i need a doctor

Old Jul 1st 2006, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

Cuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud of
Default i need a doctor

could any one please help, my wife has had a bad headache since Friday night she has taken loads of tablets and it will not clear last night she vomited due to the pain i have rung the local doctors (we are on bribie island near Brisbane) but they are closed is there anyone i can ring like the NHS direct we have back in the UK or does any one know of any practices that are open today.
Old Jul 1st 2006, 11:55 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i need a doctor

Originally Posted by Cuddly Bear
could any one please help, my wife has had a bad headache since Friday night she has taken loads of tablets and it will not clear last night she vomited due to the pain i have rung the local doctors (we are on bribie island near Brisbane) but they are closed is there anyone i can ring like the NHS direct we have back in the UK or does any one know of any practices that are open today.

Take your wife to an ER now.

It could just be a migraine.

Bur then again it could be a subarachnoid haemorrhage.

The former is much more likely,but better get it checked out.
Old Jul 1st 2006, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

tony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud of

can you not get her to an accident and emergency dept at the nearest local hospital? I hope she's ok soon.
Old Jul 1st 2006, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

tony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud of

sorry, beat me to it, but do take her soon as possible
Old Jul 1st 2006, 11:59 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Take your wife to an ER now.

It could just be a migraine.

Bur then again it could be a subarachnoid haemorrhage.

The former is much more likely,but better get it checked out.

I agree. If ever I am seriously concerned about something its ER rather than waiting for a doctors appointment. She may well start to feel a lot better after seeing them - stress will not help her and if shes worrying about it it will only make the headache a lot worse.
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

GreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud of

Cuddly Bear!!!!

Seriously call an ambulance! Especially if she also has pain in the neck. if your wife has vomited and has severe headache she could have that haemorrhage like Elvira said. I work in an ER and am on duty as I wright and have seen cases like this. Its always better to have too much panic than too much blood in your brain in the wrong place!!! There must be some way of contacting a doctor, wake the neighbours.
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

Cuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GreenSauce
Cuddly Bear!!!!

Seriously call an ambulance! Especially if she also has pain in the neck. if your wife has vomited and has severe headache she could have that haemorrhage like Elvira said. I work in an ER and am on duty as I wright and have seen cases like this. Its always better to have too much panic than too much blood in your brain in the wrong place!!! There must be some way of contacting a doctor, wake the neighbours.

Thanks everyone for your help and advice.

Just to let you know my wife is back home after spending all day in the hospital, she has had a slight strain of meningitis. The doctors were really good, they have given her a lumber puncture, brain scan and blood tests just to make sure everything is ok, put her on a drip and pumped aload of fluid through her body, so after having all this done and knowing that everything is ok she is feeling a lot better and is back home.

Just like to say, this is the first time since living in oz that we have had to use the hospital and hopefully the last....but they were all great and everything was done very professional.
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 12:08 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to let you know my wife is back home after spending all day in the hospital, she has had a slight strain of meningitis. The doctors were really good, they have given her a lumber puncture, brain scan and blood tests just to make sure everything is ok, put her on a drip and pumped aload of fluid through her body, so after having all this done and knowing that everything is ok she is feeling a lot better and is back home.

Just like to say, this is the first time since living in oz that we have had to use the hospital and hopefully the last....but they were all great and everything was done very professional.

Crikey... I wondered if it was meningitis. So glad she got some great help. Take it easy for a while, eh? It can be quite debilitating. Good for you for acting so quickly.

Old Jul 2nd 2006, 12:14 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus what a worry. Really glad to hear that shes home safe and sound now and that you received a great service.

If ever you have any worries again please always make ER your first point of call.

I hope shes resting up now.

Thanks for letting us know how things went.

Rach xxxx
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 1:50 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

In Queensland you can call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) which I think is the same thing as NHS Direct (not sure, there was no NHS Direct when I last lived in the UK).

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/13health/default.asp
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 2:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Really pleased she's feeling better. Hope she recovers quickly. Thanks for letting us know.
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 3:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by brisnick
In Queensland you can call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) which I think is the same thing as NHS Direct (not sure, there was no NHS Direct when I last lived in the UK).

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/13health/default.asp
Thanks for that number, i will stick that to the fridge!!!!
Thought they would be something like the NHS number back home.
Thanks everyone again!
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 7:28 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that number, i will stick that to the fridge!!!!
Thought they would be something like the NHS number back home.
Thanks everyone again!
So glad to read that your wife is recovering. And nice to see that BE was able to provide some assistance, you must have been really worried.

Gill
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by herrchook
So glad to read that your wife is recovering. And nice to see that BE was able to provide some assistance, you must have been really worried.

Gill
Yes i was really worried, just glad she's home and on the mend.
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

GreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud of

Good to hear your wife is back home and well taken care of! Was thinking about you all my shift...
Give her an extra cuddle

GS