Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I want my mum over

I want my mum over

Old Nov 10th 2011, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of
Default I want my mum over

My mum has decided she would like to come to OZ for xmas..but how long will it take to get a visa for her to visit upto 3 months? and which one is it ?

next problem is she is 74..has lost her sister to cancer the week we left for oz 7 months ago..her brother now has cancer and has been given a year max ...she has been nursing him for last 7 months and has decided life is too short...she has been so low since we left and is howing signs of dementia . part of me is scared to be excited. for the fear that with her health she may not get here ...im praying she will.
so what do i do first..visa . then insurance , then flight ??

xx
Old Nov 10th 2011, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

new-life is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I want my mum over

Originally Posted by rackcatt
My mum has decided she would like to come to OZ for xmas..but how long will it take to get a visa for her to visit upto 3 months? and which one is it ?

next problem is she is 74..has lost her sister to cancer the week we left for oz 7 months ago..her brother now has cancer and has been given a year max ...she has been nursing him for last 7 months and has decided life is too short...she has been so low since we left and is howing signs of dementia . part of me is scared to be excited. for the fear that with her health she may not get here ...im praying she will.
so what do i do first..visa . then insurance , then flight ??

xx
Hi

Try this link: http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/evisitor.htm

Your mum can fill this in online (or you can do it for her) and she will get instant authority to travel anytime within the next 12 months for a maximum stay period for upto 3 months.

We all need our mums'

Old Nov 10th 2011, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really see that getting a tourist visa would be a problem. But if your mother is of ill health then looking into travel insurance will only take as long as it takes to make a few phonecalls.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of

I could cry..just called home ..my uncle worse and my mum is ill ...can only pray she going to get better soon and my poor uncle goes to a better place ...im so homesick..first time in 7 months
Old Nov 10th 2011, 10:48 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Oh bless you. There's nothing worse than being so far away at a time like this.

Hopefully your Mum can be at yours for Christmas.

Thinking of you and your family.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
Oh bless you. There's nothing worse than being so far away at a time like this.

Hopefully your Mum can be at yours for Christmas.

Thinking of you and your family.
thanks very much