Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I need something hot!!

I need something hot!!

Old Apr 5th 2006, 1:52 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I need something hot!!

Now I've got your attention can someone help? I'm looking for a couple of heaters for our bedrooms and wondered if anyone can recommend any? Not sure whether to get portable radiators or fan/electric heaters. Anyone got any ideas? Or should I make do with the young stud over the road to keep me warm at night

Thanks, Tracey
Old Apr 5th 2006, 2:32 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need something hot!!

Originally Posted by tracey brien
Now I've got your attention can someone help? I'm looking for a couple of heaters for our bedrooms and wondered if anyone can recommend any? Not sure whether to get portable radiators or fan/electric heaters. Anyone got any ideas? Or should I make do with the young stud over the road to keep me warm at night

Thanks, Tracey

personally i would opt for the young stud over the road to keep me warm

surprised you had to ask really

lol

jan xx
Old Apr 5th 2006, 3:11 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robos
personally i would opt for the young stud over the road to keep me warm

surprised you had to ask really

lol

jan xx
Has he got a spare radiator then
Old Apr 5th 2006, 3:19 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wargod
Has he got a spare radiator then
PMSL!!

That, or whip up a quick chicken vindaloo...that'll certainly warm the cockles

D D
Old Apr 5th 2006, 3:23 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Thanks, Tracey
Definitely the guy over the road! As long as he's not over the hill as well ...
Old Apr 5th 2006, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

daisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nice

Thanks, Tracey
Who needs portable radiators, YIPPEE go with the young stud that will do the trick every time
Old Apr 6th 2006, 4:40 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: I need something hot!!

Thanks, Tracey
I used a portable oil radiator with a programmable timer and thermostat. Get yourself a few of those, and you won't look back.

De'Longhi make an excellent range; I recommend them.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 5:08 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I used a portable oil radiator with a programmable timer and thermostat. Get yourself a few of those, and you won't look back.

I agree the oil filled electric rads are great and safe-ish round children.

Timers defintely are lovely too to come back in the evenings with the place already warm and waking up to heat is a plus in winter. They have the added advantage of being faily easy to move around the place and store away come summer months.

Have a look in your local Retro Vision they have been where we managed the best bargins from.

Cheers
Old Apr 6th 2006, 5:25 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracey

I have an oil filled radiator in Indies room, and one in ours, the boys are hardy and don't complain, but i have a fan hater in the activity room which takes the chill off their bedrooms too, but for the living areas i have to have my big ugly gas blaster, it is fab (if ugly) also a lot more economical than using electric ones.

Cheapest and most fun option is probably the spunky bloke across the road though

Lynn
Old Apr 6th 2006, 5:37 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

Got to agree,we have 3 of Delonghi's range of radiators,take an hour or so to properly heat up but give a lovely warm cosy feeling to a room

In saying that if i were you i think i'd choose the stud across the road

Donna.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 7:02 am
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daisydaydream
Who needs portable radiators, YIPPEE go with the young stud that will do the trick every time
Did somebody call me ?

Nick
Old Apr 6th 2006, 7:45 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nick72
Did somebody call me ?

Nick
...<whispers>.....Nick......your blood pressure..............
Old Apr 6th 2006, 8:56 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nick72
Did somebody call me ?

Nick
If you're as good looking as the guy accross the road, then yes, I did call you, if you're not then I didn't

Thanks for your help guys. It looks like I've been blown out by the guy accross the road, so will have to think of another way to keep warm!
We've got one of those gas heaters that blast out the heat for the lounge/family room, but looking for something to heat the bedrooms. Been looking today at oil filled radiators, will they really warm up a big bedroom or is it better to get the electric fan heaters? What about running costs, would the oil filled rad be cheaper to run than a fan heater?They have an oil filled radiator in Big W for $68, is this reasonable (It's got a timer, 3 heat settings and thermostat) and do you have to top up the oil?

Thanks, Tracey
Old Apr 6th 2006, 1:23 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

If you're as good looking as the guy accross the road, then yes, I did call you, if you're not then I didn't

Thanks for your help guys. It looks like I've been blown out by the guy accross the road, so will have to think of another way to keep warm!
We've got one of those gas heaters that blast out the heat for the lounge/family room, but looking for something to heat the bedrooms. Been looking today at oil filled radiators, will they really warm up a big bedroom or is it better to get the electric fan heaters? What about running costs, would the oil filled rad be cheaper to run than a fan heater?They have an oil filled radiator in Big W for $68, is this reasonable (It's got a timer, 3 heat settings and thermostat) and do you have to top up the oil?

Thanks, Tracey
Tracey

I've got the smallest oil filled ones, out of K-mart they were about $30 each, i only have them on a low setting and they are fine for the bedrooms, so long as your doors aren't gaping open. Running costs.... hmmmmm not sure really, our electric bill was higher than usual, but i think that had more to do with the fan one the kids had on in the activity room.

Lynn
Old Apr 6th 2006, 1:58 pm
happy to be here!

Cheers for that Lynn, I'll have a look around. Think I might buy one and try it in both bedrooms and if it does the trick, will get another!
See you monday at bowling (think I might be getting another star of the week got 143 last week!

Tracey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.