Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I.T. salaries - what to expect

I.T. salaries - what to expect

Old Jul 7th 2004, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute
Default I.T. salaries - what to expect

Here is the latest update from the Australian Computer Society:

http://www.apesma.asn.au/surveys/acs...mmary_2003.pdf

Hubby says the feeling around work now is that things are picking up in the I.T. field. Some of the engineers that have been looking for work elsewhere for ages, are suddenly being offered interviews from all directions. An agency rang hubby yesterday with details of a job (he's not looking, having just been promoted, but is still on their books) and she gave the impression that the I.T. market is more favourable again.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 7:39 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice
Default Re: I.T. salaries - what to expect

i had an agency call me about a month ago about a good vacancy here in brisbane. i haven't been in touch with this agency for over 2 years, so i'd say things are looking much brighter in the tech industries

Originally posted by Jacqui

Hubby says the feeling around work now is that things are picking up in the I.T. field. Some of the engineers that have been looking for work elsewhere for ages, are suddenly being offered interviews from all directions. An agency rang hubby yesterday with details of a job (he's not looking, having just been promoted, but is still on their books) and she gave the impression that the I.T. market is more favourable again.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I.T. salaries - what to expect

Originally posted by Jacqui

Seems like COBOL is the way to go !!