Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I.T. Jobs Sunshine Coast

I.T. Jobs Sunshine Coast

Old May 12th 2010, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Phil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the rough
Post I.T. Jobs Sunshine Coast

Hi Everyone,

We are looking to head to the Mountain Creek area in about 10 months from now & I would like to try and get some contacts with anyone in the I.T. trade that could help me with some points. I am currently self employed running a small business repairing systems & looking after small office networks etc.

If anyone feels they can help or has some advice it would be a great.

All the Best
Phil
Old May 12th 2010, 10:16 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I.T. Jobs Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by Phil K
Hi Everyone,

We are looking to head to the Mountain Creek area in about 10 months from now & I would like to try and get some contacts with anyone in the I.T. trade that could help me with some points. I am currently self employed running a small business repairing systems & looking after small office networks etc.

All the Best
Phil
Don't want to sound negative but if your in I.T. the sunshine coast is not the best.
If it had good job prospects we would all be living there
Old May 12th 2010, 10:27 pm
Banned

aussie_best has a spectacular aura aboutaussie_best has a spectacular aura aboutaussie_best has a spectacular aura about
Question Re: I.T. Jobs Sunshine Coast

Hi Everyone,

All the Best
Phil
Only sydney, then melbourne for technology and IT
Old May 13th 2010, 12:09 am
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of

There are IT jobs in most states, but you have to look harder in some states and the rates of pay can be less.
Old May 13th 2010, 1:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussie_best
Don't agree. Less jobs but also less applicants in other states. Sunshine Coast is tough due to high unemployment and corporate IT Professional jobs may be hard to come by there - but the OP is talking PC repairs and small network maintenance. Might be the sort of job you could get some demand for on the Sunshine Coast.

Last edited by fish.01; May 13th 2010 at 1:41 am.
Old May 13th 2010, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Phil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the rough

Many Thanks for everyones reply,

I am looking to get a job that would initially give me around 40k so is that reasonable for a location like Mountain Creek? I know there are higher paid positions in Sydney & Melbourne but would it be possible to commute to Brisbane from the Sunshine Coast?

Thanks again
Phil
Old May 14th 2010, 12:22 am
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of

I am looking to get a job that would initially give me around 40k
Abbott said on the radio this morning that families earning less than $100k were Australia's new poor.
Old May 14th 2010, 3:45 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

I am looking to get a job that would initially give me around 40k so is that reasonable for a location like Mountain Creek? I know there are higher paid positions in Sydney & Melbourne but would it be possible to commute to Brisbane from the Sunshine Coast?

Thanks again
Phil
There are franchises and local small businesses the same as you describe - look at Jim's computer repair or Geek something or other on google. There are those that serve small businesses and home users who need help. You could also google for the IBM Resellers/HP Resellers etc and ping them .

You should have just as much chance here as you do in UK self employed -there are zillions of small businesses (hotels, builders, tradesmen etc) around sunshines coast. Obviously there are more in brisbane becuase its a bigger population.
Old May 14th 2010, 4:18 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussie_best
Ah, that would explain why I'm a glorified receptionist not the Software Developer that was advertised.

I'll pack me bags forthwith.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 1:20 pm
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again
Phil
hmm agree with one other poster that SC is competitive and not the same type of jobs as in the cities i.e. if you are into the repairs etc theres quite a few small business around that you could check out. just use yellow.com.au and search. ...also for IT jobs some of the main employers will be the council and the university at sippy downs, but again depends on the competition and what you have to offer the employer....then theres computer retails hops like joyce mayne and harvey norman who probabloy employ computer techs as well as sales - but i know they are pretty low pay and on commission, the guy who sold me a laptop was pretty desparate to move on - $40k is not too shabby but its about 600 or 700 per week, so depends on yer outgoings i suppose...yes you could do brissie commute but its about an hour and half average....hmmm lots to consider, let me know if you have q's,

J
Old Jun 6th 2010, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of

Hi Everyone,

All the Best
Phil
Hi Phil, I too am going to Sunshine Coast in a similar field, might be able to help as my OH`s Father is head of ICT at a university there. Cant promise anything but If you have a CV, get it to me and i`ll make sure he gets it, at
worst he knows a lot of people.

Cheers
Old Jun 6th 2010, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of

Thanks again
Phil
Brissy is about an hour on the train so I am told ...
Old Jun 7th 2010, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: I.T. Jobs Sunshine Coast

Hi Jimmyboy,
Thats very kind of you & I will PM you my CV when back home as I am away on a short holiday at the moment. Have you been out to the Sunshine Coast before?

all the best
Phil
Old Jun 7th 2010, 9:20 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jimmyboy,
Thats very kind of you & I will PM you my CV when back home as I am away on a short holiday at the moment. Have you been out to the Sunshine Coast before?

all the best
Phil
there is a guy asking for people in brisbane in the jobs forum section
Old Jun 7th 2010, 1:04 pm
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks again
Phil
Good luck living off 40K/year on the sunny coast.

Commuting is a personal thing... Do you like to drive 180km round trip each day surrounded by the worst drivers in the developed world?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.