Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I think I burnt my eyes in the sun?

I think I burnt my eyes in the sun?

Old Oct 5th 2008, 10:59 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I think I burnt my eyes in the sun?

Well.. the skin around my eyes... was on the beach yesterday and was giving my face a well earned blast of sunbathing... then last night my left eye was really really sore (hurt to close) and then today (Sunday.. bloody Sunday to misquote U2) they swelled up and were really sore and no doctors were open!

The only thing I can think of, was that the sun damaged them??? I didnt lie out for long.. but even so?

They are much better at the moment (tho still quite sore.. just not as sore) so am going to the docs tomorrow.. my face isnt burnt or anything..

What do you think?

Em x
Old Oct 5th 2008, 11:04 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I think I burnt my eyes in the sun?

[quote=emelems;6846236]Well.. the skin around my eyes... was on the beach yesterday and was giving my face a well earned blast of sunbathing... then last night my left eye was really really sore (hurt to close) and then today (Sunday.. bloody Sunday to misquote U2) they swelled up and were really sore and no doctors were open!

The only thing I can think of, was that the sun damaged them??? I didnt lie out for long.. but even so?

They are much better at the moment (tho still quite sore.. just not as sore) so am going to the docs tomorrow.. my face isnt burnt or anything..

What do you think?

the skin is a lot more sensitive around yr eyes so its posible

i never go out without my sunnys
hubby and i were talkin about this today

hope u get better soon

jan xx
Old Oct 5th 2008, 11:11 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure you havent been bitten by a mosquito. I did the same - and thought I had burnt my eyes - my right one theh day after was swollen like i had done ten rounds with tyson, all full of water and blistered. turns out i had been bitten by a mozzie right on my eyelid - didnt half hurt. But two very strong antihistamines later and some allergy cream and it was almost gone. Just a thought.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 11:39 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
Well.. the skin around my eyes... was on the beach yesterday and was giving my face a well earned blast of sunbathing... then last night my left eye was really really sore (hurt to close) and then today (Sunday.. bloody Sunday to misquote U2) they swelled up and were really sore and no doctors were open!

What do you think?

Em x
See if you can find a chemist open and get yourself some "tear gel". It's in a tube and is a lubricant for your eyes. Drops will work in a pinch, but the gel is much better. You put about a 1/4 inch line just inside your lower eyelids about 4-6 times per day. Should help your corneas to feel better. For the skin around your eyes you can use slices of cucumber to cool and soothe. I would avoid creams around your eyes since it can really hurt if you get it in them. Especially if you have burnt your corneas as well.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 1:43 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, I will do that tomorrow and have a chat with the pharmacist too...

Em x
Old Oct 5th 2008, 1:50 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
For the skin around your eyes you can use slices of cucumber to cool and soothe.
Spot on, Dorothy. Would also suggest cool wet tea bags to help reduce swelling. Or if you are out of cukes and tea bags, just a cool wet face cloth.