Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

i love cairns...here's why

i love cairns...here's why

Old Sep 17th 2010, 2:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future
Default i love cairns...here's why

[intro: for a while i really wanted out of cairns but couldnt because of my visa, now after thinking, i really do cairns....here's why]

- 8 min commute to work (by car)
- dont need to wear big woolly coat
- $3 all day car parking in CBD (if free space is all taken)
- clear blue skies
- several lovely beaches
- the Woolshed... :P
- rainforests/mountains/outback all so close (variety is the spice of life)
- laid back atmosphere (NO working till 11pm when the office closes at 5pm!)

feel free to add more reasons why cairns is an awesome place to live (positive comments only please!)
Old Sep 17th 2010, 3:06 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i love cairns...here's why

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz
[intro: for a while i really wanted out of cairns but couldnt because of my visa, now after thinking, i really do cairns....here's why]

- 8 min commute to work (by car)
- dont need to wear big woolly coat
- $3 all day car parking in CBD (if free space is all taken)
- clear blue skies
- several lovely beaches
- rainforests/mountains/outback all so close (variety is the spice of life)
- laid back atmosphere (NO working till 11pm when the office closes at 5pm!)

feel free to add more reasons why cairns is an awesome place to live (positive comments only please!)
proximity to the barrier reef is another big +ve for life up in cairns. If you haven't been out diving on it yet...then go !
Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

pink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by asprilla
proximity to the barrier reef is another big +ve for life up in cairns. If you haven't been out diving on it yet...then go !
Been diving twice now and although petrified of water and fish what an awesome experience and will give it another go when people start to visit,

Buts first i have to say its where my husband is (he's looking over my shoulder as i type)

The Australian people are laid back and sooooo friendly (except for that taxi driver that shouted at me on the phone:)

Used to smile at people in the UK and get snarled at!!!!

The weather even the rain is warm.

Free excercise how cool is that and outside even better

as said everything so close and so much choice............

what is not to love
Old Sep 17th 2010, 8:37 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Lovely place really enjoy it there. Absolutely no job opportunities if your serious about having a career though.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 2:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

-[/QUOTE]

Seriously???? This is one of the best things about Cairns?

Glad to see you are feeling settled & happy!
Old Sep 18th 2010, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
-

Glad to see you are feeling settled & happy![/QUOTE]

Where else can you dance on tables at 3 am & get a stamp on your hand that won't come off for days! Lol
Old Sep 18th 2010, 7:17 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

The woolshed is great! Have very fond, if fuzzy, memories of my trips to Cairns
Dance on table, wet t-shirt contests lots of beer, footie on telly and laughing at the poor backpackers queing up for the soup kitchen below

best moment though was arriving after 3 weeks at sea with nary a sight of female flesh to be greated by the Miss naked North queensland contest, proof there is a God
Old Sep 19th 2010, 4:11 am
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

Yep Cairns is perfect... I have been here 2.5 years and love it... Woolshed is fun too!
Old Sep 19th 2010, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

pink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz

Glad to see you are feeling settled & happy!
Where else can you dance on tables at 3 am & get a stamp on your hand that won't come off for days! Lol[/QUOTE]

I wanna go dance on the tables in the woolshed haha, last time i tried this trick i decided to play human pinball with the table and a piano!!!!!!!! mmm now that was interesting morning waking up and remembering each bump with each bruise i found

but hey am a mature adult now

walking around in the rain with the kids and my man splashing in the puddles and it still being soooo hot lol