Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I.T jobs in Sydney?

I.T jobs in Sydney?

Old Apr 18th 2004, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road
Default I.T jobs in Sydney?

my boyfriend and i are hoping to emmigrate to Oz next year. i am a teacher and he works in I.T (programming and web design.)

Are there many jobs in these areas in Sydney. I work in Secondary, have worked with special needs(behaviour) and would do primary.

my boyfriend wants to work in I.T still, are there many jobs in thsi area?
cheers for any help.
Old Apr 18th 2004, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I.T jobs in Sydney?

Originally posted by threlly
my boyfriend and i are hoping to emmigrate to Oz next year. i am a teacher and he works in I.T (programming and web design.)

Are there many jobs in these areas in Sydney. I work in Secondary, have worked with special needs(behaviour) and would do primary.

my boyfriend wants to work in I.T still, are there many jobs in thsi area?
cheers for any help.
In Sydney demand has improved, in certain areas of IT, since September '03. Job sites to check out include:

Seek
Jobnet
Old Apr 19th 2004, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

kevmitch is on a distinguished road

There are a large number of temp roles around at the moment - and everyone's saying the corner's been turned in IT, so its positive and likely to get better.

One thing is apparent, the days of the highly paid contractor appear to have gone (for the moment at least). Most of the growth is coming from 'in house' jobs.

Kev