Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I know it's not OZ related but need help about UK Banks

I know it's not OZ related but need help about UK Banks

Old Oct 19th 2007, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I know it's not OZ related but need help about UK Banks

anyone know much about UK Banks.
I/we recieved an email from 2 banks (within an hour of each other) in my home town.
Here is one email

Dear xxxxxxxxx Bank customer,

xxxxxxxxxx Bank Customer Service requests you to complete Online Banking Customer Form.

This procedure is obligatory for all internet banking users of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Bank.

Please click hyperlink below to access Online Banking Customer Form.

The other one said basically the same these are 2 different BIG banks in the UK that I have never had an acct with I asked my wife and she said she has no acct with them but starting to wonder what's going on
Old Oct 19th 2007, 2:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I know it's not OZ related but need help about UK Banks

Originally Posted by psb182
I/we recieved an email from 2 banks (within an hour of each other) in my home town.
Here is one email

xxxxxxxxxx Bank Customer Service requests you to complete Online Banking Customer Form.

This procedure is obligatory for all internet banking users of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Bank.

The other one said basically the same these are 2 different BIG banks in the UK that I have never had an acct with I asked my wife and she said she has no acct with them but starting to wonder what's going on

Sounds like a scam to me. Never under any circumstances fill out private info on e-mail links. If the bank wants this info they would either write to you, or they would put the link into where you log on to access your accounts.

Either delete them, or forward them to the relevant banks so they can find out where they are coming from.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

ITS A SCAM - DELETE IT

DO NOT REPLY, EVEN TO SAY YOU KNOW IT IS A SCAM, BECAUSE THEN THEY KNOW YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS IS ACTIVE AND WILL JUST SEND YOU TONNES MORE SPAM.

I remind my wife every week about these things, because we have so much online now to make UK/Oz transactions easier, it is so much more risky to believe these things.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

smee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to all

Here is one email

It is a scam. Banks will NEVER ask you the click on the link within an email to access their website. I would delete it.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 2:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you post the link here, then we can all spam them
Old Oct 19th 2007, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

smee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wendy
Why don't you post the link here, then we can all spam them
Unfortunately it doesn't work like that.
A few years back I made the mistake of replying to a Lloyds Bank scam email with the words "Get effed". After that I got even more spam, there sin't anyone sitting at the other end checking emails.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by smee
Unfortunately it doesn't work like that.
A few years back I made the mistake of replying to a Lloyds Bank scam email with the words "Get effed". After that I got even more spam, there sin't anyone sitting at the other end checking emails.

That's a shame - it would have passed the time until my driving lesson.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

http://onlinesession-28107.natwest.c...ory/start.aspx

http://rbsdigital-id0853408806.rbs.c...care/form.aspx
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:07 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Wendy
That's a shame - it would have passed the time until my driving lesson.
driving lesson? i thought you were already at the wheel of a satsuma?
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

My question now is if me or my OH never had an acct with any of these two banks then what could they scam? Also the banks are in our home town which is 3500 miles from where I am right now and they both came within an hour of each other
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:15 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I am a Natwest online banking customer and they don't ask for the details like that, you have to enter random numbers/letters from your pin and password and they don't ask for your email. You can rest assured it is deffo a scam.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:15 am

gedge has disabled reputation

My question now is if me or my OH never had an acct with any of these two banks then what could they scam? Also the banks are in our home town which is 3500 miles from where I am right now and they both came within an hour of each other
it's done on possibility that you might have an account with the banks in question
if you did you might think it's a genuine email and follow the link, type in details and tada wave bye bye to your savings

they got your email address from somewhere, not necessarily related to the banks
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

They send the email on mass knowing someone, somewhere with an account at the bank will receive the email. You weren't specifically picked out. They have got your email address from somewhere and have added it on their list of people to annoy. Welcome to the world of SPAM, they are a nuisance.
Forum Regular

Famous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to behold

Here is one email

I must have had about 100 emails purporting to be from NatWest in the last couple of weeks asking me to confirm my account details and before that it was Alliance and Leicester. Yesterday I started getting them from Abbey. I don't have accounts with any of those banks.

Ignore them - they are scams. No bank would ask you to confirm your confidential details in this way. Also, if you go to the website vis the link in the email there is a danger that it will install software on your computer that may send the scammers useful/personal information.

You could, if you wanted, set up a filter so that any future emails get deleted before they hit your inbox.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

They're both chinese domain extentions, and are both registered to Verio Inc (who are a webhosting company)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.