Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I think its time hevs hung up her keyboard

I think its time hevs hung up her keyboard

Old Jan 3rd 2005, 10:42 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy I think its time hevs hung up her keyboard

I can’t stand the inane bullsh*t on this forum anymore, so please excuse my language cos i'm a bit pissed off

I really don’t know how or when it all went so horribly wrong but I really can’t believe the nasty, childishness that spouts from the finger tips of some people on here.

Just go here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...2&page=2&pp=15 for a classic example!!

Firstly, Diagnosing someone with a personality disorder, then a “chill out you dick� comment, then a few other people patting him on the back for this witty remark. Then some other people jumping on HUP for his “love boat� comment (that was A JOKE!! And totally irrelevant to this particular thread) then a telling off for stealing someone’s avatar FOR GODS SAKE IT’S A *****ING AVATAR!!! not the script for the long awaited screen version of The Hobbit!!! FFFS. Then a load of female goading about pubs and bikes. Then the love life of cas and tony pops up again, then a totally uncalled for remark that at least was apologised for later. Then Caz telling HUP of for “upsetting a lot of people who are worth a lot to this site� WELL ***** ME!! Who made that decision then? and more importantly where? in the bloody cheeky pub no doubt, who the hell decides who is “important “ to this site??!! Then followed with

Unfortunately the amount of s*** that has been flying around recently has made some people give up on the site - which is a shame - friendly banter is one thing, but personal remarks are the pits.
Well hello!!?? that’s me and HUP and a hell of a lot of others who are pissed off with the shit on this forum and the sheer amount of drivel posted, but hey!! because we choose to hold our conversations in the chat room or by PM we are not “worth a lot to this site“!!

As for HUP being the only one to “point this out� NOPE!! He’s the only one who actually posts it, he has had karma and pm’s from heaps of people who just can’t be arsed anymore…

And so the thread goes on, ending rather spectacularly with IMHO two of the most anal pieces of drivel ever posted (and I’ve done a fair few of my own!)
1) I think this thread should be closed and you should be banned from posting on the forum Sherkhan.

You have made some really nasty comments to some of my friends on here and I don't like it.

I hope you never get any friends there and live a sad and lonely life.

Grayling u deserve a drink for being honest and getting to the point at the beginning of the thread.

Im off to the Cheeky pub where there are decent people.
Still trying to work out if that was a wind up!!

2)
Originally Posted by Leslie66
Hi G.......Is this the wanker that got the Cheeky Pub moved?

--------------------------------------------------------

Don't know but he is the one who started all the unpleasantness so it would not surprise me.

Well!! what a wanker, getting the cheeky pub moved!!! OH MY GOD!! What a terrible thing to have done and you deserved being called a wanker for it!!(NOT)

Jesus will you lot listen to yourselves!! :scared:

I am not a sherkhan groupie BTW, just that this thread was the proverbial straw.

I joined this forum to gain information for the biggest thing that I was ever going to do in my entire life, this I did. But more importantly I made friends, many of whom I have met/ stayed with and they know they can do the same with me . I do not however view them as “my gang� and if one of them posts something crap I will tell them!! Not get my friends or the mods to gang up on them for me.

Whilst this post may look like a personal attack, it was not my intention and if anyone feels attacked then I am sorry, but I can’t sit by while my husband is being accused of having multiple sign ons just because he has the guts to say what a lot of people are thinking!! I wish the forum would go back to how it used to be, but far too many of the informative posters just can’t be arsed anymore. So the forum looks doomed to remain banal and cliquey, neither of which are things I need to stay around for. I want to go before I get nasty and would like to be remembered for my funny posts (thanks guys for all of your nominations BTW!!)

So so long to all who stay, keep up the good work THE FORUM NEEDS YOU!! And fondest farewells to all of my buddies on here, you know where to find me

Hxxx
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 10:46 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I think its time hevs hung up her keyboard

Originally Posted by hevs

. I want to go before I get nasty
You wouldn't want to see when i'm feeling REALLY nasty. HUP!!! fetch my chainsaw
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

I can’t stand the inane bullsh*t on this forum anymore, so please excuse my language cos i'm a bit pissed off

I really don’t know how or when it all went so horribly wrong but I really can’t believe the nasty, childishness that spouts from the finger tips of some people on here.

Just go here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...2&page=2&pp=15 for a classic example!!

Firstly, Diagnosing someone with a personality disorder, then a “chill out you dick� comment, then a few other people patting him on the back for this witty remark. Then some other people jumping on HUP for his “love boat� comment (that was A JOKE!! And totally irrelevant to this particular thread) then a telling off for stealing someone’s avatar FOR GODS SAKE IT’S A *****ING AVATAR!!! not the script for the long awaited screen version of The Hobbit!!! FFFS. Then a load of female goading about pubs and bikes. Then the love life of cas and tony pops up again, then a totally uncalled for remark that at least was apologised for later. Then Caz telling HUP of for “upsetting a lot of people who are worth a lot to this site� WELL ***** ME!! Who made that decision then? and more importantly where? in the bloody cheeky pub no doubt, who the hell decides who is “important “ to this site??!! Then followed with

Well hello!!?? that’s me and HUP and a hell of a lot of others who are pissed off with the shit on this forum and the sheer amount of drivel posted, but hey!! because we choose to hold our conversations in the chat room or by PM we are not “worth a lot to this site“!!

