Wikiposts

I Quit

Old Jul 13th 2004, 6:27 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Or phone your local paper & ask for a job as an investigative journalist Maggy.

Then rip into the place.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 6:33 am
maggy

Thanks mates

think im gonna seriously look into going it alone.

If you are going to work in child care and want to make a difference NOT JUST MONEY.

Then it looks like im going to have to do alot of research and do my best to start a legit business.

Its gonna take a while and im gonna have to wait until i have the finances but in the mean time im gonna be checking out those shifty buggers who pass themselves off as legit child care centres and shop them to the local Social Work dept.

Wish me luck

Im gonna be a very unpopular child care worker to all those people managing Child Care Centres around Perth.

Mags

Old Jul 13th 2004, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

You go girl, report them. If it really is that bad all over WA, then lots of complaints will help things to change. Better that then an "incident". It sounds well and truly mad.
I've heard that there's a real shortage of child care places full-stop, so you will get plenty of business if you set up yourself.
Let us know how you get on.
Larissa
Old Jul 13th 2004, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Mags I'm horrified by all I've read ! I hope this was a one off - you did the right thing by leaving, if you do go for interviews for work in a child care centre in the future ask to see their procedures, routines, qualifications etc. Remember that in an interview you should be given time to ask the employer questions!
good luck with the job hunting.
H
Old Jul 13th 2004, 9:30 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Mags,

I can't believe it. I'm with everyone else on this one though, I think you need to report it either in person or anomously if you feel its easier. I don't have children at the moment, but I'd hate to think of them going to a place like that when I do

Good for you for quitting though - I think this was an occassion where a 'one day wonder' is well justified
Old Jul 13th 2004, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Maggy, I too work in childcare & what you describe sounds horrific. However I want to reassure you all that not all childcare centres in Perth are like this! I work for an organisation where we have so many policies, rules & regs it's not funny. Having worked in the UK though I must admit there are some areas where regs are stricter in the UK, but our kids are looked after well and have FUN!

Loopy off to the mad house with all the kids on holidays!
Old Jul 13th 2004, 2:00 pm
maggy

Originally posted by Loopy
Maggy, I too work in childcare & what you describe sounds horrific. However I want to reassure you all that not all childcare centres in Perth are like this! I work for an organisation where we have so many policies, rules & regs it's not funny. Having worked in the UK though I must admit there are some areas where regs are stricter in the UK, but our kids are looked after well and have FUN!

Loopy off to the mad house with all the kids on holidays!

Thanks loopy thats reassuring to know.

Lets hope this was a one off.

Mags

Old Jul 13th 2004, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Maggy,

Where exactly in Perth is this shady Child Care Centre.?

Muzza
Old Jul 13th 2004, 2:18 pm
maggy

Originally posted by Muzza04
Maggy,

Where exactly in Perth is this shady Child Care Centre.?

Muzza

Have sent you PM

Old Jul 13th 2004, 2:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Report the centre, I though things might have changed a bit didnt australia just bring in a blue card of clearance for all people working with kids, or is this not all states?

For those looking for childcare start with the Council run centres hard to get into but they DO have some rules and regualtions. My experience 3 years ago with a private centre left me concerned to say the least but not as bad as above, we pulled our little one out and could only find a registered childcare minder, this woman was evil, my son just three would make himself vomit rather than go, and the final straw was when as I left I could hear him running his finger nails down the womans front door to get out, I did complain and but she is still a childminder. Attempt 3 was the council centre and he was very happy there.