Reload this Page >

I want to move to Australia

I want to move to Australia

Old Feb 12th 2020, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

stace.c is an unknown quantity at this point
Question I want to move to Australia

Hi any one
I want to move to Perth Australia but my partner of 20yrs does not . My son and family live in Perth and wants me to join them, which I would love to do. Help what do I do. I’m a fit and healthy 75 yr old my partner is 80 yrs and is not interested in doing anything. I’m not ready to sit and vegetate.

Chris.

Old Feb 12th 2020, 8:31 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I want to move to Australia

Originally Posted by stace.c
Hi any one
I want to move to Perth Australia but my partner of 20yrs does not . My son and family live in Perth and wants me to join them, which I would love to do. Help what do I do. I’m a fit and healthy 75 yr old my partner is 80 yrs and is not interested in doing anything. I’m not ready to sit and vegetate.

Chris.
First, do you qualify for a visa to live in Australia? Would your partner be willing to do long holidays in Australia - say 4 to 5 months in Australia and the rest of the time at home? What's more important to you...your partner of 20 years or Perth?
Old Feb 12th 2020, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

Hi. Yes I have been told I qualify to emigrate. Don’t think my partner would want to spend that long in Australia. We have just spent 2 months in Australia over Christmas don’t think he enjoyed it that much. Unfortunately my son lives a good hour outside of Perth city . He has a small 10 acre small holding an hour away from most places ie beaches, shopping centres. So it’s quite isolated. I love being out on his land with the animals etc. But partner is definitely an towny.
He does know I want to live out there . I can understand the reason he doesn’t want to move Is that as he has his family here, but mine is out there.

Old Feb 13th 2020, 1:50 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. Yes I have been told I qualify to emigrate. Don’t think my partner would want to spend that long in Australia. We have just spent 2 months in Australia over Christmas don’t think he enjoyed it that much. Unfortunately my son lives a good hour outside of Perth city . He has a small 10 acre small holding an hour away from most places ie beaches, shopping centres. So it’s quite isolated. I love being out on his land with the animals etc. But partner is definitely an towny.
He does know I want to live out there . I can understand the reason he doesn’t want to move Is that as he has his family here, but mine is out there.
On what basis do you qualify for a visa/what visa would you be applying for? Do you or your partner have other children? Where do they live and how many are there (yours and his)?
Old Feb 13th 2020, 2:09 am
Just Joined

I qualify on balance of family I have a son and his family and a brother and family living in Australia . I do have a daughter in uk but there is not contact between us. My partner would not be included as he will not leave uk. I would also qualify as either a dependent parent or a contributing parent. I’m not sure which visa. I was told this info from Australia government. But I have not gone into it fully as yet.
Old Feb 13th 2020, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if you are happy to leave your partner, then of course you can. But, be aware the visa is likely to take about 8 years. It is going to cost in the tens of thousands.
Old Feb 13th 2020, 5:02 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I qualify on balance of family I have a son and his family and a brother and family living in Australia . I do have a daughter in uk but there is not contact between us. My partner would not be included as he will not leave uk. I would also qualify as either a dependent parent or a contributing parent. I’m not sure which visa. I was told this info from Australia government. But I have not gone into it fully as yet.
Hi Chris, welcome to BE.

I'm not really up on parent visas but the Sponsored parent (temporary) visa may meet your needs https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...y-870#Overview

Visas can be for 3 years (AUD5,000 fee) or 5 years (AUD10,000), and applicants can apply for additional visas to stay for a maximum of 10 years. The main requirements appear to be your son would need to sponsor you (no sponsor assurance of financial support required), you'd need to show you will be able to financially support yourself while in Oz, meet health requirements and have adequate health insurance (it appears you'd be eligible for Medicare under the UK/Oz reciprocal health agreement, so that's good!)

From the link above, current processing times are 75% of applications are processed within 70 days, and 90% within 4 months. There is a cap of 15,000 of these visas per year.

It might be worth you having a initial consultation with a MARA (registered) migration agent to explore your various options. Best of luck, I hope it all works out for you.
Old Feb 13th 2020, 8:31 am
Just Joined

I’m looking to stay permanently. I know I do need to speak to an agent.
Old Feb 13th 2020, 8:37 am
Just Joined

I know this will cost thousands. I need to speak to an agent to find the best and quickest way due to my age I don’t want to have to wait to long. And yes I’m prepared to leave my partner. I would rather spend time with my son and grandson while I’m fit and healthy than sit about waiting to die as this is what my partner seems prepared to do.
Old Feb 13th 2020, 9:22 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I’m looking to stay permanently. I know I do need to speak to an agent.
Ok. Good luck.
Old Feb 13th 2020, 9:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I know this will cost thousands. I need to speak to an agent to find the best and quickest way due to my age I don’t want to have to wait to long. And yes I’m prepared to leave my partner. I would rather spend time with my son and grandson while I’m fit and healthy than sit about waiting to die as this is what my partner seems prepared to do.
What a tough decision for you. Would your partner consider if if you did move to a city instead? You'd still be a lot closer to your son so it could be a good compromise?

Have you seen this recent thread? Looks like 4 years is about as quick as it'll get, if you've got the money to spend - Parent visa options

HTH, best of luck to you.
Old Feb 13th 2020, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Unfortunately my partner is not interested in moving to Australia no matter where we live. I can understand his feelings as his is the opposite to mine, his family is in the uk. I have visited Oz many times on my own as he doesn’t want to do all the traveling. I try to visit at least twice a year. I am quite used to traveling on my own and feel sure I can make a new life for myself. My be in the hope he might make an effort to visit me in Oz.

chris