Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I Wish I Had A Crystal Ball

I Wish I Had A Crystal Ball

Old Sep 9th 2006, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

jojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud of
Default I Wish I Had A Crystal Ball

Hi To Everyone Old & New,

Although This Is My First Post I Have Been On This Forum For Over A Year Reading All Your Different Views And Opinions On Just About Any Subject , You Always Seem Willing To Help Each Other Out When You Can And I Must Say Without Knowing It You Have Been A Source Of Support To Myself & My Family. After A Lot Of Soul Searching We Decided To Follow Our Dream And Began The Visa Process June Last Year And Applied For A Business Visa Through An Agent. My Family Consists Of Myself My Husband And 3 Children 16, 11, & 5yrs. When We Started This I Had Know Idea What An Emotional Roller Coaster This Would Be. I Am One Of 6 Children 3girls 3 Boys We Are All Married Or In Relationships And All Live Close To Each Other Except For One Brother Who Lives In Perth. We Are A Very Close Knit Family Who Have Lived In Each Others Pockets For Years And I Am Extremely Close To My Mum Who Is On Her Own Now, When I Told Them I Was Planning To Emigrate It Began World War 3 And To This Day They Have Never Accepted I Am Going. We Have Now Got Our Visa And Sold Our House (37 Viewings Later) And Are Hopefully Off In A Few Weeks They Don't Even Want To Know When We Are Going They Just Want Us To Slip Off Quietly. I Cannot Tell You How Hard This Has Been On All Of Us Especially My 2 Elder Children I Just Wish I Had A Crystal Ball To See If Things Would Look Different In A Years Time. As A Family We Are Excited About The Move But As Many Of You Know Who Have Been Through Similar Situations The Visa Process Selling The House Moving To Another Country Is Very Daunting , Don't Get Me Wrong I Know It's Going To Be Very Hard On The Rest Of My Family But To Have To Pretend For The Last 18 Months That It Isn't Happening Has Put Immense Pressure On All Of Us You Would Be Amazed At Some Of The Things That Have Been Said And Done I Would Have Loved Things To Have Been Different But There You Go What Will Be Will Be. On A Lighter Note We Are Hoping To Settle Near The Gold Coast And Look Forward To Meeting Some Of You . I Hope I Haven' T Bored You I Just Wanted To Say Thanks To All Of You Who Without Knowing Have Helped Me Through This Situation And Kept Me Company In The Wee Hours When I Cannot Sleep. Best Wishes To All Of You Jo X
Old Sep 9th 2006, 9:05 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I Wish I Had A Crystal Ball

Hi Jo,
Good Luck with your move, its a shame that your family can't be happier for you but at the end of the day you have to do what is right for you, your OH and your children. Hopefully your family will come round in time and be happy for you.
Best Wishes
Andrea
xx
Old Sep 9th 2006, 9:05 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojo666

Although This Is My First Post I Have Been On This Forum For Over A Year Reading All Your Different Views And Opinions On Just About Any Subject , You Always Seem Willing To Help Each Other Out When You Can And I Must Say Without Knowing It You Have Been A Source Of Support To Myself & My Family. After A Lot Of Soul Searching We Decided To Follow Our Dream And Began The Visa Process June Last Year And Applied For A Business Visa Through An Agent. My Family Consists Of Myself My Husband And 3 Children 16, 11, & 5yrs. When We Started This I Had Know Idea What An Emotional Roller Coaster This Would Be. I Am One Of 6 Children 3girls 3 Boys We Are All Married Or In Relationships And All Live Close To Each Other Except For One Brother Who Lives In Perth. We Are A Very Close Knit Family Who Have Lived In Each Others Pockets For Years And I Am Extremely Close To My Mum Who Is On Her Own Now, When I Told Them I Was Planning To Emigrate It Began World War 3 And To This Day They Have Never Accepted I Am Going. We Have Now Got Our Visa And Sold Our House (37 Viewings Later) And Are Hopefully Off In A Few Weeks They Don't Even Want To Know When We Are Going They Just Want Us To Slip Off Quietly. I Cannot Tell You How Hard This Has Been On All Of Us Especially My 2 Elder Children I Just Wish I Had A Crystal Ball To See If Things Would Look Different In A Years Time. As A Family We Are Excited About The Move But As Many Of You Know Who Have Been Through Similar Situations The Visa Process Selling The House Moving To Another Country Is Very Daunting , Don't Get Me Wrong I Know It's Going To Be Very Hard On The Rest Of My Family But To Have To Pretend For The Last 18 Months That It Isn't Happening Has Put Immense Pressure On All Of Us You Would Be Amazed At Some Of The Things That Have Been Said And Done I Would Have Loved Things To Have Been Different But There You Go What Will Be Will Be. On A Lighter Note We Are Hoping To Settle Near The Gold Coast And Look Forward To Meeting Some Of You . I Hope I Haven' T Bored You I Just Wanted To Say Thanks To All Of You Who Without Knowing Have Helped Me Through This Situation And Kept Me Company In The Wee Hours When I Cannot Sleep. Best Wishes To All Of You Jo X
Good on you for posting, but pleeeeeeese remove some of the caps? I'm seeing double, and I'm sober so it's not wine...this time
Old Sep 9th 2006, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond repute

