Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I need to pick your brains !!

I need to pick your brains !!

Old Jan 31st 2007, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Dangerous is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I need to pick your brains !!

Morning/afternoon/evening all (think that covers everyone)

I am trying to sort out my Visa application to move to Sydney

As my Brother & sister-in-law have lived there for 7 yrs i had thought that they would be able to sponsor me
However, my job is a trader on the London Stock Exchange & carries 40points, but as my profession is not on the wanted list for Sydney my bro cant sponsor me

It seems the only option remaining to me is to get a job offer where the employer will sponsor me

Am i correct in this assumption?
Anybody else been in this situation & overcome it ?

Any information gratefully received

thx
Mike
Old Jan 31st 2007, 11:48 am
Has
Forum Regular

Has is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I need to pick your brains !!

Originally Posted by Dangerous

As my Brother & sister-in-law have lived there for 7 yrs i had thought that they would be able to sponsor me
However, my job is a trader on the London Stock Exchange & carries 40points, but as my profession is not on the wanted list for Sydney my bro cant sponsor me

It seems the only option remaining to me is to get a job offer where the employer will sponsor me

thx
Mike
Mike,

I'm in EXACTLY the same boat as you. From what I see, best thin.g is either get your firm to sponsor you in they have an office in Sydney. Or, apply for sponsorship with a firm there. The worst option is get a working holiday visa, which will allow you to work for 6 months. Then, you just get our employer to sponsor you.

Unfortunately our profession isn't on the wanted list, so we have to try all avenues.

PP me if you want, I wonder who you're working for?
Old Jan 31st 2007, 11:49 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

thx
Mike
Might want to try the immigration forum.

cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 31st 2007, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

Thx Stitch

Need to understand my way round here

Has, PM sent
Old Jan 31st 2007, 2:25 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

thx
Mike
Dont pick too hard, havent many brain cells left these days Are you sure you cant go on a 136?
Old Jan 31st 2007, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

Excuse me - I'm new to this
Whats the 136?
Old Jan 31st 2007, 2:49 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Doh Im sorry Im a bit thick at times
The 136 is the skilled independent visa....but you state in your post that you are not on the needed skilled list...?? cant see why not?? But I cant see another option at the moment unless as you say you try for a temporary or permanent sponsorship by an employer. Good Luck