Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I think i want to go home

I think i want to go home

Old Dec 28th 2008, 10:56 am
Just Joined

Chorley Lancashire is just really niceChorley Lancashire is just really niceChorley Lancashire is just really niceChorley Lancashire is just really niceChorley Lancashire is just really niceChorley Lancashire is just really niceChorley Lancashire is just really niceChorley Lancashire is just really nice
Default Re: I think i want to go home

Originally Posted by moneypen20
To be honest if you believe it's the easy option then nothing anyone else says will make an ounce of difference to you. In any case, why should her life be difficult? You only get one life, make it as easy as you can and if that means she goes back to where she feels comfortable then it's sod all to do with anyone else. Was it easy for you to decide, plan, obtain visa, sell up, move your entire life 12,000 miles away? I hardly think so. To do nearly the same in reverse is anything but easy.
Thats right its hard to actualy get here and i think its weak giving up after only 4 months thats my "opinion"

And as for the person calling me a tosser all i can say to him is "Big man hiding on a forum" seen it all before if your intrested i will pm my address to you and if your in currumbin come down and say it to my face cant be any fairer than that!!!
Old Dec 28th 2008, 11:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorley Lancashire
And as for the person calling me a tosser all i can say to him is "Big man hiding on a forum" seen it all before if your intrested i will pm my address to you and if your in currumbin come down and say it to my face cant be any fairer than that!!!
I think you'll find he's in France
Old Dec 28th 2008, 11:09 am

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Thats right its hard to actualy get here and i think its weak giving up after only 4 months thats my "opinion"

Oh ffs, grow up! You've been here two minutes, and already you're spoiling for a scrap? Your post was infantile, so yes, I do think you're a tosser. If you're ever in France, come & see just how big I am. I'm a Yorkshireman, used to dealing with useless twats from the wrong side of the hill, like.....
Old Dec 28th 2008, 11:20 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

OK children, enough's enough. All entitled to an opinion. No one is right, no one is wrong but we don't need 'my dad's bigger than your dad' behaviour. OP would probably prefer useful comments don't you think.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 11:26 am

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
OK children, enough's enough. All entitled to an opinion. No one is right, no one is wrong but we don't need 'my dad's bigger than your dad' behaviour. OP would probably prefer useful comments don't you think.
Tell 'im miss, tell 'im.....
Old Dec 28th 2008, 11:53 am
Just Joined

Chorley Lancashire is just really niceChorley Lancashire is just really niceChorley Lancashire is just really niceChorley Lancashire is just really niceChorley Lancashire is just really niceChorley Lancashire is just really niceChorley Lancashire is just really niceChorley Lancashire is just really nice

Originally Posted by Le Chant
Oh ffs, grow up! You've been here two minutes, and already you're spoiling for a scrap? Your post was infantile, so yes, I do think you're a tosser. If you're ever in France, come & see just how big I am. I'm a Yorkshireman, used to dealing with useless twats from the wrong side of the hill, like.....
Lol
Old Dec 28th 2008, 11:55 am

Lol
Good! Glad that's sorted then. Now stop being a muppet, and post some lurrrrrrrve!
Old Dec 28th 2008, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

I get so bloody annoyed reading these kinds of posts. The girl's been saying it doesn't 'feel' right to her. She's deeply unhappy. Who the hell has the right to say she can't possibly be right in feeling these things? What's right for some isn't necessarily right for others. Some like butter, others prefer margerine. FFS, give the girl some credit for knowing how she feels. It's HER life, the future of the world doesn't depend on whether she stays in Oz or not.

Jaysus!

If someone posts on a forum asking for advice and opinions you cannot then go and have a go at people for expressing them. Thats what forums are for !

If she didnt want to hear what other people thought then she wouldnt have asked. Obviously people may not change your feelings towards something but sometimes listening to others experience when they have been through similar feelings can help put yours in perspective and perhaps make you look at yours differently.

