Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I need a webpage done

Wikiposts

I need a webpage done

Old May 28th 2004, 6:30 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ulujain
*shrug* So far you've said a lot without proving why. At least I've tried to back up what I know with reasons.

Prove it. Go on. Prove it that blowing money on SEO's will make your Google rank higher. Want me to link you to Google's page that more or less dismisses that theory? As for Alexa's rank, OMFG, who cares about Alexa? Most people are trying to remove Alexa's tracking cookies from their computers.

Google is the only one that counts.

I searched and found no reason other than it's the commerical TLD for Australia.

If that was law, it'd be challenged and overturned in a heartbeat. Quite a few Australian based companies just go with .com

For which I gave advice.

I get noticed without even trying. I know the way search engine spiders work.

Name them; I'll be only too happy to run whois queries on them.

According to a whois, wavsworld.com was created in December 2003 and has been parked at a webhotel since that date. Did you spell it right?
If you meant wavesworld.com, then that one is in the US and has been owned by the same guy for 4 years. I emailed him and asked him.

Sorry, Timber Floor au, I call BS on nearly everything you've written here. If you are right, I'll say sorry. If not, then oh well.

I never mentioned SEOS, re: submitting via them, i think they are worse than friggin d/g salesman. I mentioned submitting URLS via the most suitable Search Engines.

OneandOne transferred the domain we had 18 months ago. The rights to the site, and content was sold with it to a 3rd party.

In fact i think we are still indexed on some search engines.

WHilst not having a poke at you, my comment what a crock of fuqn Bullshit stands.

The necessity to submit your url/s is very very important, and SOME charge for your site being indexed.

Moreover Overture and a few on the bandwagon are moving purely to cpc and ppc

Creating a site, and NOT submitting it is silly, and for a viable business, plain daft.

Next subject.
Old May 29th 2004, 3:37 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by soapy
WOW!!!!!!
this is mad. a big fight !
the lass just wants help. so settle down now.
i created a wee site for myself. no big deal, just a site about a fishing club. i got some free web space with my isp. shoved on the web,submitted to a few free subbies and hey presto!!!
most search engines pick it up, i think. but im not fussed. i get loads of feedback from other anglers by email.
thats all i wanted from it. took me ages to build it though and i tinker most nights with it. well i did till i moved here.
the problem now is. if i want to tinker with it from here, its gonna cost me? cos i dont get free web space with bigpond.
any help on this would be great. ive managed to work out that i will need to change my url. but hey life a bitch.
looks like im on my own with this then?????
Old May 29th 2004, 3:52 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

on ur own with what?

fishing?
Old May 29th 2004, 3:54 am
WBB

what you using for bait?

Old May 29th 2004, 11:59 am
ABCDiamond

WOW!!!!!!
i created a wee site for myself. no big deal, just a site about a fishing club. i got some free web space with my isp. shoved on the web,submitted to a few free subbies and hey presto!!!
most search engines pick it up, i think. but im not fussed. i get loads of feedback from other anglers by email.
thats all i wanted from it. took me ages to build it though and i tinker most nights with it. well i did till i moved here.
the problem now is. if i want to tinker with it from here, its gonna cost me. cos i dont get free web space with bigpond.
any help on this would be great. ive managed to work out that i will need to change my url. but hey life a bitch.
I assume your original site with the original IP has now gone then ?

Unfortunately Broadband isn't that great for free webspace, they charge an extra $240 py for a 20mb site with 300mb pm data transfer.

Have you considered changing to an IP that gives free web space, or are you tied in to a contract ?

I know that www.tpg.com.au do a free 10mb web space, not that I use them, but my sister is in a fishing club who host their site on it

Old May 29th 2004, 12:09 pm
B3CK5

Couldn't have put it any better myself, jesus christ ! I can help you on that issue, get a hold of dreamweaver, and cuteftp, and you can upload your page, edit it, and upload it back on the net with any of the free webhosts, excite being of of them.

Love fishing myself

WOW!!!!!!
the problem now is. if i want to tinker with it from here, its gonna cost me. cos i dont get free web space with bigpond.

