Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I washed & tumble dry OH Passport, now

I washed & tumble dry OH Passport, now

Old Oct 16th 2008, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default I washed & tumble dry OH Passport, now

Does it mean he needs new Passport, The pink visa sticker hasnt been damaged, the page at the back which has all the information about him also hasnt been damaged either, its only the pages in between been well washed.

My question is would he be able to use his PP for travelling or does it have to be changed.
the phone charge is $9, just to find out if he can use his PP, so I was wondering if anybody knows before we make the very expensive phone call.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I washed & tumble dry OH Passport, now

To be honest, I'd make the phonecall, it'll be cheaper than someone on here saying yes you can use it and when you get to the airport you actually can't.

$9 versus $$$$ spent on a flight you can't board.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
To be honest, I'd make the phonecall, it'll be cheaper than someone on here saying yes you can use it and when you get to the airport you actually can't.

Cheers.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 3:06 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Does it mean he needs new Passport, The pink visa sticker hasnt been damaged, the page at the back which has all the information about him also hasnt been damaged either, its only the pages in between been well washed.

My question is would he be able to use his PP for travelling or does it have to be changed.
the phone charge is $9, just to find out if he can use his PP, so I was wondering if anybody knows before we make the very expensive phone call.

Dougie
Old Oct 16th 2008, 3:30 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louiseh86

I agree. My OH got her pp wet a few years ago and a holiday visit here a while ago immigration got very sniffy with her and told her to get it changed.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 4:06 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

I washed and tumble dried my husbands passport on the day we were due to fly out to Greece on a 2 week holiday - it was wrecked!!!! I glued it back together and Ironed it , and we got out of the UK alright, but only got into Greece by the skin of our teeth!

If you have the time, get a new one. With security as tight as it is these days, you don't want to get to Oz immigration to find that his visa wont scan properly!

Nic
Old Oct 17th 2008, 1:38 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Phone call to whom? No-one is going to be able to tell you if the passport is still ok to use or not unless they get to see it, and maybe not even then.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

If it looks tampered with in any way - get it changed. With everything that goes on these days - who would leave it to chance!!!!

Just watch Boarder Security!
Old Oct 17th 2008, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

the phone call was to british embassy in Canberra, there is answer machine come on with a massage, that there is $9 charge.

I think I'll post it them if it need to be changed so be it thanks guys for your replies, my advise is double check the pockets before you do your washing.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 10:38 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Guaranteed he'll be pulled aside by Immigration on arrival and given the third degree. That is if he makes it through Immigration in the UK.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 10:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Guaranteed he'll be pulled aside by Immigration on arrival and given the third degree. That is if he makes it through Immigration in the UK.

They are already in Australia.

Farideh, are you planning any trips abroad soon? If not, just get an application form and get another passport for him over the next few months.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 3:30 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

the phone call was to british embassy in Canberra, there is answer machine come on with a massage, that there is $9 charge.

I think I'll post it them if it need to be changed so be it thanks guys for your replies, my advise is double check the pockets before you do your washing.
I might just phone that number....my back's killing me after work tonight

Sorry.....I'll just get my coat
Old Oct 17th 2008, 9:55 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy

Farideh, are you planning any trips abroad soon? If not, just get an application form and get another passport for him over the next few months.
Ditto chicky
Old Oct 19th 2008, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for that, might have to do that, he will be travelling with his job in the new year.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

I thought waiting a few months to apply for citizenship, then we wont need his British PP, but he thinks he might be travelling in the new year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.