Regardless I dont think the comments you made after this one and your attitude, having a go at people and slagging them off is wanted on this forum. I havent seen you in the aussie area before and I hope you dont come back, your type of nasty forum troll attitude is one we have mostly avoided so far.

People come here to help others, if you cannot get past your own personal issues and do that then dont post please.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by dave99
If someone posts on a forum asking for advice and opinions you cannot then go and have a go at people for expressing them. Thats what forums are for !

If she didnt want to hear what other people thought then she wouldnt have asked. Obviously people may not change your feelings towards something but sometimes listening to others experience when they have been through similar feelings can help put yours in perspective and perhaps make you look at yours differently.

Regardless I dont think the comments you made after this one and your attitude, having a go at people and slagging them off is wanted on this forum. I havent seen you in the aussie area before and I hope you dont come back, your type of nasty forum troll attitude is one we have mostly avoided so far.

People come here to help others, if you cannot get past your own personal issues and do that then dont post please.
Tell you what Dave99, take your own head out of your arse, and read the whole thing properly. If you think it's worth having a go afterwards, then be my guest. I'll post wherever I feel I have a contribution to make, whether here, there or anywhere. That's your right too. When the glorious day arrives that it says 'Moderator' next to your username, then perhaps that'll be the day I'll take some notice of you. In the meantime, have a look at the rest of my posts elsewhere on the forum. Especially the helpful ones. troll, I'm not - unlike someone who's first 6 contributions were nothing but derogatory, and insulting to the OP's intelligence. Much like yours.

'Easy option', 'Weak' - they the sort of words you'd like to hear applied to you? I doubt it. It wasn't advice, it was hurtful.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 2:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Tell you what Dave99, take your own head out of your arse, and read the whole thing properly. If you think it's worth having a go afterwards, then be my guest. I'll post wherever I feel I have a contribution to make, whether here, there or anywhere. That's your right too. When the glorious day arrives that it says 'Moderator' next to your username, then perhaps that'll be the day I'll take some notice of you. In the meantime, have a look at the rest of my posts elsewhere on the forum. Especially the helpful ones. troll, I'm not - unlike someone who's first 6 contributions were nothing but derogatory, and insulting to the OP's intelligence. Much like yours.

'Easy option', 'Weak' - they the sort of words you'd like to hear applied to you? I doubt it. It wasn't advice, it was hurtful.
Which bit of THIS POST do you guys not understand? Now cut it out.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 5:20 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

awww bless you I remember feeling like that and we came home, was a bit more involved than that though, I felt unwell from moment of arrival and feeling as ill as I did made the homesickness etc too hard.
The medical service I received in Sydney was to be blunt CRAP, fantastic dr in Melbourne who diagnosed my heart condition, which was confirmed upon arrival back in the UK.
Am I glad I came back - yes and no, yes because my heart condition has been very well looked after here and it's been complicated by the fact i'm pregnant, over there I was treated like some hypercondriac pregnant woman !!!! by 4 different medical practices. I will need an operation but my consultant is hoping that pregnancy out the way my health should improve to the point it will be a few years instead of a few months.
Do I regret coming back to the UK, hell YES, things have changed here, we came back to the same house, the kids went back to the same schools etc.
But most of the 'good' friends we thought we had that all wanted to farewell us, have nothing to do with us now we're back, it like when they said goodbye that was it as far as they were concerned (we didn't even make a big deal about going).
Some family have been the same too, I hate the weather here, I hate the small crappy little roads, everything feel more tense and hyped here, all the credit crunch crap.
Everything feels different being back and the rubbish we've had off some people saying oh you should of stuck it out regardless..... interesting comment when it's not them that has had to go into hospital 4 - 5 times since i've been back, the last time they wanted to keep me in til I have the baby . There is so much I thought I knew about what I used to call home (here), but it all feels like it's changed now, I don't feel welcome here.
I miss how laid back everything was over there, how strangers were more helpful and friendly than people here that we've known years......

