Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I think i want to go home

I think i want to go home

Old Dec 30th 2008, 9:11 pm
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I think i want to go home

Originally Posted by remmie1
Hi betsyboob

God I hear you. In England now for Christmas and New Year (live in Queensland). It is such a head scramble. I called it a mind ***** but my daughter puts it better.

This is our 2nd time back in 3 years.

Just finished our house build in Qld on Oct 16 and flew out to Manchester on 6 Dec.

Left 32 degrees and arrived to minus 3!

At first I hated being back even though my lovely family are all here. My sister said we looked like fish out of water when we arrived.

Me, hubby and daughter all got flu within 4 days so that wasn't gonna help the mood.

BUT now after seeing everyone and going to their houses and parties etc. I am so messed up.

I know I like it in Qld but my heart is in England. BUT I don't want to live here.

I want ALL my family to move to Oz and then I would be fine! Then I think NO! I couldn't be doing with all the hassle from them (large extended family).

It's one extreme to the other, billy one mate in Oz and quite a quiet life to non stop visiting and laughing and talking and not having to try to fit in I just am. Hope this is making some sense?

All my waffle isn't going to help you at all I don't think but I do think a holiday back would give you some answers.

It has messed me up but I am looking forward to going back to Australia even though I love and miss my family so much.

We are having a NYE do and saying goodbye then and then off to another hotel for a day before flying home. Just need to get my head together after saying goodbye to them I can feel the emotions rising as I type.

Taking off the Christmassy, boozy, glasses off I realise I love them all but the distance isn't that bad and I am terrified of flying. They wouldn't have got together as much if we hadn't been here it was a good excuse. They normally just get on with their lives and see each other now and again. No big deal. I realise I am not missing much really.

Back to you (sorry!) after all the hassle of getting the visa a holiday would probably answer some of your questions (this has prob already been said I haven't read the whole thread).

I know it's bleedin expensive but so is shifting all the stuff.

I wish I had Simon Cowell's dosh and could have a place here and in Oz and flit whenever I wanted back and forth. Problem sorted. Maybe one day!

Hi Sorry you are having such a hard time, you summed it up though when you said you wanted them all to move to Oz ....but don't want the hassle. It's funny how you can miss people so much and then faced with the reality feel the opposite. I really miss family but the reality is that i rarely saw my family, OH's family were around the corner and we could go a month without seeing them! I think i have been looking through my Rosies.

I am feeling much better now, it's like something has clicked over the last 2days, not sure it will last but i hope it will!
Old Dec 30th 2008, 9:14 pm
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Well said Baby.

I suppose the poster feels they should stay in here, suffer in silence, pretend all is ok, stiff upper lip and all that, instead of getting support help and advice from people who really are feeling the same way they do and they can relate to
We actually manage to have a good laugh over there you know!! And some of the biggest moaning whingers I have seen on this website have been known to hangout in the Barbie. They just moan about diffeent things!!
Hi, i agree. As it happens i actually feel a lot better now...but it has been good to look at the other forum and see how others are feeling, and the outcomes.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Gordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really nice

Originally Posted by betsyboob
Hi, i agree. As it happens i actually feel a lot better now...but it has been good to look at the other forum and see how others are feeling, and the outcomes.
Hi Betsyboob (love the forum name by the way).

Yes, it is good to share ideas and thoughts with neutral people sometimes, whatever the views. It's good to know you are not the only ones out there with concerns.

It is weird, not that christmas is out the way and we made a point of taking the decorations down yesterday, things feel back to a more normal rhythm. Had a few constructive discussions this year with some relatives about things, and some were actually really good, but a couple were the usual stubourn mules!. Ah well, can't please everyone I suppose.

Looking forward to 2009 actually and 6 months back in the UK to work and settle me head a bit.

Cheers
Old Dec 30th 2008, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really nice

Hi betsyboob,

Glad to read you are now feeling ok. Just wanted you to know that I know how you felt through Christmas as I've found it desperately lonely....it's the first time our family of 5 have ever been on our own at this time of year but then again it's early days for us.....arrived in Towsnville on 8th Nov!

Best wishes to you for the New Year

Dawn