:scared:
Old Sep 9th 2006, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Please try paragraphs in future you made this very hard to read lol
Old Sep 9th 2006, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

MightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by herrchook
Good on you for posting, but pleeeeeeese remove some of the caps? I'm seeing double, and I'm sober so it's not wine...this time

lol - I thought it was just me who was struggling to read it

Really sorry to hear you're getting jip re the move - you could really do with support right now and some understanding. My own family are struggling with us moving (6wks or so to Perth) but they know why we're doing it but will miss us like mad...as the time is approaching I feel myself becoming much more emotional about it..especially with regards to my dad (approaching 70) and my 2yo son - they have such a strong bond and I'm feeling so guilty about breaking that up.

Anyway - big hugs to you...hope your family see sense before you leave and you can leave on a high note with no regrets.
Old Sep 9th 2006, 9:20 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook

god yes, it was bugging the crXp out of me too!
Old Sep 9th 2006, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

jojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud of
Wink Re: I Wish I Had A Crystal Ball

Hi again,

Sorry about it being difficult to read, feel like the new kid at school having an English lesson. thanks for the replies though jo x
Old Sep 9th 2006, 9:25 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
god yes, it was bugging the crXp out of me too!

Thought you would be too pissed by now to notice!!!!
Old Sep 9th 2006, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

Hi again,

Sorry about it being difficult to read, feel like the new kid at school having an English lesson. thanks for the replies though jo x

Hi Jo, you go & follow your dream, I had a quick look in my crystal ball for you & you're all gonna be fine
Old Sep 9th 2006, 9:56 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Jo

Welcome to the board

Moving away from family is never easy and I really believe that you have do what is right for you and your own, in this life.

My Mother and Father moved us kids over to Australia when I was 8 and I moved back to England when I was 24. I am now (7 years later) going back to Australia and taking my fiance with me. This of course, means leaving his family behind, so I am feeling it all over again .... of course, via him.

It is a shame that your family is not communicating with you and wants you to slip off quietly. Whilst they might not like the idea of you moving (and who really does, want to see family go) they should respect your decision and try and make the best of it.

I am sorry this has had such an impact on your kids. I really hope you enjoy your new life in Australia!

All the best

Old Sep 9th 2006, 10:09 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Thought you would be too pissed by now to notice!!!!
ah Matt you know me so well!

you sex hormone

me louch drunk
Old Sep 9th 2006, 11:33 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Although this is my first post i have been on this forum for over a year reading all your different views and opinions on just about any subject , you always seem willing to help each other out when you can and i must say without knowing it you have been a source of support to myself & my family. After a lot of soul searching we decided to follow our dream and began the visa process june last year and applied for a business visa through an agent. My family consists of myself my husband and 3 children 16, 11, & 5yrs. When we started this i had know idea what an emotional roller coaster this would be. I am one of 6 children 3girls 3 boys we are all married or in relationships and all live close to each other except for one brother who lives in perth. We are a very close knit family who have lived in each others pockets for years and i am extremely close to my mum who is on her own now, when i told them i was planning to emigrate it began world war 3 and to this day they have never accepted i am going. We have now got our visa and sold our house (37 viewings later) and are hopefully off in a few weeks they don't even want to know when we are going they just want us to slip off quietly. I cannot tell you how hard this has been on all of us especially my 2 elder children i just wish i had a crystal ball to see if things would look different in a years time. As a family we are excited about the move but as many of you know who have been through similar situations the visa process selling the house moving to another country is very daunting , don't get me wrong i know it's going to be very hard on the rest of my family but to have to pretend for the last 18 months that it isn't happening has put immense pressure on all of us you would be amazed at some of the things that have been said and done i would have loved things to have been different but there you go what will be will be. On a lighter note we are hoping to settle near the gold coast and look forward to meeting some of you . I hope i haven' t bored you i just wanted to say thanks to all of you who without knowing have helped me through this situation and kept me company in the wee hours when i cannot sleep. Best wishes to all of you jo x
Had trouble reading it too ... have de-capped it (two second job in a text editor, didn't retype it - lol )
Old Sep 10th 2006, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hutch
Had trouble reading it too ... have de-capped it (two second job in a text editor, didn't retype it - lol )

hutch,
thanks for de-capping my post think it was giving people a headache. wouldn't think i had o level english would you. once i started writing couldn't stop, good therapy jox
Old Sep 10th 2006, 8:40 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

once i started writing couldn't stop, good therapy jox
Yup, it is isn't it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.