Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I Love the Gold Coast

I Love the Gold Coast

Old Feb 20th 2011, 10:57 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default I Love the Gold Coast

Just wanted to say that.

Spent the morning doing Nippers at Broady with the kids, then headed down to Currumbin Creek for the afternoon. Water was crystal clear and not a cloud in the sky. Only very minor whinge of the day was dumpy waves at Broady so the kids all stacked a few times, but they got up and kept going.

The Goldy takes such a bagging, but I love it here and never see myself living anywhere else.

Last edited by diddy; Feb 20th 2011 at 11:52 am.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

B1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud of
Default Re: I Love the Gold Coast

Originally Posted by diddy
Just wanted to that.

Spent the morning doing Nippers at Broady with the kids, then headed down to Currumbin Creek for the afternoon. Water was crystal clear and not a cloud in the sky. Only very minor whinge of the day was dumpy waves at Broady so the kids all stacked a few times, but they got up and kept going.

The Goldy takes such a bagging, but I love it here and never see myself living anywhere else.
We have been at Currumbin Creek too today and have to say we loved it!!! Spent the afternoon swimming in the part where it was shallow, very small waves and our 4 year old loved it! Not too crowded and also found parking easily.

Been to the GC a couple of times now and have to agree that we love it down there. I would defo live there, full of families, nice parks and also a few nice suburbs. Pity that there is lack of IT jobs...

Cheers
B!K3R
Old Feb 20th 2011, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

FPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud of

Could you suggest any nice suburbs in GC?
Old Feb 20th 2011, 12:20 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

We're in Southport at Northern end - has everything you need for a small CBD and good access to beaches with reasonable access if you need to get to Brisbane. This area is often overlooked on Expats - alot of Brits head for Pac Pines area, but I would recommend Ashmore and Benowa. Also Ilike Currumbin too. It's really a personal preference thing.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

FPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud of

We're in Southport at Northern end - has everything you need for a small CBD and good access to beaches with reasonable access if you need to get to Brisbane. This area is often overlooked on Expats - alot of Brits head for Pac Pines area, but I would recommend Ashmore and Benowa. Also Ilike Currumbin too. It's really a personal preference thing.
Cheers for that.

How long you been there for?
Old Feb 20th 2011, 2:54 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B1K3R
We have been at Currumbin Creek too today and have to say we loved it!!! Spent the afternoon swimming in the part where it was shallow, very small waves and our 4 year old loved it! Not too crowded and also found parking easily.

Been to the GC a couple of times now and have to agree that we love it down there. I would defo live there, full of families, nice parks and also a few nice suburbs. Pity that there is lack of IT jobs...

Cheers
B!K3R
Used to live opposite the Currumbin wildlife park beautiful area...see pic of my old watering hole.

Photo taken from the Rocks Resort...of the Vikings SLC
Attached Thumbnails I Love the Gold Coast-15953_102299349795426_100000460830466_65819_1715612_n.jpg  
Old Feb 20th 2011, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Used to live opposite the Currumbin wildlife park beautiful area...see pic of my old watering hole.

Photo taken from the Rocks Resort...of the Vikings SLC
What a view, I would kill for a view like that.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 4:13 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FPE88
What a view, I would kill for a view like that.
My buddy lives there and is a semi-professional photographer I have great shots of the GC many partys have been had with that wonderful view infront of us!!
Old Feb 20th 2011, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

njbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nice
Smile Re: I Love the Gold Coast

We're hoping to be over in July, waiting on hubby and kids visas coming through. Was a choice between Woolongong and the Gold Coast where I have relatives. There was no comparison Gold Coast won hands down, and with the hospital being built I'm hoping to get job there instead of commuting to Brisbane. Keep posting all the good points and places to visit. I'm sooooo excited.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Laura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really nice

Loved the gold coast first time we went and headin over in May for a reccie and getting more and more excited by the minute. Hopefully be over there for good next year. Thanks for the positive post. It sounds perfect for me and my family!
Old Feb 20th 2011, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

GoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of light

+1

snip
Old Feb 20th 2011, 8:13 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

Originally Posted by FPE88
Cheers for that.

How long you been there for?
Just coming up to six yrs - we started in Helensvale but wanted something more central, so moved to Southport after a few months. The place has changed alot even in the short time we've been here - loads of development.

The strange thing about living here is that when you arrive you think there is little community, but it really doesn't take long to get to know alot of people especially if you have kids as you end up involved in all their clubs/school ect.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 8:16 pm
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to say that.

Yip..must agree with all you've said...whenever we go down there we feel refreshed and happy that we have access to such beautiful places...
Old Feb 20th 2011, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Broadbeach/Surfers Paradise depending which side of the house you stand
yellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to all

I have to agree, we have lived in Perth, Cairns and now the Gold coast and love it, My son goes to Broadbeach State School and has made so many friends, Everyone is friendly, the parks are great the beaches are beautiful, and not too far from the hinterland for a spot of weekend camping. Great place for families and OMG what a place for the kids to grow up in.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 12:04 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget the hinterland if you want more space and better value for money ... of course, you can't walk to the beach but it's still worth a thought ... It ain't all Surfers (cue Moneypenny ... )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.