Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I know its been asked but.... luggage allowance??

I know its been asked but.... luggage allowance??

Old Mar 10th 2004, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

steve & dee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I know its been asked but.... luggage allowance??

Hi I'm pretty sure its been covered but if someone wouldnt mind helping me out here I'd appreciate it. Booked one way to perth this morning with Singapore airlines (7th of july, so soon omigod!!). Anyway I was told that our luggage allowance is only 23kg each, is there a way to get a bigger allowance as this seems low for a one way, or is that about right. By the way, as I never seem to get back on to say thanks for help, this time I will say it in advance, so, thanks. Deirdre
Old Mar 10th 2004, 10:24 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I know its been asked but.... luggage allowance??

Originally posted by steve & dee
Hi I'm pretty sure its been covered but if someone wouldnt mind helping me out here I'd appreciate it. Booked one way to perth this morning with Singapore airlines (7th of july, so soon omigod!!). Anyway I was told that our luggage allowance is only 23kg each, is there a way to get a bigger allowance as this seems low for a one way, or is that about right. By the way, as I never seem to get back on to say thanks for help, this time I will say it in advance, so, thanks. Deirdre
Hiya if you contact the airline and let them know that you are emigrating then they should double your allowance
Old Mar 10th 2004, 10:38 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: I know its been asked but.... luggage allowance??

Originally posted by steve & dee
Heres a link to a previous thread on Singapore Luggage allowances

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=180759

Old Mar 11th 2004, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

jinxnkay is on a distinguished road

we are booked one way with singapore airlines on 6th april. on our booking details it says:-
ref louise(singapore airlines desk) 0121 833 2066 - if travelling on full residency visa 40 kilos
Old Mar 11th 2004, 12:35 pm
Member who went to Aus

cutgrass is an unknown quantity at this point

We're also flying Singapore. We got the Travel agents to fax copies of our UNVALIDATED visa's (they MUST be unvalidated) and then the tickets come back with the 40kg allowance.

It does not apply to hand luggage though.

We were going to fly BA to LA and then on to Melbourne on Quantas. We got a massive 50k allowance agreed each that way.