Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Idea's on where to live - All suggestions welcome!!

Idea's on where to live - All suggestions welcome!!

Old Mar 11th 2008, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Idea's on where to live - All suggestions welcome!!

Me and OH having changed our minds a million times on where to move to in Oz! First it was Melbourne, then it was Brisbane, then Perth, now Adelaide is coming to mind.

We want what everyone wants, nice house with a pool (around the $400 - $450k mark) good schools, nice weather and lots of opportunities in trade jobs (my OH is a welder/fabricator). Based on this kind of criteria - where would you suggest? I want to know the good the bad and the ugly. If you do suggest somewhere can you let us know specific areas or suburbs so that I can google them and look at the house on Realestate.com.au please!!

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 12th 2008, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Idea's on where to live - All suggestions welcome!!

Anybody ?
Old Mar 12th 2008, 6:05 pm
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

If OH can find work,Margaret river is super cool. $450,000 in Perth may get you a paddling pool in some places,my house was earning me more per week it seems than i was earning!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Helen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to all

Hello there. Hubby and I have just arrived in Sydney. It is pretty cool. I would say really depends on what you want. We are two thirtysomethings with no kids (and none planned), so when my husbands company offered a transfer to Sydney, I was pleased as I felt it would suit us. So far, so good. My sister-in-law and her husband are in Brisbane, and feel they prefer Sydney and they are considering moving here. Tell us a bit more about yourself and some more suggestions may come up. Good luck.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:12 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
Anybody ?
Maybe it's the nice house with pool for $450,000 that's not getting any responses.

We live in Bayside, just outside Brisbane and you can't get that unless you spend about $450,000. I found one for 460 after a lot of looking. Anything closer to the city would be a lot more expensive. There are still a some areas though that you could find what you want.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The thing is there's good, bad and ugly everywhere (well no ugly where I am but you get my drift ). What you think is good, others think bad, it's such a personal thing, just read the Perth threads, you'd think everyone was talking about two totally different places.

Don't come here, it's awful
Old Mar 13th 2008, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

nickUK is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by this charming man
If OH can find work,Margaret river is super cool. $450,000 in Perth may get you a paddling pool in some places,my house was earning me more per week it seems than i was earning!
Margaret River is lovely and has a great climate! The wine is also very good! Unfortunately, job wise it is limited.

WA is a long way from the rest of Oz (which doesn't bother some folk), but something to consider if you're wanting to go away for long weekends, etc.