Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I never realised

I never realised

Old Nov 30th 2004, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

caz41 will become famous soon enough
Post I never realised

how hard this would be, we are counting down the final two weeks, with everyday a sad goodbye to people you have known all your life, most people are happy for you and although will miss you, wish you well in your new life, but it is so difficult when others, and I am not sure if they mean it, almost want you to fail, and at every opportunity find something negative to say. How do other people cope with this, is it normal to have all these last minute doubts, when all you have ever wanted and worked hard to get is about to happen, I suppose you always think are we doing the right thing, will the children be okay, will I be okay? Anyway enough, lots of packing to do, and I think positive thoughts needed.

Caz
Old Nov 30th 2004, 11:20 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice
Default Re: I never realised

Originally Posted by caz41
how hard this would be, we are counting down the final two weeks, with everyday a sad goodbye to people you have known all your life, most people are happy for you and although will miss you, wish you well in your new life, but it is so difficult when others, and I am not sure if they mean it, almost want you to fail, and at every opportunity find something negative to say. How do other people cope with this, is it normal to have all these last minute doubts, when all you have ever wanted and worked hard to get is about to happen, I suppose you always think are we doing the right thing, will the children be okay, will I be okay? Anyway enough, lots of packing to do, and I think positive thoughts needed.

Caz
Hi Caz
I wouldnt worry about the negative people, they are probably jealous that you have the bollox to start a new life....you will be fine once you get here, the minute that plane takes off you will probably cry and say goodbye to the country that you grew up in but you are coming to a better place, for you and your family...
Whereabouts are you headed in Melbourne?
Old Nov 30th 2004, 11:28 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

It is a time of mixed emotions. You will also be surprised at how many don't reply to your emails once you get to Oz.

Remember that it's a new adventure; that always made it easier for me.

Best Wishes
Alistair
Old Nov 30th 2004, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by johanne
Hi Caz
I wouldnt worry about the negative people, they are probably jealous that you have the bollox to start a new life....you will be fine once you get here, the minute that plane takes off you will probably cry and say goodbye to the country that you grew up in but you are coming to a better place, for you and your family...
Whereabouts are you headed in Melbourne?
Hi Johanne

we are staying in the CBD for the first 4 weeks and then, who knows like the look of Eltham, or Ferntree Gully and even a bit further out Emerald etc, but at the moment it is hard to concentrate, and think about that, I am usually a quite positive person, but all this has completely thrown me, I know in my heart of hearts doing the right thing, only one life and all that, but it is all the emotional goodbyes, not easy at all, but don't get we wrong am so excited, but almost wish we were going tomorrow and this bit had ended.

Caz
Old Nov 30th 2004, 11:37 am
Just Joined

misspiggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: I never realised

Caz
I totally know how you feel, we will be leaving england for the second time next may, having made an insuccessful attempt in 2003. My mother phoned the airport on our way out of the UK and begged me not to go!!!!
It made me so poorley, i was a mess. I really think that it contributed to our failure, even though the main part was money. My huband and i have never had a lot of money and we only had what we saved, we lost everything but we are on the road to oz again!! We are borrowing this time. Thats how much we want it, if you want it that baqd, these things will phase you but they will not stop you, its what life is all obout its living your dream, and if you dont you will always ask yourself WHAT IF, you can always go home, its just a flight away.

Best of Luck for your future
Old Nov 30th 2004, 11:39 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Caz
Hi Caz,

I really don't know how I'll cope when I'm at the stage you are right now. Probably exactly the same. Doubts as whether we're doing the right thing, how will the boys get on (at the moment youngest son passed is 11+ exams yesterday so he'll be going to Challenors Boys Grammer School in Amersham, one of the top schools in the country. Although we were estatic when we opened his envelope it was tinged with guilt because he'll be lucky to get 3 months there before we move - will he get the same standard of education in Melbourne as he would at Challenors?, have we taken an excellent opportunity away from him by moving? There are more doubts that I could go into, but so could others in the position you are in now. I think it only natural to have doubts that you are doing the right thing, but if we all listened to our doubts, we'd never leave the house in the morning!!!

I know this isn't going to help you much but I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone and I'm looking forward to a tour of Cockatoo (if that's were you are still heading) in March!!! Just hang in there and think about all the plans you've made for your new life.

D D
Old Nov 30th 2004, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by misspiggy
I totally know how you feel, we will be leaving england for the second time next may, having made an insuccessful attempt in 2003. My mother phoned the airport on our way out of the UK and begged me not to go!!!!
It made me so poorley, i was a mess. I really think that it contributed to our failure, even though the main part was money. My huband and i have never had a lot of money and we only had what we saved, we lost everything but we are on the road to oz again!! We are borrowing this time. Thats how much we want it, if you want it that baqd, these things will phase you but they will not stop you, its what life is all obout its living your dream, and if you dont you will always ask yourself WHAT IF, you can always go home, its just a flight away.

