Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I wonder if now is a good time to send dollars back to the UK

I wonder if now is a good time to send dollars back to the UK

Old Sep 10th 2012, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default I wonder if now is a good time to send dollars back to the UK

Lot of chatter about the need for the Aussie dollar to go down
Old Sep 10th 2012, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

I like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I wonder if now is a good time to send dollars back to the UK

I have been wondering the same and have been following the exchange rate on XE. It appears to be going up again.

Any financial experts out there ? Please pass on your advice.
Thanks
Old Sep 10th 2012, 9:40 am
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

I'm not a financial expert and I don't think you need to be, to realise that the good days are coming to an end, Australia looks like it is heading towards a slow down in its economy, just how bad it will be nobody can assess, but it's highly likely that the dollar will start heading towards $2 to £1 in the next year or so, but it's all guess work.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 9:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pit Bull.
I'm not a financial expert and I don't think you need to be, to realise that the good days are coming to an end, Australia looks like it is heading towards a slow down in its economy, just how bad it will be nobody can assess, but it's highly likely that the dollar will start heading towards $2 to £1 in the next year or so, but it's all guess work.
I'm starting to notice a slow down in the engineering sector which seems to be ripple on from the slow down in the mining sector. Both of which have been very strong over the past years.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

I was thinking the same thing! Just need some $$
Old Sep 11th 2012, 12:50 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I think if you need to send money to the UK now is a very good time to do it.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 12:54 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Lot of chatter about the need for the Aussie dollar to go down
The only way is down for the AUD.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 1:00 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm starting to notice a slow down in the engineering sector which seems to be ripple on from the slow down in the mining sector.
It is slowing but nowhere near as bad as it was in '08. Not even in the same ballpark.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
It is slowing but nowhere near as bad as it was in '08. Not even in the same ballpark.
Yet???? Maybe
Old Sep 11th 2012, 1:20 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Yet???? Maybe
Who knows
I'll leave that for others to decide
Old Sep 11th 2012, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

It'll drop but I don't think it'll get close to 2 to 1 for a while yet
Old Sep 11th 2012, 2:50 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

2:1? pipedream ratio. the only one going up will be the American Dollar!
Old Sep 11th 2012, 3:08 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
2:1? pipedream ratio. the only one going up will be the American Dollar!
Well that depends on what foreign jaunts they go on next year.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 3:13 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

election you say?
last weekend some NSW voters wrote "Barack Obama" on their local council ballots!
Old Sep 11th 2012, 3:15 am
Banned

Originally Posted by commonwealth
election you say?
last weekend some NSW voters wrote "Barack Obama" on their local council ballots!
If the Bickers & Berry Predict-o-Matic is anything to go by it's President Romney in January.

http://www.colorado.edu/news/release...ado-study-says

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.