I.T jobs Perth

Old Aug 19th 2009, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

aqualiv will become famous soon enough
Default I.T jobs Perth

I'm a bit dissapointed at the moment as we were hoping to move to Perth but after looking at the I.T jobs there at the moment there seems to be very little around. There seems to be more over the east coast. Anyone know different?

Olivia
Old Aug 19th 2009, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

aqualiv will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I.T jobs Perth

What makes it more confusing is computing professionals are on their skilled sponsored list
Old Aug 19th 2009, 3:14 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aqualiv
What makes it more confusing is computing professionals are on their skilled sponsored list
Yes you are right...WA is really not good for IT professionals...Sydeny and Melbourne are dream destinations for IT professionals...

Anyways..try to secure a job before you landup in perth...I know its difficult to secure a job staying offshore..but still try hard..

good luck
Old Aug 19th 2009, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

live2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nice

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
Yes you are right...WA is really not good for IT professionals...Sydeny and Melbourne are dream destinations for IT professionals...

Anyways..try to secure a job before you landup in perth...I know its difficult to secure a job staying offshore..but still try hard..

good luck
Thats a good advice aman_sharma2k1 but did you try yourself to secure a job in Melbourne or Sydney?
Old Aug 19th 2009, 6:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by live2learn
Thats a good advice aman_sharma2k1 but did you try yourself to secure a job in Melbourne or Sydney?
Yes..I tried..but no response...only 2-3 response and they also said local candidates are avaiable to join anytime..so they not entertaining any offshore candidate...

I am a SAP BI consultant..looks like SAP is worst hit in this recession because of the cost of the projects...90% of the companies have postphoned their SAP implementations...so I need to sit tight in India...coz I have stable job here and wait for right time..to land in great Ozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old Aug 19th 2009, 6:53 pm
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
Yes..I tried..but no response...only 2-3 response and they also said local candidates are avaiable to join anytime..so they not entertaining any offshore candidate...

I am a SAP BI consultant..looks like SAP is worst hit in this recession because of the cost of the projects...90% of the companies have postphoned their SAP implementations...so I need to sit tight in India...coz I have stable job here and wait for right time..to land in great Ozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Now, that is indeed a far more accurate statement than your earlier one when you stated...."Sydney and Melbourne are dream destinations for IT professionals"
Old Aug 20th 2009, 2:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DownUnderPaddy
Now, that is indeed a far more accurate statement than your earlier one when you stated...."Sydney and Melbourne are dream destinations for IT professionals"
Old Aug 20th 2009, 4:59 am
Just Joined

ExpatJobGroup is an unknown quantity at this point

It is true.

I used to be IT recruiter here.

Not much choice and very limited, Much bigger choice over East
Old Aug 20th 2009, 5:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by aqualiv
The list is for the whole country, not specific to individual states
Old Aug 20th 2009, 5:20 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ExpatJobGroup
The list is for the whole country, not specific to individual states
No ... WA has computing professional in their skilled migration list also...
Old Aug 20th 2009, 5:29 am
Just Joined

Thanks....... that shows how crap those lists are.

Some IT people are always in demand but not many.

They are always looking for SAP people, Java people etc with 5 yrs plus exp
Old Aug 20th 2009, 5:59 am
Account Closed

Not sure about Java..but SAP is worst hit.. reason behind is the COST of the SAP project..It cost Millions of dollars...to implement good SAP project...

Anyways...let's see....so do you have any opening for SAP BI/BW guys ...
Old Aug 20th 2009, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

live2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nice

Guys Guys guys... Just LEARN more Skills!!

Don't just rely on SAP or Java etc, something that you already know.

More Skills = More Opportunities!

Try to get your hand on all areas, if not full, at least get the working knowledge of new skills.

Learning is the beginning of wealth and key to everything!!

Thats why my name is 'Live2Learn'

Cheers!

Please add to my Karma if you liked my post, (link at the bottom left of my post)

`

Last edited by live2learn; Aug 20th 2009 at 7:00 am.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

People with a lot of experience and a strong track record will not find it very hard to find a job here at the moment - quality people are ALWAYS in demand. Many IT jobs in WA are filled by word of mouth or referral. I know my employer is looking for people at the moment with plenty of experience and is prepared to pay for it.

However the chances of being offered an IT job if you are not here RIGHT NOW are very low at the moment.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by live2learn
Guys Guys guys... Just LEARN more Skills!!

Don't just rely on SAP or Java etc, something that you already know.

`
Very sane comment. Those who depend on just a product like Sap or Siebel are living on the edge. That product may be killed by competition, changing paradigms, etc in 5-10 yrs. The only way to thrive in the field of IT is to re-invent yourself. Don't marry a product or a narrow technology. Open up your reach.

Look at me - In my job,I do the work of an IT administrator (AD, Exchange), SQL developer, .NET developer (web, winforms), business implementor (Dyamics, sharepoint), UI designer (silverlight, flash, photoshop,etc).. you name it. But I still feel, I'm incomplete and want to learn more.. . so grow horizontally rather than vertically

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.