Reload this Page >

I need your advice

I need your advice

Old Sep 1st 2004, 3:09 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road
Default I need your advice

Hi to you all

I really need some advice at the moment. We have applied for a 139 visa rec'd in Adlaide on the 19th Aug. We are waiting for an acknowledgement.

We have a retail business and house to sell. We were quite happy to wait for the Assurors bond request before we put the house on the market or sold the business, but now things have changed. The guy that manages our shop has been offered a great job, he knows we are hoping to emigrate and will leave us at the end of October. I can cope for a month or so on my own but not much more, so we are getting the ball rolling now to sell the shop.

We put the house on the market yesterday, took the advice from the Forum and told estate agents we had inherited a property and were in no hurry but we could move out whenever. They sent a couple around last night (would you believe it they were from Australia, him from Sydney her from Hobart. I had to laugh she was looking for our Pantry and was surprised at the lack of cupboards for storage ie hoovers etc, I felt really stupid telling her everything goes in our garage) So, Nothing to sell, just the two of us in the chain. Oh My God. They seemed keen. Hubby is saying whoa, this is too fast. We have got our Meds booked for Thurs 9th September, unrequested. PCC sent off last week.

Hubby wants to put the brakes on but I think if they offer we should sell, one less thing to worry about.

But if this all goes belly up, what have I done. Sold off everything.

What do you all think. I don't know what to do now.

We are post July, and a 139 is suppose to be quick. but what If things change.

Oh I forgot, our agent hasn't advised us to have meds done, this is something I have organised myself.

Am I being to pushy with things, I would really love to be out there by Jan 2005.

Thanks for listening

Julia
Old Sep 1st 2004, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I need your advice

I wish you all the best, I wish I could give you some good advice but we just followed the advise of our agent as to regards our visa so I don't really have much of a clue about it all. I thought that once you had reached a certain stage of the process that you were told to get a medical and police checks done by DIMIA, and they give you a time scale to get it done. Maybe I am wrong.

As for selling your house, I can see why your hubby is panicking a bit as it seems to be happening so fast, but at the same time we had our house on the market for a long time before we received an offer, and it got to the point where we had the visas but couldn't move out there 'cus the house was still on the market, which is a very frustrating situation to be in. Fingers crossed we have received an offer now, and hopefully the sale will go through in september. I believe that after a certain time in the year the property market slows down, and is very slow in winter, so maybe it would be best to sell up now from that point of view if you are keen to be out for january.

That was quite a long post, I hope some of my ramble was helpfull.
Good luck
From Katie
Old Sep 1st 2004, 6:39 pm
Carramar Perth

[QUOTE=KatieStar]I wish you all the best, I wish I could give you some good advice but we just followed the advise of our agent as to regards our visa so I don't really have much of a clue about it all. I thought that once you had reached a certain stage of the process that you were told to get a medical and police checks done by DIMIA, and they give you a time scale to get it done. Maybe I am wrong.

Thanks Katie

The reason I have booked the meds early rather than waiting for the DIMIA to request them , is that I figured that would probably now be the only reason to stop us getting our visa, ie if something showed up on the meds that we didn't know about. I felt once we knew the meds were ok, we could be 95% sure that the visa would follow, and be more confident in the sale of the house and business.

At the moment it appears Post July applicants are being asked for Meds & PCC with acknowledgement, I thought if we had them done and asked the Doctor to hold onto them until we get a reference No, at least that would put our minds at rest about being turned down for the Visa, if you know what I mean, now I am rambling.

Its purely because our staff member has accepted another job that I feel we have to step the pace up a bit.

Good luck with your house sale Katie, fingers crossed for you.

Julia
Old Sep 1st 2004, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

Springo, i would go for it and sell! i think it is one less thing for you to worry about! can see your husband's concern as well though, it all seems to be going very fast for you... excellent news...

what was the advice from the forum about saying you had inherited property and so on. eager to know, as know we are facing prospect of putting house on the market also...

good luck,

honeybob...
Old Sep 1st 2004, 6:59 pm
Carramar Perth

Originally Posted by honeybob
Springo, i would go for it and sell! i think it is one less thing for you to worry about! can see your husband's concern as well though, it all seems to be going very fast for you... excellent news...

what was the advice from the forum about saying you had inherited property and so on. eager to know, as know we are facing prospect of putting house on the market also...

good luck,

honeybob...
Hi honeybob

Just replied to your other posting.

