Ideas welcome!!

Old Jan 18th 2007, 8:19 pm
M J
BE Enthusiast

M J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ideas welcome!!

Can anyone give me any ideas on some neighbourhoods that might be what were looking for?
Looking for a fairly rural neighbourhood no more than 45 minutes drive from Brisbane.Not a neighbourhood where the roads are just a maze and the houses all look the same. Quiet cul-de-sac type place with a large garden or land,with room for a workshop.
20-30 mins from the beach maximum with some good schools nearby.
Realestate.au gives you some ideas but wondered also if there where some really affluent areas and equally naff areas i could cross off the list?
Thanks M J
Old Jan 18th 2007, 8:44 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ideas welcome!!

Originally Posted by M J
Can anyone give me any ideas on some neighbourhoods that might be what were looking for?
Looking for a fairly rural neighbourhood no more than 45 minutes drive from Brisbane.Not a neighbourhood where the roads are just a maze and the houses all look the same. Quiet cul-de-sac type place with a large garden or land,with room for a workshop.
20-30 mins from the beach maximum with some good schools nearby.
Realestate.au gives you some ideas but wondered also if there where some really affluent areas and equally naff areas i could cross off the list?
Thanks M J
It's difficult to tick all your boxes...but try Mount Cotton,Cornubia or Redland Bay,All these places are on the Southside of Brisbane
Old Jan 19th 2007, 12:56 pm
M J
BE Enthusiast

M J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Trigger,
Thanks for That will take a look.
Marta
Old Jan 19th 2007, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by M J
Looking for a fairly rural neighbourhood no more than 45 minutes drive from Brisbane.
I got this from a link sent by my bro-in-law in Oz. There's a huge amount of info in this, I've copied this out of it (search the doc for "Acreage near the coast" ... but it would be worth having a look (for some reason my links aren't posting properly!) ... http://people.aapt.net.au/~tims/emigrate/

"Acreage near the coast

Here in Samford, we are 30-35 mins from Redcliffe on the Sunshine Coast and we feel that is an easy journey to get to a nice beach! We're also 90mins from the Gold Coast. The closer you get to the coast, I would have thought the less chances of finding acreage. Eatons crossing area, Warner, Cashmere have acreage and would be 10 mins closer to the coast than Samford, but they don't have a central village requiring longer car journeys just to get break and milk. I guess there may be acreage areas around Petrie which is a little further north, and be considerably closer to the coast, but of course further away from Brisbane. On other side of the city, on the coast are Manly and Cleveland though I don't know the typical size of properties there. I just heard that down at the Gold Coast, the particularly nice acreage areas are "Mudgeeraba" and Currumbin, but I can imagine it would still take 20 to get to the sea. "

Ann
Old Jan 19th 2007, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

Samford is lovely, very green, will need a bit of $$$ for that area, if you're wanting to buy.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 12:00 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woogle
Samford is lovely, very green, will need a bit of $$$ for that area, if you're wanting to buy.
You'll need a bit of $$$$ for areas anywhere in Brisbane, especially like Samford, Mt Cotton, Bayside suburbs etc.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 4:42 pm
M J
BE Enthusiast

Thank you all,
Its very difficult getting an idea before you go.I'm being realistic and thinking we wont find the perfect town/village but is there any i should "steer clear of" ?
Thanks M J