British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   i swear im not blonde (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/i-swear-im-not-blonde-260862/)

sunny side up Oct 18th 2004 8:43 pm

i swear im not blonde

but how the f#@$ does this karma work????

tried to send someone some on saturday and i got this pop-up window saying that i had to spread some reputation first....tried again today and i could karma as much as i wanted....

confused!!!!!

help!!!

tan :confused:

Cheeky Oct 18th 2004 9:17 pm

Re: i swear im not blonde

Hi tan,

Well, if it helps I aint no blonde either but it :confused: the hell out of me too!! :D

Basically, as I understand it, you cant give karma to the same people straight away...............ya gotta spread it about a bit first, yer know to other members!!

Dont ask me why?? Wonder if its cos they dont want you to OD yer mates on the stuff!! :eek: Not that you would of course!! :rolleyes:

Hope this helps,
Cheeky

Ps Karma sent!!

Deadmeat Oct 18th 2004 9:27 pm

Hiya,

Feel free to wander along to "The Lounge" at some point (bring a weapon and a sense of humour!), plenty of karma related discussions going on there, usually of the shameless begging variety :)

You get so many nominations per 24 hours (3?) and you have to "spread it about a bit" ... this prevents people just nominating each other every day.

Each nomination adds a number of points to the recipients total ... the more karma points you have, the more they will get.

Each time you send some karma you can "sign it" with your name so the recipient knows where it came from.

Whether this is all a good idea is another debate. My view is there is too much talk of karma and not enough of interesting stuff AND it makes it look like there is an "elite" band of posters when, in fact, everyone should be only as good as their last post ...

But, I'm cynical and, hell, it's only a game :)

Cheers,
Matt

kath n kim Oct 19th 2004 7:39 am

Originally Posted by sunny side up

tried to send someone some on saturday and i got this pop-up window saying that i had to spread some reputation first....tried again today and i could karma as much as i wanted....

confused!!!!!

help!!!

Thank-God it's not just me then.............................. :confused: !

Boomerang Oct 19th 2004 7:52 am

Where's Don the Karma master :confused:

:D ;)

teach Oct 19th 2004 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by sunny side up

confused!!!!!

help!!!

Yeah, not just me then!! I thought it was because I'm blonde, lol.

Sarah