Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I want to live in Whitsundays

I want to live in Whitsundays

Old Jan 1st 2010, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

EverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really nice
Default I want to live in Whitsundays

To do so I need a job, a house and a car that's not asking for much is it. Please list any offers.

Seriously though, who on here lives in Whitsundays and what do you do?

Please share your information. THANKS.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 10:47 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I want to live in Whitsundays

Originally Posted by EverydaySunshine

To do so I need a job, a house and a car that's not asking for much is it. Please list any offers.

Seriously though, who on here lives in Whitsundays and what do you do?

Please share your information. THANKS.
I think a severe input of more information is needed. For starters do you want to live in the Whitsunday Island chain or on the mainland? Which island/city? What job are you qualified to do?
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

EverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Bloke
I think a severe input of more information is needed. For starters do you want to live in the Whitsunday Island chain or on the mainland? Which island/city? What job are you qualified to do?

Hamilton Island will do nicely. Have always done PA work since leaving college. Husband is involved in IT if that makes a difference. I also have some medical experience to be specific Hand and Upper limb surgery is the remit.

As I have never been to Whitsundays suggestions for where to live and employment advice would also be helpful. Thanks.

Happy New Year
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

You are a PA with hand and limb surgery experience.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Yes, I supported a surgeon back in England who carried out these operations, I couldn't! The site of blood and needles is too much for me. I don't have the practical experience but dealt with all the patients who had these operations. Didn't mean to cause a misunderstanding.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:10 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

As I have never been to Whitsundays suggestions for where to live and employment advice would also be helpful. Thanks.
How come if you have never been you are sure you want to live there?
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
How come if you have never been you are sure you want to live there?
Sorry can't give you a proper answer. The best I can come out with is I would just love it, he islands, the lifestyle everything. I wouldn't need my arm twisted if you know what I mean.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry can't give you a proper answer. The best I can come out with is I would just love it, he islands, the lifestyle everything. I wouldn't need my arm twisted if you know what I mean.
They do look gorgeous, last night my husband and I drew up a list of holiday destinations once we move over and they are right at the top.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Not sure if it's just me but I just read that realised how bad it must sound. Thanks for the laugh
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:24 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

but surely you don't know what the 'lifestyle' is?.

You know what you've seen on the box, but that can't be the same as actually living there... how about if that 'lifestyle' means that every item of food and clothing costs you 50% more than the average... and that's perfectly possible.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Wandering Hotelier is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a caretaker vacancy on Hamilton Island - the chap who won "Best job in the world" a little while ago just got stung by nasty jellyfish......

Don't go in the water :P
Old Jan 1st 2010, 7:43 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

I think one of the biggest mistakes that an aspiring immigrant can make is to assume that because a place is great for a 2 week holiday, it is therefore a great place to live.

Buzzy
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:59 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

A friend migrated out here (to Cairns) about 10 years ago and loved Scuba Diving. He ended up with his Masters licence and ran his own diving business going out to the GBR. After a couple of years he realised that because it's what he did for a living, he hadn't actually been out diving himself for fun for a long time and the thing that brought him to Aus was now a job and he was no longer interested.

My long winded point is that places like that or hobbies in places like that need to be kept special. I can well imagine that living in the Whitsundays would become mundane and run of the mill after a year or so.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

You'll love the wet season, wall to wall rain and humidity so high that you need to chew the air before you can swallow it. The sea so full of Blue bottles, Irukandji and Box jellyfish that you can't even paddle in the sea, much less swim in it without risking being stung.

Right now the temp is 31C with an expected 'low' of 26C tonight. THe humidity is 67% and the 'dew point' is 22C, so anything colder than 22C will be sweating condensation.

This is a good time of year to visit though, fares are cheap and there's lots of vacant hotel rooms ...............go on, live the dream

Old Jan 3rd 2010, 2:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
A friend migrated out here (to Cairns) about 10 years ago and loved Scuba Diving. He ended up with his Masters licence and ran his own diving business going out to the GBR. After a couple of years he realised that because it's what he did for a living, he hadn't actually been out diving himself for fun for a long time and the thing that brought him to Aus was now a job and he was no longer interested.

My long winded point is that places like that or hobbies in places like that need to be kept special. I can well imagine that living in the Whitsundays would become mundane and run of the mill after a year or so.
Samoans Tongans and Fijians cant wait to get to Australian Cites. They would live in similar locations to the Whitsundays from a aesthetic point of view.

I would imagine it's a case of wanting what your not used to, and having your own idea of what it would be like.

I reckon I'd love a penthouse in New York.

If we didnt have dreams life would be very dreary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.