Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I need an aupair has any one else got one or had one?

I need an aupair has any one else got one or had one?

Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:43 am
Just Joined

LA62 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question I need an aupair has any one else got one or had one?

Hi guys

Looking for some advice

i have returned back to work full time since we moved here. 3 years ago

as you know with no family to relay on we have come to the desicion that we need xtra help with the children and house

i have been on numerous sites and been charged fees etc but it seems like it will be ages before we are sorted

Any one else been in the same position or can offer advice i would be soooo greatful

thanks
Old Jun 7th 2007, 8:07 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice
Default Re: I need an aupair has any one else got one or had one?

Originally Posted by LA62
Hi guys

Looking for some advice

as you know with no family to relay on we have come to the desicion that we need xtra help with the children and house

i have been on numerous sites and been charged fees etc but it seems like it will be ages before we are sorted

Any one else been in the same position or can offer advice i would be soooo greatful

thanks

Whereabouts are you though?
Old Jun 7th 2007, 8:11 am
Just Joined

WHOOPS HERE WE GO!

WE ARE LOOKING FOR A LOVELY AND CARING AUPAIR TO JOIN OUR FAMILY HERE IN AUSTRALIA, IM 29 YEARS OLD AND AM WORKING FULL TIME IN SALES, MY HUSBAND IS 37 AND ALSO WORKS IN SALES SO WE NEED HELP TO BALANCE OUR FAMILY.

WE ARE A RELAXED COUPLE WHO ENJOY OUR CHILDREN ENERTAINING OUR FRIENDS AND TRAVELLING WHEN WE CAN ALL OF WHICH WE WOULD LOVE YOU TO BE INVOLVED IN SHOULD YOU WISH.

WE ARE HAPPY FOR YOU TO INVITE FRIENDS OVER TO THE HOUSE AND WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO FEEL AT HOME AND COMFORTABLE IN YOUR SURROUNDINGS, WE LIVE IN A 5 BEDROOM HOUSE WITH A SWIMMING POOL IN A BEAUTIFUL LEAFY SUBURB ABOUT 40 MINS OUT OF MELBOURNE CALLED MOUNT ELIZA ON THE MORNINGTON PENINSULA, YOU WOULD HAVE ACCESS TO THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BEACHES IN MELBOURNE AND THE SURROUNDING AREAS ARE AMAZING.
PROVIDED FOR YOU WILL BE YOUR OWN ENSUITE BEDROOM WITH TV, FAMILY CAR, USE OF INTERNET

THIS IS A FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY TO SEE ANOTHER PART OF THE WORLD OR COUNTRY AND WORK WITH A CARING AND LOVING FAMILY, WHAT COULD BE BETTER.
CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR FROM ANYONE WHO WANTS THIS FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY.

KIND REGARDS LINZI
Old Jun 7th 2007, 8:13 am
Just Joined

FEEL FREE TO PM ANYTIME
Old Jun 7th 2007, 8:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You haven't mentioned the most important bit I think you mentioned children required looking after in the first post
Old Jun 7th 2007, 8:25 am
Just Joined

IM NEWTO THIS SITE! SORRY

WE HAVE 2 CHILDREN A BOY WHO IS 8 AND A GIRL WHO IS 5

APPOLOGIES I HAVE HAD ONE DAY OFF AND SPENT THE ENTIRE TIME ON THE INTERNET LOOKING AT MORE AGENCIES ETC

MY HEADS A BIT CAVED IN!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 8:27 am
Just Joined

WE ARE IN MT ELIZA ON THE MORNINGTON PENINSULA
Old Jun 7th 2007, 8:30 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

I've "had" one ...

Long time ago mind.

Slovakian as I recall.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 8:34 am
Just Joined

what did you think of it,
Old Jun 7th 2007, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm interested in what you find out here, how much to pay? what they expect? I thought that Australia was a country that didn't 'do' au pairs like they do in europe... keep us updated on what happens?
Old Jun 7th 2007, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

blackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You haven't mentioned the most important bit I think you mentioned children required looking after in the first post
Which state are you in
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

She's in Mount Eliza in Victoria
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LA62
Hi guys

Looking for some advice

thanks
Have you tried this site?

http://www.findababysitter.com.au

It's been quite helpful for us.

Mrs JTL
Old Jun 8th 2007, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

I am also interested in this. We are considering having an au pair if my hubby changes jobs.

I have been looking on this site - might be of use to you:

http://melbourne.gumtree.com.au/

Rudi
Old Jun 8th 2007, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Lilywhite is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'm in the UK and I've had aupairs for 5 and 1/2years now and it has worked out well for my family. However other people will tell you horror stories. Two of our aupairs each stayed with us for two years & only left for visa reasons and the other for one year. I've had two Slovakian, one Turkish and a Hungarian aupair. We stayed with our Turkish aupair's family last year and our Slovakian aupairs are close family friends.

My advice is to make it very clear to your aupair what you expect. They like to see a 'program' - basically what times they work and what they have to do.

Here's a website I have used before. Good Luck.

http://www.easyaupair.com/index.asp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.