Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I want to buy a new car - tips?

I want to buy a new car - tips?

Old Feb 9th 2008, 9:20 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default I want to buy a new car - tips?

I need a car for me as Dale is at work with the shed, sorry car..

So, we're thinking a little run about and seeing as second hand ones are so expensive, I'm going to get a new one (yippeee!).

We've been looking at the Toyota Yaris.

Anyone got any hints or tips on buying for me? I'm rubbish at talking about money and haggling on price but wondered if anyone could give me an idea on whether I should be just paying the price they say or should I be able to get them to knock some off the price?
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

fly2hi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I want to buy a new car - tips?

not too hard...just stand up and walk towards the door..if they've got anything to give...they'll drag you back.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fly2hi
not too hard...just stand up and walk towards the door..if they've got anything to give...they'll drag you back.
Yes agree with this, tell them you're ready to buy a car there and then if the price is right and go in low, be cheeky, you then just go on from there. We found they keep going in the office to see 'the boss' when I bought mine, they were even doing a bit of play acting! shouting at each other! we thought it was hilarious he kept coming out saying he was on 'our side!'
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:54 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
Yes agree with this, tell them you're ready to buy a car there and then if the price is right and go in low, be cheeky, you then just go on from there. We found they keep going in the office to see 'the boss' when I bought mine, they were even doing a bit of play acting! shouting at each other! we thought it was hilarious he kept coming out saying he was on 'our side!'
Argh man I hate all that! I'm gonna send you in to do it
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippy
Argh man I hate all that! I'm gonna send you in to do it
I will if you want, come with you I mean, no probs
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:03 am

I will if you want, come with you I mean, no probs
do I have to be there at all? I'm a big skeeredy cat
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

do I have to be there at all? I'm a big skeeredy cat
errrm well you probably do
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:06 am

errrm well you probably do
Damn it, thought you were gonna buy it for me

I spent all my money on the pokies
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Damn it, thought you were gonna buy it for me

I spent all my money on the pokies
well seen a nice little car in woolies today I can buy you that
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:10 am

well seen a nice little car in woolies today I can buy you that
Oh you're too kind
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh you're too kind
I know
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:28 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

So, we're thinking a little run about and seeing as second hand ones are so expensive, I'm going to get a new one (yippeee!).

Anyone got any hints or tips on buying for me? I'm rubbish at talking about money and haggling on price but wondered if anyone could give me an idea on whether I should be just paying the price they say or should I be able to get them to knock some off the price?
Use these guys:
http://www.carbroker.com.au/newcar.php

They do all the negotiations for you, seem to always get the best price and have a good reputation. To make sure you are getting the best price, get a quote off them and see if your dealer will better it. I used a sinilar mob in the UK and they got a price I would never have been able to get on my own.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Use these guys:
http://www.carbroker.com.au/newcar.php

They do all the negotiations for you, seem to always get the best price and have a good reputation. To make sure you are getting the best price, get a quote off them and see if your dealer will better it. I used a sinilar mob in the UK and they got a price I would never have been able to get on my own.
Ah brilliant, I've just filled one of those in for a company called newcarsaustralia.com.au

I'll fill that one in too though if you recommend them presume it's ok for me to fill two in
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

sue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nice

Just put my Mirage in classified section if your interested..
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by sue&bob
Just put my Mirage in classified section if your interested..
Well thank you but you are a little too far for me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.