Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I wanna cry & let off steam:(

Wikiposts

I wanna cry & let off steam:(

Old May 18th 2004, 3:18 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Seems it's best not to tell anyone that you are selling because you are migrating.
Especially the Estate agents

Hope it works out OK

Best wishes

G
Old May 18th 2004, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

I still have nighmares every time someone mentions selling houses from the UK. Infact it will be a while before I am allowed out of the straightjacket completely
It also reminds me of another reason why I wouldn't want to go back to the UK right now, I swore that I wouldn't after the trauma.
We have bought a business and now land and home and haven't exactly breezed through it all, but definately not had the stress that we had in the UK.
It really is time that things changed there, and once someone has made an offer they should be held to it with penalties if they change their minds, as they do here.

Hope you luck changes in the morning.

Whisky
Old May 18th 2004, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear your bad news Phoenix... hope they realise what trouble they've caused and that it all gets sorted soon.
Big hugs
Larissa
Old May 18th 2004, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I wanna cry & let off steam:(

I was so sorry to read your 'news' mate, what a bummer to say the least, what i would say is hang in there till the end of the week, don't forget they will lose money if they pull out, as they have still paid for searches, sols fees, survey etc. so call there bluff! By the way the agents 'should' be working for there vendor!
Hope that you get it sorted hunny
thinking of you
Rach xxxx
Old May 18th 2004, 5:44 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Really feel for you PUK.
This sort of thing really pisses me off.
Can imagine them smurking thinking they got you over a barrel.
Stick to your guns.
Maybe try one of these:-
Attached Images  
Old May 18th 2004, 11:34 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Jimbo9
There are more sharp practices in buying/selling houses than you can shake a sh***y stick at. A girl at work looking to buy her first place had her offer on a place accepted by the vendors. Then they told her they wanted £3000 more, and she obliged. Then before completion she was told it had been sold to someone else who was paying the same price but was quicker ! - she had been in what the agents called "a contract race"

She was left with the expense of the survey & some legal costs.

I have heard of similar goings on in Oz too so beware both buyers and sellers !
Hi Jimbo
Queensland set up a system so that shouldn't happen here.
When you make an offer for a house, the first thing you do is sign a contract. Only then will the offer go to the seller, and if the seller says yes, then its just about a "done deal", with penalties if you wish to get out of it

Old May 18th 2004, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

Hey
Everyone knows (especially now) that the estate agents are on the side of whoever can get them the commission for their new car/ home/holiday first.

I had one estate agent who threatened to offer one set of buyers details of two similar houses that were coming on to the market if I didn't agree to their offer. (All because the house had been on for 10 weeks).

I had another estate agent phone up whilst on with a different one, to tell me his sales director was looking to buy specifically in my street (yeah, right!), but that it would look bad if he bought from another agent......and that I should sign up with them so that the sale could go through .........duh, do they think we are all stupid.

In the end I sold it for the price I was happy with. After all remember ITS YOUR EQUITY!

Nick
Old May 18th 2004, 5:02 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Now stop being such a wuss and go sort the story out, its got Bradd Pitt in it now
Old May 18th 2004, 6:32 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

PUK, I agree with some of the others, dont give in to them! Call their bluff, if they come back good, if not then be thankful cos they could try it once & then once they got you to drop the price they could try it again! The system in the UK is so :scared: it makes me . And so many people seem to take advantage of it & try to screw you over .

Just on another note, what exactly does a snotty flat-fished face tutu wearing panda look like?
Old May 19th 2004, 12:15 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Hi Guys.......thanks ever so much for your fantastic words of wisdom.....I REALLY needed the morale support yesterday.

If ever I had a breaking point.......yesterday was it

HOWEVER...........today I'm back.....

I've risen from the bloody ashes again [soz peeps I'm sh*t at the funnies so just humour me will ya ]

Anyway: Update. I have done some investigations into the house sale......and without saying too much / incriminating anyone.......it seems I may have uncovered a major scam!!!

It involves an Estate Agent & a Property buyer / developer [work that out] :scared:

This is not sour grapes.....not my style.......can't be arsed.

I have provided the evidence to a third party to deal with and hopefully these effin "sharks" get it smack bang in the goolies

So........to answer you guys who were kindly optomistic......the deal is definatley off. It looks like it was a business deal not a private deal so not quite straightfwd

Thanks for the flowers Debsy [XX]

I'll be back on the frivoulous show......CU all there 2nite

As for being a snotty flat-fished face tutu wearing panda......well I'm now back to beautiful Phoenixuk2oz again [I wish]

Thanks again everyone.....you're a great bunch XXX

Old May 19th 2004, 12:52 am

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Hiya Puk

I expect you're going to switch agents

Do you have sell your house again before you can go?

Glad you've bounced back !hope you had lots of wine!

Nikki x
Old May 19th 2004, 3:14 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by nikkers
Hiya Puk

Nikki x

Hiya Nikki

I am

I do

I have

I did

Hopefully new Agent will have ethical values!!

Old May 19th 2004, 3:16 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Hiya Puk

Nikki x

Hiya Nikki

I am

I do

I have

Oooo.....I did

Phoenixuk2oz

Hiya Puk

Nikki x

Hiya Nikki

I am

I do

I have

Oooo.....I did

Phoenixuk2oz

Hiya Puk

Nikki x

Hiya Nikki

I am

I do

I have

Oooo.....I did

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.