Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I nearly forgot what it's all about ......

I nearly forgot what it's all about ......

Old Apr 28th 2008, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of
Default I nearly forgot what it's all about ......

It's been a hell of a week - I won't go into it other than a few key words: teenagers, money, crash, business, teenagers again, aaaaaghhh ....... so my wife called a friend who does boat charter to try to get us all out of the situation. I wasn't sure, I mean there are a heap of REALLY important things that need doin' ... this boat trip bonding thing was going to get in the way. Anyway, I never really considered fishing to be a perticulally fun passtime ever since a miserable day at a Birmingham canal as a kid.
Wow, I have lived on the Bayside for five years and I've been to Peel Island and over to Straddie and it's great and scenic ...... but I have never in my life felt tranquility like I did yeaterday, especially considering my proximity to the kids!
The cat with a skipper from 9am - 9pm cost (almost) less than fish & chips at Raby Bay! He supplied all of the fishing gear and even filleted our catch. A balmy 25 deg unbroken Autumn sunshine, and water so clear you could pick out the turtles & Rays easily. Watching the sunset over the bay while the dolphins played around the boat, the shouts of excitement as one of us landed another 'keeper' the only sound other than the rigging creaking in the breeze ....
Oh yes, and we were only three k's from home - perfect
Attached Thumbnails I nearly forgot what it's all about ......-photo067.jpg  

Last edited by doub; Apr 28th 2008 at 2:16 pm. Reason: added a photo!
Old Apr 28th 2008, 2:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I nearly forgot what it's all about ......

Sounds fantastic

It's always good to take time out & step back a bit from time to time in order to keep some perspective! (IMO)