure are as am I........
Well we will carry on coming here and whinging about the politicians as they are worse than the UK ones. The main reason Oz did not become a republic before is the state of the politicians here.
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for sharing that insight with me.........

Originally posted by bondipom
Well we will carry on coming here and whinging about the politicians as they are worse than the UK ones. The main reason Oz did not become a republic before is the state of the politicians here.
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 10:54 pm
ABCDiamond

Wasn't there a referendum recently, and most Australians wanted to keep the Monarchy ?

Old Dec 3rd 2003, 11:19 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Wasn't there a referendum recently, and most Australians wanted to keep the Monarchy ?
It was more a case of they didn't like the alternative. They trust the pollies less than the queen.

I've been surprised at the amount of respect for the queen here from Aussies, even ones who want a republic.

I like Latham.

Did you hear how he broke that cab driver's arm in a fight over the fare?

Have you seen the clip of him on CNNNN when they tried to get politicians to bash an asylum seeker with a big, soft bat? - He took the bat and whacked the presenter as hard as he could in the face - classic.
Old Dec 4th 2003, 12:07 am
ABCDiamond

I dont actually see what the problem is with having a Monarchy here.
If it changed to a President or similar, I can't see any material changes to the way of life. The parliament would still run the country, the same as it does in the UK.

From what I have read, the only time the Queen stepped in was when she was asked to kick the governement out and allow the Australian Public to choose another one again. And I think that is the extent of her power here.

Obviously once the majority of Australians choose to remove the Monarchy, then that would be the correct thing to happen.

Thats what happened with the Americans. But I dont think the UK will go to war to stop it this time.

Old Dec 4th 2003, 12:17 am

Originally posted by renth
It was more a case of they didn't like the alternative. They trust the pollies less than the queen.

I've been surprised at the amount of respect for the queen here from Aussies, even ones who want a republic.

I like Latham.

Did you hear how he broke that cab driver's arm in a fight over the fare?

Have you seen the clip of him on CNNNN when they tried to get politicians to bash an asylum seeker with a big, soft bat? - He took the bat and whacked the presenter as hard as he could in the face - classic.
I still reckon Prescott would have him.
Old Dec 4th 2003, 3:30 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I've decided I quite like Latham, and lets face it diplomatic faux pas aside, George Bush is a bit of a t**t isn't he?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.