Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

And I still love it here......

And I still love it here......

Old Sep 14th 2003, 12:03 pm
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point
Default And I still love it here......

I know we pretty much exhausted the subject of weather photos a couple of months ago but I had to post this.

This was taken this afternoon (Sunday 14th) in Rundle St Mall in the centre of Adelaide.

Remember that SA is 'The hottest driest state in the hottest driest continent in the world'!

Yes those are hailstomes the size of your fingernail

Still having a great time though

Perry
Attached Thumbnails And I still love it here......-rundle.jpg  
Old Sep 14th 2003, 12:26 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And I still love it here......

Originally posted by kentcoast
I know we pretty much exhausted the subject of weather photos a couple of months ago but I had to post this.

This was taken this afternoon (Sunday 14th) in Rundle St Mall in the centre of Adelaide.

Remember that SA is 'The hottest driest state in the hottest driest continent in the world'!

Yes those are hailstomes the size of your fingernail

Still having a great time though

Perry
Yes perry been an unusual day ,we copped those about 2pm ,but not as big ,thank goodness otherwise they pile up on the shade cloth and can collapse you pergolas :scared: ........ MM
Old Sep 14th 2003, 12:48 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

ouch! they would hurt!
Glad to see that you are still enjoying it, keep us updated
Old Sep 14th 2003, 2:21 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hi perry!

whats the weather like now?

sue
Old Sep 14th 2003, 9:14 pm
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Great pic.

Have you made any decisions on where you are thinking of settling?? We are definately going to Adelaide and wouldn't mind an out-of-towner's point of view.

Thanks

Sally and family
Old Sep 15th 2003, 9:37 am
We arrived november 2004

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
hi perry!

whats the weather like now?

sue
Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier.... not spending a lot of time online at the moment. We've been here a couple of weeks now and it's rained just about every day - if this was just a holiday I'd be less than happy! But, the point is that it's needed badly here so looking at the longer view I guess we should welcome it.

Went up to the Yorke area today - not really a practical place to emigrate to (unless you're a builder or other trade) but really nice and clearly a growth area.

Perry
Old Sep 15th 2003, 9:51 am
We arrived november 2004

Originally posted by sally1968
Great pic.

Have you made any decisions on where you are thinking of settling?? We are definately going to Adelaide and wouldn't mind an out-of-towner's point of view.

Thanks

Sally and family
Hi Sally,

Watch for a 'postcard from Adelaide' posting soonish but in the meantime, Like you we've always felt that Adelaide was probably the place for us - this trip (Despite the weather) has confirmed it. Although I was born and brought up in London I'm not a townie by nature and we've fallen for the hills in a big way. If you take a map of the area and mark an area with corners at Belair, Houghton, Cudlee creek and Mt Barker then you'll have an idea of what's currently in our target area. The only downside of course is the bushfire risk......

Perry