Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Identity Declaration Help!

Wikiposts

Identity Declaration Help!

Old Nov 2nd 2005, 8:06 am
gjs
Forum Regular

gjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud of
Question Identity Declaration Help!

Hi, this is my first posting. We are at the niggly stage now with our application and our latest snag is this. We had our medicals done in September, and at the time our sons passport had not arrived. The panel doctor had told us it was not a problem and accepted birth certificate as ID.Now DIMA have sent us an identity Declaration Form for the panel doctor to fill in and send to them -so I'm going tomorrow morning.My question is - on the form ther is nowhere for the parent to sign/fill out form on behalf of the child, and it is the applicant who is supposed to sign do I write in my sons details in the signature box then my own signature underneath? Don't want to rely on what the doctor says tomorrow as he got it wrong before. Should point out, ny son is only 4 months old so not too hot on reading and writing!This seems a silly question reading it back but I just don't want any more forms coming back to us.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 9:35 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Identity Declaration Help!

Originally Posted by gjs
Hi, this is my first posting. We are at the niggly stage now with our application and our latest snag is this. We had our medicals done in September, and at the time our sons passport had not arrived. The panel doctor had told us it was not a problem and accepted birth certificate as ID.Now DIMA have sent us an identity Declaration Form for the panel doctor to fill in and send to them -so I'm going tomorrow morning.My question is - on the form ther is nowhere for the parent to sign/fill out form on behalf of the child, and it is the applicant who is supposed to sign do I write in my sons details in the signature box then my own signature underneath? Don't want to rely on what the doctor says tomorrow as he got it wrong before. Should point out, ny son is only 4 months old so not too hot on reading and writing!This seems a silly question reading it back but I just don't want any more forms coming back to us.
I'm sorry I can't be of any help, but at least I can bump this for you....

Maybe put the same thread on the Immi forum? You've then got 2 chances of someone coming up with an answer for you.

D D
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Identity Declaration Help!

Originally Posted by gjs
Have you tried contacting DIMA to check that they haven't sent you the adult form by mistake when there is a child's version? Or else there maybe a child's for on the website somewhere it could be worth a search. If not then you will need to sign it on behalf of your son stating your relationship in the same way as you have done any other forms for him, they will see when they check his date of birth that he cannot sign. I wouldn't panic unduly if possible it would be worth a call just to be sure of what to do. It will just be a back up to ensure that he now has a passport and to get the doctor to verify the number I expect so that they can bring the medical into line with the rest of the application. They can then be sure that the baby that you took in was the one on the passport etc in case you have a terribly sick child and just borrowed a healthy one for the medical
Hope that it works out quickly as it is always frustrating having to keep filling out form after form but it will be worth it I am sure.
Nicky
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 11:40 am
gjs
Forum Regular

gjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Identity Declaration Help!

Originally Posted by NickyP
Have you tried contacting DIMA to check that they haven't sent you the adult form by mistake when there is a child's version? Or else there maybe a child's for on the website somewhere it could be worth a search. If not then you will need to sign it on behalf of your son stating your relationship in the same way as you have done any other forms for him, they will see when they check his date of birth that he cannot sign. I wouldn't panic unduly if possible it would be worth a call just to be sure of what to do. It will just be a back up to ensure that he now has a passport and to get the doctor to verify the number I expect so that they can bring the medical into line with the rest of the application. They can then be sure that the baby that you took in was the one on the passport etc in case you have a terribly sick child and just borrowed a healthy one for the medical
Hope that it works out quickly as it is always frustrating having to keep filling out form after form but it will be worth it I am sure.
Nicky
Thanks Nicky,I've had a good search and the forms seem to be unavailable online,so I'll just sign on his behalf - I'm sure it'll come flying back to us if it's wrong.