Best of Luck for your future
Hi miss Piggy

thanks for your words of encouragement, I admire you having another go, and sometimes you have to work harder at what you want, and maybe the first attempt wasn't the right time for you. where are you heading for, is it the same as last time?

caz
Old Nov 30th 2004, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Hi Caz,

I really don't know how I'll cope when I'm at the stage you are right now. Probably exactly the same. Doubts as whether we're doing the right thing, how will the boys get on (at the moment youngest son passed is 11+ exams yesterday so he'll be going to Challenors Boys Grammer School in Amersham, one of the top schools in the country. Although we were estatic when we opened his envelope it was tinged with guilt because he'll be lucky to get 3 months there before we move - will he get the same standard of education in Melbourne as he would at Challenors?, have we taken an excellent opportunity away from him by moving? There are more doubts that I could go into, but so could others in the position you are in now. I think it only natural to have doubts that you are doing the right thing, but if we all listened to our doubts, we'd never leave the house in the morning!!!

I know this isn't going to help you much but I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone and I'm looking forward to a tour of Cockatoo (if that's were you are still heading) in March!!! Just hang in there and think about all the plans you've made for your new life.

D D
Hi DD

you will have me crying again!! thanks for that, my eldest is dyspraxic, and I worry so much for him, especially having to start a new school, I think the other two will be fine, and they are really excited, but my oldest, changes by the hour, although that could be because he is 13, from wanting to go to saying he doesnt. I feel for him because I know how hard it is to leave friends that I have know for ever and who you feel comfortable with, but I do believe, and perhaps it is not coming across now, as having a bit of a down day, hence the post, we are doing the right thing for our family, and yes I would love to give you that tour of cockatoo.

Caz
Old Nov 30th 2004, 12:10 pm
Monster Cat

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
It is a time of mixed emotions. You will also be surprised at how many don't reply to your emails once you get to Oz.

Best Wishes
Alistair
How true! Months on, hardly a word and when there is, things are difficult and it's like pulling teeth! Thought we both had close knit families..... But I'll tell you what, so glad we know how we really stand! Onwards and upwards!
We've made a decision so sod them

Old Nov 30th 2004, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kirsty&al

Remember that it's a new adventure; that always made it easier for me.

Best Wishes
Alistair
Hi Alistair,

We are finding one family member in particular, who is making the process even harder, who suddenly realises they will miss us, but didn't usually have the time for us when it mattered, but even so it would be nice to have their good wished instead of sarcastic remarks, and we are all as a family strong and trying to concentrate on the new adventure.

thanks

Caz

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Monster Cat
How true! Months on, hardly a word and when there is, things are difficult and it's like pulling teeth! Thought we both had close knit families..... But I'll tell you what, so glad we know how we really stand! Onwards and upwards!
Fortunately for me, my family is okay, it's the friends that came as a surprise.

I guess it'll save the cost of stamps when I cull the Xmas card list.

Cheers
Alistair
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It's wierd, but it works the other way as well. Some friends moved out about four years ago. They have come back to visit twice cos his father became ill with cancer and subsequently died. When they have come back they have visited everyone but as soon as they have gone home again, it is like getting blood out of a stone to get them to keep in touch. I can only think that if they feel that if they stay in touch they will be too homesick. But it's a real shame because we would love to know about their lives, children, etc etc.
Old Nov 30th 2004, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

hard at christmas though. I understand why people are hurting, and everybody reacts in different ways, but this particular member of the family, had a failed attempt at a new life in Spain, and as it went wrong for them, seems to think or even maybe hope it will go wrong for us, and thats when the doubts surface. But I know this is what we want, and as so many people say on here, you cannot spend your life thinking what if.

Caz
Old Nov 30th 2004, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Caz
Caz
What can I say except been there done that - got the T shirt to prove it
Dont worry you will be fine. You are now going through the worst part of this emigration lark. Once you are on the plane you will breath a sigh of relief.
Now go and get on with your packing and eat as many cadburys roses as you can as they dont taste the same here
Old Nov 30th 2004, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by debsy
Caz
What can I say except been there done that - got the T shirt to prove it
Dont worry you will be fine. You are now going through the worst part of this emigration lark. Once you are on the plane you will breath a sigh of relief.
Now go and get on with your packing and eat as many cadburys roses as you can as they dont taste the same here
Hi Debs,

thanks for that, I think the way to do this is to treat myself to those chocs and perhaps a few glasses of something to wash them down.

Caz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.