Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I need a new name.

I need a new name.

Old Apr 6th 2004, 2:50 pm
Not two zombies

Mongrol will become famous soon enough
Default I need a new name.

I lived in Brisbane for 3 years from 12 to 15. I had a scottish accent, so by the cunning of Aussie youth, I was nicknamed "Scotsman" (oh the creativity!). When I was shuttled back to the UK at 15 I had a fairly chunky australian twang and via the gift of intelligent thought, I was then named "Ozzy".

And so its stuck. Everyone calls me Ozzy! I'm now 33, been shacked up with a hot chick for 11 years and she still calls me Ozzy, infact, she feels stupid calling me by my real name. The question is, what do we do next year when we move? Surely continuing to call me Ozzy is going to be a bit questionable. An Ozzy with a broad scottish accent? Proposterous! This puts yet another twist in an already very tiring story which I'm fed up telling to people when they ask why I'm called that.
Old Apr 6th 2004, 3:02 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need a new name.

what about Scozzy
Old Apr 6th 2004, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of
Default Re: I need a new name.

Originally posted by Mongrol
I lived in Brisbane for 3 years from 12 to 15. I had a scottish accent, so by the cunning of Aussie youth, I was nicknamed "Scotsman" (oh the creativity!). When I was shuttled back to the UK at 15 I had a fairly chunky australian twang and via the gift of intelligent thought, I was then named "Ozzy".

And so its stuck. Everyone calls me Ozzy! I'm now 33, been shacked up with a hot chick for 11 years and she still calls me Ozzy, infact, she feels stupid calling me by my real name. The question is, what do we do next year when we move? Surely continuing to call me Ozzy is going to be a bit questionable. An Ozzy with a broad scottish accent? Proposterous! This puts yet another twist in an already very tiring story which I'm fed up telling to people when they ask why I'm called that.
How about Mongrol?
Old Apr 6th 2004, 3:08 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink

McOzzy...

Old Apr 6th 2004, 3:38 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Tell 'em your named after Ozzy Osbourne as you have a tendency to eat bat's heads and raw meat ! That'll shut 'em up and they won't ask again