Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

i need some help please!!!

i need some help please!!!

Old May 3rd 2008, 11:38 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Default i need some help please!!!

some of you might know but our daughter stayed behind when we came to oz, she is now 17 and we have found out that she is now pregnant
we have now come to terms with the fact that she is legally old enough to be a mum so we have got over the shock and are quite happy at the prospect of being a nan and grandad.
was wondering though what would happen if they ever split up and she wanted to come to live with us her visa is valid until 2011, the baby is due in september would she be able to come with the baby on her visa or would she have to get one for the baby and how would she do it.
we are hoping that her,the baby and the boyfriend will come over to live anyway the plan is that he comes on a student visa and she comes on the one she's got but we dont know about the bubs
any help would be good thanks

jan xx
Old May 4th 2008, 12:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i need some help please!!!

Originally Posted by robos
some of you might know but our daughter stayed behind when we came to oz, she is now 17 and we have found out that she is now pregnant
we have now come to terms with the fact that she is legally old enough to be a mum so we have got over the shock and are quite happy at the prospect of being a nan and grandad.
was wondering though what would happen if they ever split up and she wanted to come to live with us her visa is valid until 2011, the baby is due in september would she be able to come with the baby on her visa or would she have to get one for the baby and how would she do it.
we are hoping that her,the baby and the boyfriend will come over to live anyway the plan is that he comes on a student visa and she comes on the one she's got but we dont know about the bubs

jan xx

Hi Jan,

Have they been going out for 12 months (or will they have been together that long by the time they want to come out)? If yes then he could apply for a de-facto/spouse visa.

Baby would need a child visa, or if you could presuade her to have the baby here it would be an Australian Citizen by birth because your daughter has a PR visa.
Old May 4th 2008, 12:30 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Hi Jan,

Have they been going out for 12 months (or will they have been together that long by the time they want to come out)? If yes then he could apply for a de-facto/spouse visa.

Baby would need a child visa, or if you could presuade her to have the baby here it would be an Australian Citizen by birth because your daughter has a PR visa.
thanks for that wendy they will have been going out together 12 months in october
do you know would she be able to come over and have the baby then go back?
they arent looking to come over till next may(ish)
Old May 4th 2008, 1:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that wendy they will have been going out together 12 months in october
do you know would she be able to come over and have the baby then go back?
they arent looking to come over till next may(ish)

Yes she could come here to have the baby, then go back to the UK if she wishes. Although she needs to keep in mind the requirements she needs to meet if she wants to gain citizenship herself at any point - which I would imagine she would like to get if the baby were an Australian Citizen?
Old May 4th 2008, 1:12 am
one day rodders !!!

Yes she could come here to have the baby, then go back to the UK if she wishes. Although she needs to keep in mind the requirements she needs to meet if she wants to gain citizenship herself at any point - which I would imagine she would like to get if the baby were an Australian Citizen?

yes i no but try telling her that

great arent they they think they know it all

thanks wendy you really have helped

jan xx
Old May 4th 2008, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yes i no but try telling her that

great arent they they think they know it all

thanks wendy you really have helped

jan xx

She sounds like me at that age
Old May 4th 2008, 2:12 am
one day rodders !!!

She sounds like me at that age

Old May 4th 2008, 8:21 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

jan xx
Did your daughter validate her visa?
Old May 4th 2008, 11:10 pm
one day rodders !!!

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Did your daughter validate her visa?

yes she did
Old May 5th 2008, 12:22 pm
Loving Perth!

mand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to all

hello,

I think that I am right in saying that if the child is born in the UK & they ever split up then she will need the father's written permission to take the child over to Oz. I may be wrong but I think that is the case from reading other peoples threads. Where people have children from previous relationships they have had to get the father's ok first

I think if the child is born in Oz then it would automatically have Oz citizenship so she wouldn't need his permission??
Old May 5th 2008, 2:50 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

just thought i would bump this

oh and hi granny
Old May 5th 2008, 9:43 pm
one day rodders !!!

Originally Posted by mand-jim
hello,

I think that I am right in saying that if the child is born in the UK & they ever split up then she will need the father's written permission to take the child over to Oz. I may be wrong but I think that is the case from reading other peoples threads. Where people have children from previous relationships they have had to get the father's ok first

I think if the child is born in Oz then it would automatically have Oz citizenship so she wouldn't need his permission??
thanks its just trying to convince her

Originally Posted by soapy
just thought i would bump this

oh and hi granny
thanks mate
its great news now weve accepted it

there is just one problem
im not old enough to be a granny yet
mind i could always be one of them glamorous grans

jan xx
Old May 5th 2008, 10:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mand-jim

I suppose that would depend on which country they are resident in at the time. If they were in the UK and she wanted to come here with the child then she would need his permission regardless of whether the bubs had Australian Citizenship or not - just like if I left my OH now and wanted to return to the UK (*shudder* ) then I would need my OH's permission to take the kids, even though we are UK citizens and only PR's here. I'm sure it gets a lot more complex than that. but that's the way I understand it.

thanks its just trying to convince her

thanks mate
its great news now weve accepted it

there is just one problem
im not old enough to be a granny yet
mind i could always be one of them glamorous grans

jan xx
My Mum was only 34 when I made her a Grandma. It brought us a lot closer together and we were best mates after that.
Old May 5th 2008, 10:17 pm
one day rodders !!!

My Mum was only 34 when I made her a Grandma. It brought us a lot closer together and we were best mates after that.

well i hope this will bring us closer although i cant see it right now not if she doesnt come over
Old May 5th 2008, 10:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

well i hope this will bring us closer although i cant see it right now not if she doesnt come over

There's nothing like having a baby at that age to make you want your Mum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.