Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I know I need to chill.......

I know I need to chill.......

Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I know I need to chill.......

keep being told to chill out and dont get stressed.
Application in at DIMIA, house going on market end of the month.
getting ready to book the meds.
All this, as well as 2 teenage boys AND a very responsille full time job got me quite stressed out.
Went to see me doc. OOh she said your blood pressure is up a bit. They wont like that at the meds. UP went the blood pressure again.
She gave me some tablets to bring it dow. What do I get, a bloody reaction to them, covered in rash. hallucinations, being sick the lot. She takes me off them. Oooh that dont sound too good says my very knowledgable brother. Guess what. UP went the blood pressure
any ideas out there.packed up the fags, chucked out the salt, dont drink, started taking at least 3 long walks a week, (After work, doing dinner, washing , ironing etc)

Talk about getting my knickers in a twist over a medical. Chill out. says my mate. I WISH I COULD!!!
Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:37 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Get off this site! Like your neighbour said!

Sorry, don't know anything else

Good luck!
(you're blood pressure is allowed up a bit though right? I don't think it'll be a reason to not let you in??)
Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:38 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

I hear the blue pills work well

Relax. Medical isnt for NASA, its just to see if you gonna croak anytime soon !!!

Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:40 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

It seems to me you need to stop worrying about your BP and start worrying about your inability to relax.

Have you tried yoga - or even better a flotation tank session - it is the best most chilled out feeling in the whole world - and that comes from another stress puppy.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Funky Chicken is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I know I need to chill.......

Originally posted by S Oldfield
All this, as well as 2 teenage boys AND a very responsille full time job got me quite stressed out.
Went to see me doc. OOh she said your blood pressure is up a bit. They wont like that at the meds. UP went the blood pressure again.
She gave me some tablets to bring it dow. What do I get, a bloody reaction to them, covered in rash. hallucinations, being sick the lot. She takes me off them. Oooh that dont sound too good says my very knowledgable brother. Guess what. UP went the blood pressure
any ideas out there.packed up the fags, chucked out the salt, dont drink, started taking at least 3 long walks a week, (After work, doing dinner, washing , ironing etc)

Talk about getting my knickers in a twist over a medical. Chill out. says my mate. I WISH I COULD!!!
I'm just starting out with app and I'm already stressed so I am not sure I can help much. Not sure about not drinking though? Surely a glass of vino a night would do the trick? Perhaps you need to find a way to vent off. Rock climbing does it for me, either that or lots of sex.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:44 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I do sympathise - my application hasn't even gone in yet and my blood pressure is high. (Probably down to new job I think?) The doctor wouldn't even tell me how high it is He's sent me off to the Nurse to have a BP monitor fitted for 24 hours to check whether it's consistently high or whether it's just the sight of a "white coat" that's making it rocket. Have you had 24 hour monitoring?

I'm wondering about buying a relaxation tape and/or treating myself to a massage every couple of weeks. Lots of sex seems like a good idea too but hubby is away at the moment
Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:44 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

My dad's blood pressure is sky high and he doesn't get on too well with the drugs. He started taking Pharmaton supplements (get 'em from the chemist) which are natural herbal tablets aimed at helping him de-stress. Seem to be working so far. You can also try aromatherapy if you really want an alternative - try hyssop, which regulates the blood (but get a professional to help if you don't know anything about aromatherapy. Go and have a good long (respectable!) massage before your meds and youll be all calm and serene when you go in.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Funky Chicken
I'm just starting out with app and I'm already stressed so I am not sure I can help much. Not sure about not drinking though? Surely a glass of vino a night would do the trick? Perhaps you need to find a way to vent off. Rock climbing does it for me, either that or lots of sex.

Tried the red wine, yuk hated it. also it is the WORST thimg for high bp
Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Pollster
It seems to me you need to stop worrying about your BP and start worrying about your inability to relax.

Have you tried yoga - or even better a flotation tank session - it is the best most chilled out feeling in the whole world - and that comes from another stress puppy.

Have joined a relaxation class and have booked myself a couple of massages, also attempting to locate a local yoga class.
Thanks for the advice
Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Funky Chicken is an unknown quantity at this point

Tried the red wine, yuk hated it. also it is the WORST thimg for high bp
OK, so maybe the wine was a bad idea. Still, finding something that gets the adreneline going and helps take your mind off the medical would probably help?
Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:50 am
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, so maybe the wine was a bad idea. Still, finding something that gets the adreneline going and helps take your mind off the medical would probably help?
exercise and sex, spring to mind.

Last edited by Fuzzyness; Jan 14th 2004 at 10:55 am.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:52 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Havent had our meds done yet but please take a look at this website it just may help

Good Luck
http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/hbp/
Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:52 am
lynsteve

Cool

Whats a sex spring?????????????

Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:53 am
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by lynsteve
Whats a sex spring?????????????
fabulous. have you not tried one.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Many thanks for all your ideas and comments.

My doc has stated that this is only a temp problem.

Have also just this second joined the yoga group at the local gym, friday will be the first time

wish me luck, as my sense of coordination is crap. but i am willing to give it a go

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.