I want to cry

Old Nov 13th 2006, 2:26 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute
Default I want to cry

I've just downloaded a lot of info on the 457 Visa from the DIMA website and now I want to cry!!!

I lived in Oz 10 years ago on a Temp Resident visa, and now we wre retuning on a 457 Visa. Along with all the stress of moving the whole house and family and the kitchen sink, we have to find medical cover and probably have to pay for schooling.

Why are we doing this to ourselves? Plus the more i read about moving to Adelaide, the more confused I become about where to live and what schools to look at.

I need cheering up before i give up!

Thanks for listening to my wee moan

Nic
Old Nov 13th 2006, 2:33 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I want to cry

Originally Posted by The O'Neills
I've just downloaded a lot of info on the 457 Visa from the DIMA website and now I want to cry!!!

I lived in Oz 10 years ago on a Temp Resident visa, and now we wre retuning on a 457 Visa. Along with all the stress of moving the whole house and family and the kitchen sink, we have to find medical cover and probably have to pay for schooling.

Why are we doing this to ourselves? Plus the more i read about moving to Adelaide, the more confused I become about where to live and what schools to look at.

Nic
Is there no chance that your new employer can cover your health care Nic? The two jobs that Himself is up for, they've both said that a full med package is included, and they'll also give us an allowance for school fees until we get a permanent residency through. (Hopefully that'll encourage them with the sponsorship for that )

Might be worth asking

Lynne
Old Nov 13th 2006, 2:35 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

And after doing a nightshift I'm replying to wrong threads

I do know how you feel though. My Mrs asked me if I fancied a wee holiday in Adelaide & I felt like crying to.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 2:36 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Bordy cheers for the giggle
Old Nov 13th 2006, 2:38 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Bordy cheers for the giggle
It canny be any worse than Winter in Aberdeen. My brother used to live in Cove Bay so I know how that wind felt coming in off the north sea.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 2:40 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
And after doing a nightshift I'm replying to wrong threads

I do know how you feel though. My Mrs asked me if I fancied a wee holiday in Adelaide & I felt like crying to.
I had to double check, thought I'd replied to the wrong one first

Lynne
Old Nov 13th 2006, 2:45 pm
Homeward bound

Cheers Lynne

I'll get my Hubby right on that, when i've come down of the ceiling that is!
Old Nov 13th 2006, 2:48 pm
The Godfather

Originally Posted by Dreamy
I had to double check, thought I'd replied to the wrong one first

Lynne

Don't worry, its just me after a hard shift. I'm what they call in Australia "A complete Dill tonight"
Old Nov 13th 2006, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

melbaby has a brilliant futuremelbaby has a brilliant futuremelbaby has a brilliant futuremelbaby has a brilliant futuremelbaby has a brilliant futuremelbaby has a brilliant future

Hi Nic

my job have given us an agent we can go through for health insurance going to cost about $3000 for the family two adults two kids
they have said we can look around for a different cheaper quote if we want to - but with everything else we are looking up like schools, houses etc, i think i am just going to go with that one

not sure this will help you, we are thinking a bit like you now, visa in just about to be approved hopefully, house on the market, might have a buyer everything nearly ready to go, and we are now getting cold feet!!!!!!!

take care

mel

Nic
Old Nov 13th 2006, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

tony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud of

God, I know how you all are feeling... We have the TRA in, waiting to be approved. A friend of my sister in law heard we were making plans to emigrate and wanted to see our house before it went up with the estate agent (which we were planning to do in the new year) They loved the house and offered us full asking price straightaway and want to move in in January! :scared: Fantastic, you may think but to be honest we've strangely felt the opposite. All we've done is have 2nd thoughts and talk about why we should stay, even though we have good finances and good job prospects (nurses) . Is this normal? Please...SOMEBODY TALK US OUT OF STAYING.. We just need reassurance from people who have never looked back from moving from the UK.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 3:57 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony4563
God, I know how you all are feeling... We have the TRA in, waiting to be approved. A friend of my sister in law heard we were making plans to emigrate and wanted to see our house before it went up with the estate agent (which we were planning to do in the new year) They loved the house and offered us full asking price straightaway and want to move in in January! :scared: Fantastic, you may think but to be honest we've strangely felt the opposite. All we've done is have 2nd thoughts and talk about why we should stay, even though we have good finances and good job prospects (nurses) . Is this normal? Please...SOMEBODY TALK US OUT OF STAYING.. We just need reassurance from people who have never looked back from moving from the UK.
I think you'll find most people have or have had days like this too, I know we certainly do....frequently!!!! We've had quite an easy ride so far too compared to some people, but I think if you have the oppotunity to do some thing why not just give it a try....as they say 'nothing ventured, nothing gained'.... Good Luck C x
Old Nov 13th 2006, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

phillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant future

Do not let the 2nd thoughts get to you, we have had our PR visa since march 2003 still not sure, runs out march 2008, going out again in april on my own to have a look again and hopefully going next sept.

phillip.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

tofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud of

WATCH THE NEWS !!!.............
Old Nov 13th 2006, 6:24 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tofster
WATCH THE NEWS !!!.............
Yes that usually does the trick for me too!!!! C x
Old Nov 13th 2006, 10:43 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in Oz 10 years ago on a Temp Resident visa, and now we wre retuning on a 457 Visa.
Any particular reason why your employer isn't sponsoring for a permanent visa? Especially in Adelaide, which is RSMS eligible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.