Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I think the cat wants to stay here!

I think the cat wants to stay here!

Old Aug 19th 2005, 6:54 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry I think the cat wants to stay here!

Three nights this week she's not come in until well after dark - last night I have no idea what time it was, way after midnight I know that and she woke me up climbing the roof to get in our window!

Malc keeps saying she's not coming as if she does that in WA she'll get shot.

Dont know why she's suddenly started doing it.....

Is it really a major problem in WA? It is our intention (as always) that she is in before dark, but she's impossible to catch, just runs off and things you're playing.
Old Aug 19th 2005, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: I think the cat wants to stay here!

Originally Posted by bridiej
Three nights this week she's not come in until well after dark - last night I have no idea what time it was, way after midnight I know that and she woke me up climbing the roof to get in our window!

Is it really a major problem in WA? It is our intention (as always) that she is in before dark, but she's impossible to catch, just runs off and things you're playing.
When we were in the process of selling our house I'm sure our two cats knew something was going on...We started getting more little 'pressies' in the morning, yeuch!!!!
They also started to be more affectionate than usual...unusual for our tom cats...We really don't appreciate how animals can sense change do we? It made it all the worse for me when I had to give them to a friend when we realised it would be impractiable to take them to Oz with us.
Old Aug 19th 2005, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I think the cat wants to stay here!

I think maybe like all cats, she's just very smart - she is adjusting her body-clock ahead of her arrival here in Australia. You can't leave her, surely ?
Old Aug 19th 2005, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe shes found herself a boyfriend? Hope not, if she's anything like some of the teenagers on here, you'll def have trouble getting her to migrate!!!

Could just be the time of year, there could be a new cat in the neighbourhood she's made friends with, someone else could be feeding her....

Give her a stern talking to....
Old Aug 19th 2005, 7:34 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

My sister in WA has four cats and does not have any problems with them being out all night
Old Aug 19th 2005, 7:38 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hello - gill here

Most people we know in Cairns who have cats, are 'in door' cats, meaning they hardly ever venture out! Due to the climate and other nasties, not just the human kind

We decided to give our three beautiful cats up beccause of this, did not think it was fair to expect them to get used to such intense heat and poisonous creatures. We thought we would never forgive ourselves if they came all this way and died because of some unfortunate meeting with one of the nasties!!

I know what you mean about intuition, our little lady cat, the look on her face was so spiritual - it said, I know why you are doing this, and I understand - if was awesome - cried my eyes out at the time

We know they are happy with their new owners and that means a lot to us.

Take care - give your cat a kiss from us

Gill
Old Aug 19th 2005, 7:39 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

lol......what a naughty puss!!!!
We had a moggy years ago that used to climb up the roof to get into the kitchen window of our flat.....but she got really smart and used to nudge the tap to turn the water on to get a drink.

wasnt a problem until i left the plug in one night, and she caused a couple of grand's worth of water damage due to flooding the flat out!!!!!

cats, who'd ave em!!????

sue
Old Aug 19th 2005, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
cats, who'd ave em!!????

sue

ahem!!! :scared: ....Gasp!
Old Aug 19th 2005, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
My sister in WA has four cats and does not have any problems with them being out all night
Phew, that's good to know! As I said, we have every intention of her being in at night, as she (usually!) is here but just in case...

Nah, we wont leave her behind, just Malc was a bit p'd off as we had to have the bedroom window wide open for her to get in. I'm surprised I didnt get bitten to death by the Mossies!
Old Aug 19th 2005, 7:54 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

I think cats do 'sense' it when things are going on - I know my four do! So perhaps she's feeling unsettled by the 'vibes' she's picking up from you at the moment. This sounds mad, I know, but I do believe they pick up on how we're feeling!

I wouldn't worry too much - one of mine is also a little bugger to get in at night, but there is no way I'm leaving him behind when we go. I'll just have to make sure I shut him in earlier in the evening!

Nicky
Old Aug 19th 2005, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
I think cats do 'sense' it when things are going on - I know my four do! So perhaps she's feeling unsettled by the 'vibes' she's picking up from you at the moment. This sounds mad, I know, but I do believe they pick up on how we're feeling!

I wouldn't worry too much - one of mine is also a little bugger to get in at night, but there is no way I'm leaving him behind when we go. I'll just have to make sure I shut him in earlier in the evening!

Nicky
You may be right...... she thinks she's sleeping in this morning - I think not!!!
Old Aug 19th 2005, 8:06 am
BLC

Defo getting your vibes, out cat is spot on everytime with any subtle changes that are happening, your puss be cool when she gets there

B

Old Aug 19th 2005, 8:08 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

You may be right...... she thinks she's sleeping in this morning - I think not!!!
LOL! That's what I do to mine - Bertie, the little bugger, runs around the house all night and wakes us up, but he completely flakes out for most of the day.....so now that I'm at home, I go and wake him up every so often. He actually has a 'grumble meow' that he does when I wake him, bless him!

Nicky
Old Aug 19th 2005, 8:18 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

One of my sister's cats likes to terrorise the dogs by bringing a live snake into the house and leaving it in front of the dogs then walks out!!! My poor sister has to get them out with a broom and shovel.
Old Aug 19th 2005, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
One of my sister's cats likes to terrorise the dogs by bringing a live snake into the house and leaving it in front of the dogs then walks out!!! My poor sister has to get them out with a broom and shovel.

Yeah, thanks Anne! :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.