Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I want to say my piece regarding spam.....

I want to say my piece regarding spam.....

Old Nov 16th 2005, 8:17 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default I want to say my piece regarding spam.....

Last night (nsw time) some savvy spammer registered here in BE and his first post was so blatantly spam only a fool (I thought) would see the post as anything other than SPAM.

Usually spammers are so busy posting their shite on every forum they can that they dont stay long enough to engage in any chit chat on the spam thread they start but this fella was a bit smarter. Not only did he stay on this forum he actually got a few here suckered into thinking he was an innocent newbie to the extent that when I exposed him (in my first post as a spammer) I ended up getting flack in subsequent posts on the spam thread.

People....... when someone comes here and in their first post say (example):

"Hi, just arrived here from London and we love it here on Sydney's south shores. The wife went out and won a brand new Jag. She never won anything before but went to www.imasuckerandcantevenseespamwhenitsspam.com and won right away !
Can you believe it, you ought to try it!"

Its bloody SPAM

I forget who gave me flack for being somewhat negative about my replies to this idiot spammer, its not important but I just could not believe how this guy had people welcoming him to the forum, giving me crap for being who I am etc.

Please........ take care how you use the internet and dont be gullible since there are literally millions of scams, spams and other ripoffs that would take every penny you have and more.

Result of the above thread= thread deleted, member Banned, reason SPAM, just like I said in the first place
Old Nov 16th 2005, 8:34 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice
Default Re: I want to say my piece regarding spam.....

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Last night (nsw time) some savvy spammer registered here in BE and his first post was so blatantly spam only a fool (I thought) would see the post as anything other than SPAM.

Usually spammers are so busy posting their shite on every forum they can that they dont stay long enough to engage in any chit chat on the spam thread they start but this fella was a bit smarter. Not only did he stay on this forum he actually got a few here suckered into thinking he was an innocent newbie to the extent that when I exposed him (in my first post as a spammer) I ended up getting flack in subsequent posts on the spam thread.

"Hi, just arrived here from London and we love it here on Sydney's south shores. The wife went out and won a brand new Jag. She never won anything before but went to www.imasuckerandcantevenseespamwhenitsspam.com and won right away !

Its bloody SPAM

I forget who gave me flack for being somewhat negative about my replies to this idiot spammer, its not important but I just could not believe how this guy had people welcoming him to the forum, giving me crap for being who I am etc.

Please........ take care how you use the internet and dont be gullible since there are literally millions of scams, spams and other ripoffs that would take every penny you have and more.

Result of the above thread= thread deleted, member Banned, reason SPAM, just like I said in the first place
Feel better for that?

Old Nov 16th 2005, 8:41 am
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
Feel better for that?

Im not sure. why ask ? you weren't a poster on the thread were you since I dont take offence to those slagging me off on that thread, I thought they just dont have any street smarts thats all.
Old Nov 16th 2005, 8:47 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Im not sure. why ask ? you weren't a poster on the thread were you since I dont take offence to those slagging me off on that thread, I thought they just dont have any street smarts thats all.
Luke, lighten up! I am with you totally!

I also saw that thread and was surprised that the OP hung around to chat!!

But also, more importantly, I disregarded it as spam in a heartbeat and am surprised, very surprised that others didn't!!

Extremely worrying indeed!
Old Nov 16th 2005, 8:53 am
Banned

I also saw that thread and was surprised that the OP hung around to chat!!

But also, more importantly, I disregarded it as spam in a heartbeat and am surprised, very surprised that others didn't!!

Extremely worrying indeed!
I just cant understand how some are even gullible enough to tell him to disregard what Im saying and welcome him to BE, I was peeing meself larfin'
Was thinking... OK where the F*** are the mods, I reported it as spam ages ago
Tap tap tapin me feet
Old Nov 16th 2005, 9:02 am
Account Closed

I just cant understand how some are even gullible enough to tell him to disregard what Im saying and welcome him to BE, I was peeing meself larfin'
Was thinking... OK where the F*** are the mods, I reported it as spam ages ago
Tap tap tapin me feet
Some people are far too trusting!!

'The internet - be whoever you want to be!! '

Tut!
Old Nov 16th 2005, 9:10 am
Banned

Some people are far too trusting!!

'The internet - be whoever you want to be!! '

Tut!
Hmmm, not too sure how to read that post
Old Nov 16th 2005, 9:20 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm, not too sure how to read that post
I saw it too but didn't win no ****ing Jag
Old Nov 16th 2005, 9:45 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Bix
I saw it too but didn't win no ****ing Jag
or $500, maybe next time
Old Nov 16th 2005, 10:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey hey what a man,
spam the man
lol

thank you Luke for the warning honey
hugs Lace x
Old Nov 16th 2005, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

it_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to all

Its bloody SPAM

Jesus Luke - give it a rest mate - you've eaten more bandwidth going on about this in this thread and the other one than it ever deserved! You did your bit, you reported it and got it deleted - now give it a rest, open another tinnie and chill.
Old Nov 16th 2005, 10:12 am
Banned

Originally Posted by it_hooker
Jesus Luke - give it a rest mate - you've eaten more bandwidth going on about this in this thread and the other one than it ever deserved! You did your bit, you reported it and got it deleted - now give it a rest, open another tinnie and chill.
Umm, why quote me and waste more bandwidth if its bandwidth youre worried about, gawd, some people........
Old Nov 16th 2005, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

it_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to all

Umm, why quote me and waste more bandwidth if its bandwidth youre worried about, gawd, some people........
I ain't worried about it - just pointing out a fact.... jeez...some people...
Old Nov 16th 2005, 10:24 am
Banned

Originally Posted by it_hooker
I ain't worried about it - just pointing out a fact.... jeez...some people...
you should care more about fellow expats on this forum instead of consuming yourself with posts about your application status.
There should be a forum devoted to those who just want to advertise their progress, and one for those who prefer realism.

If I post a thread, do I not deserve the same respect as others who post a thread in this "lifestyles" forum

Dont lose the plot, remember where the oz immigration forum is if you want to be less light hearted
Old Nov 16th 2005, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

you should care more about fellow expats on this forum instead of consuming yourself with posts about your application status.
There should be a forum devoted to those who just want to advertise their progress, and one for those who prefer realism.

If I post a thread, do I not deserve the same respect as others who post a thread in this "lifestyles" forum

Dont lose the plot, remember where the oz immigration forum is if you want to be less light hearted
Luke - you're starting to ramble and become incoherent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.