Old May 29th 2004, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Hi guys
Hope you have all had a great weekend. We have had a quiet one just going over all these replies about this website.
Ok this is what we think :
You all seem to know what you are on about, and we havent got a bloomin clue i have to say . So what we thought ( yes we are going to push our friendships here now ) Who will offer to do it for the love of it and to show just how good they are by having their name advertised on a great service being offered by us here in Perth
Ok we may be pushing it a bit i know but hey if you dont ask you dont get do you and in the business world now days you have to pull out all the stops dont you
Joanne
Old May 29th 2004, 8:25 pm
Banned

Originally posted by jopaulss
Hi guys
Hope you have all had a great weekend. We have had a quiet one just going over all these replies about this website.
You all seem to know what you are on about, and we havent got a bloomin clue i have to say . So what we thought ( yes we are going to push our friendships here now ) Who will offer to do it for the love of it and to show just how good they are by having their name advertised on a great service being offered by us here in Perth
Ok we may be pushing it a bit i know but hey if you dont ask you dont get do you and in the business world now days you have to pull out all the stops dont you
Joanne

Whats the name of your venture ? and some other details??
Old May 29th 2004, 8:26 pm
ABCDiamond

Hi guys
Joanne
Joanne
Do you already have a hosting site available ?
and
Do you have most of the information that you wish to use available ? and in what format ?
and
How many pages do you anticipate your site using ?

Old May 29th 2004, 8:42 pm
Banned

Hi guys
Joanne

Heres a taster, im busy but im sure someone else could refine it for you. I have macromedia and html files if you want them

http://www.brisbane-bound.com/perth.html
Old May 29th 2004, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Its called Perth meet and greet. Ok im pretty useless at the moment havent sorted nothing out , no web hosting, havent a clue on design etc. Dont really want more than 5 pages no real reason i expect except the cost involved.
The company that is giving me a little support has designed my logo which is very simple a smilie face, very cute but simple. The business cards have a handshake in the background as in meet and greet. The business is advertised in junes addition of the outbound newspaper in the UK just a small advert. So we thought the web was the way to go in advertising, just obviously certain things have cropped up and left us a bit short ( not naming it but you know dental stuff ) which is a pain when you are just starting to get everything rolling. But hey we will carry on. I will have a go at my own if all else fails :scared: should be fun hey
Oh yeah we pre book accommodation, car hire, meet and greet and transfer to accomm, hand out a info book and a welcome pack and we are then there for ongoing 24 hours a day support. We use local establishments not our own so we are also helping Perth with the tourism market by promoting local establishments etc. We think its a great idea i know some of us do not need this type of service but for others a bit of support is a god send. And of course a smilie face stood waiting for you at Perth airport, Moi
Joanne
Old May 30th 2004, 4:43 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
what you using for bait?

i was thinking of usint the kids. try a bit of shark fishing

abcdiamond
thanx mate, yeh im tied to a 12 monther. i just wish i had asked b4 signin up.
it just means ill need to wait a year b4 i can do anything to it.

b3ck5. its not the same tho. when someone does a search, its not as easy to find with the free hosts?????

joanne, good luck. your a bit of a chancer lol. u dont get if u dont ask

timber, on my own with this?
its fine now, i think ive got all the answers i need now. thanx

soapy
Old May 30th 2004, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Soapy i know
Well i have taken all your great ideas and advice and i am having a go :scared: at doing it myself. Grief it took me about 2 hours to understand the first page. So i will have a go, then report back to you all on how its going. Cheers for all your help and advice, i know alot of you are really busy and have given up your own times to help me, cheers guys
Joanne
Old May 30th 2004, 6:44 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Soapy i know
Well i have taken all your great ideas and advice and i am having a go :scared: at doing it myself. Grief it took me about 2 hours to understand the first page. So i will have a go, then report back to you all on how its going. Cheers for all your help and advice, i know alot of you are really busy and have given up your own times to help me, cheers guys
Joanne
http://www.htmlhelp.com/
http://www.w3schools.com/
Old May 31st 2004, 1:43 am
Master of verbal pish©

Soapy i know
Joanne
hi joanne, dont worry its like that at first. b4 u know it u will be a wizzkid. once u start u might not get the time to come in here lol
good luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.