Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I Love the Gold Coast

I Love the Gold Coast

Old Feb 22nd 2011, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all
Default Re: I Love the Gold Coast

Originally Posted by sa2uk2oz

yes, it is!!
very popular with saffa's too..

Just looked at your profile, SA... UK... GC
( Robina)
We lived in SA ( Jo burgh ) move back to UK then to South Australia now Gold Coast ( Robina)
Are friends have also moved here from SA about 4yrs ago
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 10:53 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Robina looks fab.

Is it? $$$$$$
Slowly becoming the CBD of the Gold Coast, although the Coast is weird in that we don't really have a centre - lots of small ones like Southport, Surfers, Broadbeach, Robina ect
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 11:44 am
Just Joined

t4top is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: I Love the Gold Coast

Originally Posted by milly123
Just looked at your profile, SA... UK... GC
( Robina)
We lived in SA ( Jo burgh ) move back to UK then to South Australia now Gold Coast ( Robina)
Are friends have also moved here from SA about 4yrs ago
Hi Milly123,
I am new here but we are in the process of relocating to Australia. We have just booked our medicals after it was requested by our CO. We are applying for a PR visa but we are not really sure which part of Australia to settle in.
We are turn between Adelaide, Melbourne and Brisbane/Gold Coast.
We have never been to Australia and since you have moved form Adelaide to Gold Coast could you please tell us your experience about living in both cities and why you moved to the Gold Coast.
We are a family of five and my is a ICU Nurse. I am a Maths Teacher and both of us will be looking to work when we get there. Which city would be better for us in terms of lifestyle, job opportunities for both of us.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=shiels;9193474

Some areas can be I think, very popular with poms![/QUOTE]

and your experience of living in Robina is????

It's a very untrue statement that Robina is full poms. I know one family who are poms who live nearby. Robina and Varsity however, are very multicultural. The size of Robina alone means that there are obviously going to be more of each nationality. Whenever i've been to the local pubs we always meet aussies, everyone on my street is an aussie, bar 1 family of kiwis.
If anything there seems to be a lot of Americans. This may have something to do with Bond University?

I've no doubt there are a fair few pommies mixed in, in this huge community but it's not as though you're tripping over them every minute...

Robina and Varsity are fantastic areas. Everyone who i know, mostly aussies love it here and are very proud of the area. I love it too....so there Sheils

Last edited by sammyg; Feb 22nd 2011 at 8:46 pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

yes, it is!!
very popular with saffa's too..
I can well imagine it is. I can picture us living there quite easily.

Originally Posted by diddy
Slowly becoming the CBD of the Gold Coast, although the Coast is weird in that we don't really have a centre - lots of small ones like Southport, Surfers, Broadbeach, Robina ect
Which makes it nice and sort of quaint in a way. Makes it more interesting.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 6:20 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg

It's a very untrue statement that Robina is full poms.
Who said it was full of poms? As you seem to know and love the area so much, perhaps you could comment on the post that suggested it was also very popular with South Africans. Is it, or don't you know?
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Who said it was full of poms? As you seem to know and love the area so much, perhaps you could comment on the post that suggested it was also very popular with South Africans. Is it, or don't you know?
if i was a sad git and wanted to dig through old threads i'd think i'd find that you've said it before...

South Africans - no, never met a south african here, can't recall hearing an accent either out and about.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:38 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

It's a very untrue statement that Robina is full poms. I know one family who are poms who live nearby. Robina and Varsity however, are very multicultural. The size of Robina alone means that there are obviously going to be more of each nationality. Whenever i've been to the local pubs we always meet aussies, everyone on my street is an aussie, bar 1 family of kiwis.
If anything there seems to be a lot of Americans. This may have something to do with Bond University?

I've no doubt there are a fair few pommies mixed in, in this huge community but it's not as though you're tripping over them every minute...

Robina and Varsity are fantastic areas. Everyone who i know, mostly aussies love it here and are very proud of the area. I love it too....so there Sheils
As you don't post much these days I had forgotten what a bitch you are
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:40 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Just did a tour of the census stats for 2006 and there is 7% English born people living in Robina.

However, still think you are a bitch
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:42 am
Gutter Gob!!

Just did a tour of the census stats for 2006 and there is 7% English born people living in Robina.

However, still think you are a bitch
oooh and 2% SA born. 8% NZ born and 1.4% Japanese.

PS. still think you are a bitch
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah, i just nearly wet myself reading that. Who rattled your boring WA cage??
Of course, your getting involved with your special internet friends. Bless you
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 8:08 am
Gutter Gob!!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah, i just nearly wet myself reading that. Who rattled your boring WA cage??
Of course, your getting involved with your special internet friends. Bless you
yeah, I don't have a life
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

if i was a sad git and wanted to dig through old threads i'd think i'd find that you've said it before...

South Africans - no, never met a south african here, can't recall hearing an accent either out and about.
Don't want to get into an argument, however we hear South African accents every single weekend when shopping at Robina centre. We have 8 South african families we know living in Robina. Our next door neighbour is from Manchester, and 2 other families in our road are from the UK, and 1 from New Zealand. Anyway, whatever the stats, we love it here.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 8:30 am
Gutter Gob!!

Don't want to get into an argument, however we hear South African accents every single weekend when shopping at Robina centre. We have 8 South african families we know living in Robina. Our next door neighbour is from Manchester, and 2 other families in our road are from the UK, and 1 from New Zealand. Anyway, whatever the stats, we love it here.
There is another census this year and a lot can change in 5 years so I can imagine you are right in what you say.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

There is another census this year and a lot can change in 5 years so I can imagine you are right in what you say.
Probably, since most of us only got here in 2007 and 2008

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.