Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I need your help those who have cruised the great barrier reef- quickly thanks

I need your help those who have cruised the great barrier reef- quickly thanks

Old Sep 23rd 2004, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default I need your help those who have cruised the great barrier reef- quickly thanks

Hi Guys,

I am off to cairns for 5 nights in a couple of weeks and want to get on a four or three night cruise around the stunning part of the reef, can anyone recommend one for me please ?

Old Sep 23rd 2004, 9:57 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: I need your help those who have cruised the great barrier reef- quickly thanks

Originally Posted by Carrianne
Hi Guys,

I am off to cairns for 5 nights in a couple of weeks and want to get on a four or three night cruise around the stunning part of the reef, can anyone recommend one for me please ?

Hi Carrianne,

Did you want to dive or anything off this cruise, or just sail around? The main thing is that you get to go to the outter reef, some of the Cays (the beginning of an island) are nice to get to also.

www.passionsofparadise.com are a one day trip I have done and would recommend. I know you want longer, but you might get an idea about the cays, outter reef from this.

If you're wanting to learn to dive, then I would recommend prodive.com.au, I used them in Airlie Beach and they were very good
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I need your help those who have cruised the great barrier reef- quickly thanks

Hi babes,

No just a lazy cruise with the occasional snorkel etc stopping at islands !

Thanks

C x
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 10:22 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Hi babes,

Thanks

C x

Sounds good to me... mind if I join ya
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 10:52 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi babes,

Thanks

C x
Hi Carrianne,

You'll love the Great Barrier Reef but only if you get in the water and do a bit of snorkling like you said. When I snorkled there, I found the number and variety of fish absolutely mind-boggling! Everything from tiny little stripy humbugs swimming around my face mask, to three foot long giant electric blue wrasses. The reef really is stunningly beautiful. If you fancy a bit of diving then you'll be able to get up close and personal with the reef itself. I didn't because I'm a hopeless swimmer, but one day maybe....

Have a great time!

Tony.
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks all.

If anyone can recommend a nice 3 night cruise it would be appreciated.

Thanks

C x
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 11:18 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Carrianne,

This was a recent thread on Cairns and the reef which may have some useful info for you.....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=barrier+reef
Old Sep 24th 2004, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

thanks
Old Sep 24th 2004, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Hi Carrianne,

Did you want to dive or anything off this cruise, or just sail around? The main thing is that you get to go to the outter reef, some of the Cays (the beginning of an island) are nice to get to also.

www.passionsofparadise.com are a one day trip I have done and would recommend. I know you want longer, but you might get an idea about the cays, outter reef from this.

If you're wanting to learn to dive, then I would recommend prodive.com.au, I used them in Airlie Beach and they were very good
i used ProDive too (in Cairns) and they were fantatsic. Did a 5 day dive course which included 3 days/nights on the reef. There were non-divers on the boat too, who just snorkelled, but I don't think they paid that much less than those who were diving (since the boat is really aimed for the dive market). But it was fantastically social - I'm still in touch with people I met on the trip and that was 2 years ago.

The underwater world is just amazing....like a whole new world I never realised existed.

Have a fab trip Carianne....sooooo jealous!!!

edited to add that since it was really a dive trip, we didn't stop at any islands, so possibly not what you are looking for.