As for HUP being the only one to “point this out� NOPE!! He’s the only one who actually posts it, he has had karma and pm’s from heaps of people who just can’t be arsed anymore…

And so the thread goes on, ending rather spectacularly with IMHO two of the most anal pieces of drivel ever posted (and I’ve done a fair few of my own!)

2)

Well!! what a wanker, getting the cheeky pub moved!!! OH MY GOD!! What a terrible thing to have done and you deserved being called a wanker for it!!(NOT)

I am not a sherkhan groupie BTW, just that this thread was the proverbial straw.

I joined this forum to gain information for the biggest thing that I was ever going to do in my entire life, this I did. But more importantly I made friends, many of whom I have met/ stayed with and they know they can do the same with me . I do not however view them as “my gang� and if one of them posts something crap I will tell them!! Not get my friends or the mods to gang up on them for me.

Whilst this post may look like a personal attack, it was not my intention and if anyone feels attacked then I am sorry, but I can’t sit by while my husband is being accused of having multiple sign ons just because he has the guts to say what a lot of people are thinking!! I wish the forum would go back to how it used to be, but far too many of the informative posters just can’t be arsed anymore. So the forum looks doomed to remain banal and cliquey, neither of which are things I need to stay around for. I want to go before I get nasty and would like to be remembered for my funny posts (thanks guys for all of your nominations BTW!!)

So so long to all who stay, keep up the good work THE FORUM NEEDS YOU!! And fondest farewells to all of my buddies on here, you know where to find me

Hxxx

Have a break...have a kitkat....

sent you a pm....
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 10:54 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

2)

Hxxx
Sorry hevs, and to HUP as well, my part in this was out of order - my only excuse was that I have been very stressed and also, like you, I have been pissed off with the way things have been on the forum.
I have made my peace in some respects - not going into that here. If it was a joke what HUP said, then it just came at the wrong time and I reacted.
In retospect, I agree with you in many respects - as you will see if you read the end of that bit of the thread.

Cas
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 10:55 am
Just Joined

Ocker is on a distinguished road

2)

Hxxx

Shiiiiittttt............I only joined to research things a bit a few days ago, what am I in for?
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 10:59 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

OMG babes (quick nod to badge ) I hope none of those nasty people have any friends when they come over here. I hope the mods gang up on them and PULL THEIR HAIR!!!!!

You better be careful though Bordy or Badge might nick your avatar.
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 11:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by HUP
OMG babes (quick nod to badge ) I hope none of those nasty people have any friends when they come over here. I hope the mods gang up on them and PULL THEIR HAIR!!!!!

You better be careful though Bordy or Badge might nick your avatar.
I just apologised.................

Cas
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 11:03 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I just apologised.................

Cas
Wasn't aimed at you. Our posts crossed.
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hevs, I am sad to read this. It is a shame when someone who has been on here as long as you feels they have to leave. I must admit that this forum is not as interesting anymore as I cannot be bothered to wade through the posts where everyone is being nasty to each other.

All I can say is we will miss you and HUP and your witty posts. You have helped me a lot in the past and we have had some fun in here.

Speak to you soon.
Debsx
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 11:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by HUP
Wasn't aimed at you. Our posts crossed.
Ok

Still apologising for getting caught up in the infantile behaviour of late.

Cas
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 11:07 am
HUP
Brain Drained

Originally Posted by debsy
All I can say is we will miss you and HUP and your witty posts.
Who said anything about me going! :scared:
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 11:11 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Hevs
You must do what you must.

However I would like to point out that the thread you refer to was the end point in what had been a very unpleasant period of time when one poster had been consistently logging on under different names having been banned several times for being offensive and abusive.
It was no secret that it was one poster as he/she usually ended up telling us.

You may also have noticed that many of us are no longer posting much for the very same reasons.

G
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 11:21 am
HUP
Brain Drained

Originally Posted by Grayling
Hevs
You must do what you must.

However I would like to point out that the thread you refer to was the end point in what had been a very unpleasant period.

G
The thing that I dont understand is that there was not any real abuse (To start with) in that thread from Sherkhan. I saw the thread and it made me smile because it started as a gentle poke at the banal. The CP thread should have been in the lounge in the first place. It deteriated (sp) slightly when all the abuse was hurled at Sherkhan. Like he said VIRTUAL PUBS ARE NOT REAL.

Its turned into a playground menatality where (if you've got spoddy shoes you'll get picked on. ) if your not part of the clique then you don't count.
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 11:26 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

hevs!!

I am so sorry to hear that you feel this way, however I believe its totally justified. I think this forum has lost alot in losing you and I think thats a great shame.

I was so looking forward to meeting you at one of the meets and sure hope that we will still get that chance. Please do pop in from time to time and let us know how you are getting on.

Best wishes,

Hels
xxx
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 11:29 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HUP
The thing that I dont understand is that there was not any real abuse (To start with) in that thread from Sherkhan. I saw the thread and it made me smile because it started as a gentle poke at the banal. The CP thread should have been in the lounge in the first place. It deteriated (sp) slightly when all the abuse was hurled at Sherkhan. Like he said VIRTUAL PUBS ARE NOT REAL.

Its turned into a playground menatality where (if you've got spoddy shoes you'll get picked on. ) if your not part of the clique then you don't count.
Maybe you had not read the earlier posts from that person.

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.