Over the last month or so there was a lot of postings regarding buyers messing people about before exchange and complete, most peoples opinion was not to let the estate agents or buyers know that you are emigrating, once they know that they think they have you by the short and curlys if you know what I mean, more bargaining power.

We told our estate agent that the chain stops with us because we have inherited a house from my Great Aunt. We have had another couple look tonight and they have already sold there property, not sure if they are keen or not, but I thought it would be going slower than this. We put the house on yesterday.

Just would like things to slow up a little bit.

Julia
Old Sep 1st 2004, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

think i'll try that!

we put our house on the market last year, 'sold', after 4 days on the market, to a buyer who gave us our asking price after we dug our heals in! then i pulled out, lost my nerve to go through with the whole application process and leave behind great friends and family... big regret now, although losing my bottle the first time, has made my determination greater this time! and felt really guilty about messing the poor lady about, she actually cried!!! :scared:

thanks for replying to my thread!

honeybob..
Old Sep 1st 2004, 10:10 pm
Carramar Perth

think i'll try that!

we put our house on the market last year, 'sold', after 4 days on the market, to a buyer who gave us our asking price after we dug our heals in! then i pulled out, lost my nerve to go through with the whole application process and leave behind great friends and family... big regret now, although losing my bottle the first time, has made my determination greater this time! and felt really guilty about messing the poor lady about, she actually cried!!! :scared:

thanks for replying to my thread!

honeybob..
After reading your thread and Walla's reply I wish now that I had used the relocating line, because after only 2 days of it being on the market I am already feeling guilty for telling that lie. Never mind I will have to stick to it now.

Hubby and I nearly fell on the floor with our first viewers, they were actually from Austrailia, as we went into the Utility Room (not quite realizing they had an accent, hadn't said too much at this stage) the Oz guy said whos from Oz, we thought he said who is going to Oz. We kinda stutted "I'm sorry" thinking my god we have been caught out already. He then Pointed to our Oz beer stubbies on top of the fridge. Phew big sigh of relief. You see tell lies and you feel that everyone knows you are telling porkys straight away.

Good luck with your story line. But don't let them Estate Agent B****rs know you are emigrating.

Julia
Old Sep 1st 2004, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

dear julia, do not worry re the guilt factor at telling lies to prospective buyers!

that will be the last of my concerns, you sound like a really nice person!

guilt, is telling your then partner, that 5 inches sufficed!

how we laughed all the way to anne summers!

honeybob...
Old Sep 1st 2004, 10:20 pm
Carramar Perth

dear julia, do not worry re the guilt factor at telling lies to prospective buyers!

that will be the last of my concerns, you sound like a really nice person!

guilt, is telling your then partner, that 5 inches sufficed!

how we laughed all the way to anne summers!

honeybob...

LOL

Cheers now that did make me laugh.

Julia
Old Sep 1st 2004, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Springo
LOL

Julia
good!

don't feel guilty julia, maybe have a word with your estate agent and get him to change the story re migrating to say, relocating, as walla suggested! then it's just a little fib, cos you are relocating kind of!!!

honeybob...
Old Sep 1st 2004, 10:26 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Springo
LOL

Julia

Hi Julia....

That really is a tough call to make. Id be tempted to take the money and run. Ive been at my hubby to put the house on the market NOW, but he prefers to wait until after our fact finding trip just to make sure we really like it......Im sure Ill find my first grey hair soon!

Lucy
Old Sep 1st 2004, 10:37 pm
Carramar Perth

good!

don't feel guilty julia, maybe have a word with your estate agent and get him to change the story re migrating to say, relocating, as walla suggested! then it's just a little fib, cos you are relocating kind of!!!

honeybob...
No Honeybob

Can't do that, he thinks we have inherited from Aunty. He He, see how the lies can get confusing.

We have signed with this agent for 6 weeks, if we don't get an offer through them then I will start again with another one and then try the relocating line.

I think I got a good deal with this one, knocked him down to 1%, told him we were an easy sale.

Fingers crossed this is all over with quickly.

Lucy

Yeah I am still trying to pursuade hubby that we should take an offer if it comes, after reading everyones replys to Honeybobs and my thread he thinks now probably is the best time to sell.

Julia