I know it's not like this for everyone but personally I think if it was just homesickness I could have coped with it and we'd still be there now enjoying a lovely Christmas in the sun, trouble is homesickness, pregnancy hormones and problems and health concerns made it impossible.
If you can give it at least a year as apposed to months I would, remember Christmas is going to be the hardest time of year for you.
Also bear in mind if you're renting you may find you feel differently if you try leasing in a different area.

I wish you all the best with your decision and hope that either way you don't live to regret it as much as I do
Old Dec 28th 2008, 7:30 pm

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JenJen
awww bless you I remember feeling like that and we came home, was a bit more involved than that though, I felt unwell from moment of arrival and feeling as ill as I did made the homesickness etc too hard.
The medical service I received in Sydney was to be blunt CRAP, fantastic dr in Melbourne who diagnosed my heart condition, which was confirmed upon arrival back in the UK.
Am I glad I came back - yes and no, yes because my heart condition has been very well looked after here and it's been complicated by the fact i'm pregnant, over there I was treated like some hypercondriac pregnant woman !!!! by 4 different medical practices. I will need an operation but my consultant is hoping that pregnancy out the way my health should improve to the point it will be a few years instead of a few months.
Do I regret coming back to the UK, hell YES, things have changed here, we came back to the same house, the kids went back to the same schools etc.
But most of the 'good' friends we thought we had that all wanted to farewell us, have nothing to do with us now we're back, it like when they said goodbye that was it as far as they were concerned (we didn't even make a big deal about going).
Some family have been the same too, I hate the weather here, I hate the small crappy little roads, everything feel more tense and hyped here, all the credit crunch crap.
Everything feels different being back and the rubbish we've had off some people saying oh you should of stuck it out regardless..... interesting comment when it's not them that has had to go into hospital 4 - 5 times since i've been back, the last time they wanted to keep me in til I have the baby . There is so much I thought I knew about what I used to call home (here), but it all feels like it's changed now, I don't feel welcome here.
I miss how laid back everything was over there, how strangers were more helpful and friendly than people here that we've known years......

I know it's not like this for everyone but personally I think if it was just homesickness I could have coped with it and we'd still be there now enjoying a lovely Christmas in the sun, trouble is homesickness, pregnancy hormones and problems and health concerns made it impossible.
If you can give it at least a year as apposed to months I would, remember Christmas is going to be the hardest time of year for you.
Also bear in mind if you're renting you may find you feel differently if you try leasing in a different area.

I wish you all the best with your decision and hope that either way you don't live to regret it as much as I do

Good to see an honest post without any aggressive responses. Personal accounts are what it is all about, good or bad. This one is so close to what happened to me and my family too. My son was in hospital on Xmas day with a suspected collapsed lung. Tough you betcha, and a couple of weeks ago before that he was in a car crash. Not seen my wife and other son for 4 months now.

So i would add to post on here in a way like this. How would you talk to a stranger in a pub face to face. You can disagree on many things but you would be unlikely to verbally abuse others unless.........you get the picture i recon. Yes we all get emotional but slagging people off is just not right. One of the reason i am on here is because so many people helped me when i needed it. I have had some have a go at me too. So i know the feeling on a few sides. And i will also add please keep it clean. And all the best for the new year ok.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 8:50 pm
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

The only person hiding behind a forum is you, it's funny how people get so much confidence when online
Old Dec 28th 2008, 8:52 pm

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

I'm so sorry i have got you into trouble...i can see that it was not your fault, that other guy is an idiot, lets face it there is nothing you can say to a guy like that, i wonder if he has children...or lives in the real world...where people actually have feelings.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by JenJen

Hi, thanks for your post.
The funny thing is, as much as really FEEL like i want to go home the thought of the UK seems quite grim, it must be all the days of sunshine here.
I think you are right though, i am possibly thinking that i have something at home that is possibly not really there.
I do feel quite down, and homesick but i can see that essentially this would probably be a better place for the kids to grow up...although they have no relatives here.....
I don't really know what to do, i think i should stick it out untill i am 100% sure. I do have good days, maybe they will become more frequent.
Thanks again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.