Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ideas needed-w/end girlie getaway from Perth

Ideas needed-w/end girlie getaway from Perth

Old Jun 25th 2005, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough
Default Ideas needed-w/end girlie getaway from Perth

Has anyone got any ideas for a girlie weekend getaway? We need somewhere to de-stress, away from the city but not as far as Margaret River area, can be inland or coastal, north or south. A big spa would be nice and wine will feature heavily on the agenda so maybe near wineries, but doesn't have to be!

Thank You!!!

Loopy
Old Jun 25th 2005, 10:39 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ideas needed-w/end girlie getaway from Perth

Originally Posted by Loopy
Has anyone got any ideas for a girlie weekend getaway? We need somewhere to de-stress, away from the city but not as far as Margaret River area, can be inland or coastal, north or south. A big spa would be nice and wine will feature heavily on the agenda so maybe near wineries, but doesn't have to be!

Thank You!!!

Loopy
Fly up to Broome? Or is that too expensive?
Old Jun 25th 2005, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Would love to - but yes, far too expensive, just want one night of relaxation!

Loopy
Old Jun 26th 2005, 10:05 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I would reccomend either the Hills area or Tooday or York(both about an hour's drive from Midland).

Accomodation in the Mundaring area:
Cottages/lodge: http://www.westernaustralia.com/en/S...ource=advanced
ohhhh, what about this:
http://www.hiddenvalleyeco.com/
Pickering Brook is sort of somewhere behind Kalamunda... maybe a bit more south... near Lesmurdie.
Or: http://www.possumcreeklodge.com/

Bed and Breakfast: http://www.westernaustralia.com/en/S...ource=advanced

Accomodation in Avon Valley area/Chittering valley:
Bed and breakfast: http://www.westernaustralia.com/en/S...ource=advanced

http://www.hillsideretreat.com.au/be...ation-york.asp
One of the rooms has a spa.

http://www.westernaustralia.com/en/S...ource=advanced

Cottages, A bit older, but with claw foot bath, log fire and garden spa...in York:
http://www.yorktouristbureau.com.au/yorkcottages.htm

Have fun choosing! Can't reccomend anything myself, except Mundaring Weir Hotel which was very nice, but not that luxury, no spa bath.Well, not our room anyway....

Old Jun 26th 2005, 10:19 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

My cousin and her friends have a girls night at Burswood every few months, then again you could have a few down the boat and a room upstairs

Lynn
Old Jun 26th 2005, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

You've got a bloody spa bath in your ensuite and a bottle shop round the corner, god you are never satisfied.
Old Jun 26th 2005, 1:10 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Maybe somewhere near York? Or Mandurah?

I`d suggest Lancelin, but it`s SOOOOO boring there. If you`re into nothing to do and nothing going on then go for it though.
Old Jun 26th 2005, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

Yep, you could always pop up to my place in Ocean Reef, I've got a lovely spa (bath) and only half an hour to the vineyards. Only thing is..... you'd have to come up when my wife's on nights...lol
Old Jun 26th 2005, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Santa
Yep, you could always pop up to my place in Ocean Reef, I've got a lovely spa (bath) and only half an hour to the vineyards. Only thing is..... you'd have to come up when my wife's on nights...lol
Ho ho ho Santa!!

Thanks for the ideas everyone, really liked a couple of Simones, will let you know what the girlies decide!

Yes Diane, I have my own spa bath & a grog shop round the corner, but I also have a hubby & kids so never a quiet moment to enjoy it!

I really fancy the idea of an outdoor hot tub but maybe we should wait for warmer weather!

Loopy - looking forward to a weekend away!
Old Jun 26th 2005, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

You could always just go to our rental aka "The Towers Shagging Palace", you can have it cheap cos I'd have to fart in the bath to get you a spa!!!
Interested?? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, thought not