Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I just got arrested.

Wikiposts

I just got arrested.

Old Sep 2nd 2003, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I just got arrested.

Originally posted by Ceri
naah we'll end up fighting with each other... we need kiwi paul in the cell with us.. we can all pick on him .. lol

Cheers
Don't let me spoil a good cat fight, just make sure you advise of time and location so I can ensure myself a good seat.
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds to me that their cell would need hosing down
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

If you lot rode motorbikes instead of driving you would be used to that sort of treatment !
Just hoping I can slip my radar detector through customs

3 more points and I get a set of glasses
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 6:30 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Rossi
If you lot rode motorbikes instead of driving you would be used to that sort of treatment !
Just hoping I can slip my radar detector through customs

3 more points and I get a set of glasses
You can buy them here in Brisbane.. I've actually got one which I don't use (bought mine from the states)...

forget I just said that... or I will be in a cell with Pauline.

They're not illegal to buy in Queensland (other states differ)... just illegal to use.

P>S hubby does ride bikes haven't got one here though... I wouldn't let him buy one ( Kawasaki ZXR.. last one he had, he prefers bikes to cars. I just won't let him have on here in Aus. I'm a B*tch!
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hans de Visser is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I just got arrested.

Originally posted by dotty
Seriously how much and how many points for 45 in a 40 zone.
I'm pretty sure less than 10 k over is 1 point
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 9:29 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you are supposed to convert your license within 3 months. If you don't you are driving without a license and insurance. In NSW UK license holders who are old enough and been driving long enough take a knowledge test to get a full license. The licenses only last a few years. You then have to pay to renew it (another little annoying tax).

Most of the test is easy but there are a couple of gotchas and if you fail more than one in a section you fail.

Another anoyance is stamp duty when you buy a car.

The main saving is petrol at 88c a litre.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Hi Dotty
I was coming back up the freeway and was clocked doing 108 in a 100 k zone . I saw the camera didnt think nothing of it till it came through a $50 fine , which i forgot to pay so it went upto $70 guess what i didnt pay that one , i honestly just forgot well the next letter was for $90 a court apperance guess what i paid it , but i didnt get any points what so ever , phew !!
Joanne
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 2:08 am
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

Hubby was done twice for speeding in the short space of time we were in Brisbane in fact one was on the 11/12 the other on the 18/12, think they must have needed some funds with it being Christmas etc. Anyway first time he was doing 82km right at the 70km sign (they send you a nice photo) and he was fined $90 plus 1 point on his licence and the second time 71km in a 60km area (this was at 5.31am on his way to work) same fine and points on his licence.

Never ever been done for speeding in the UK in all his 20+years of driving, but the speed limits in Oz are much lower than over here and I think it is hard to get used to when you are judging your speed.

Old Sep 3rd 2003, 10:47 am
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice

Originally posted by heading downunder 2002
but the speed limits in Oz are much lower than over here and I think it is hard to get used to when you are judging your speed.
For that reason I do recommend cruise control if it's on a car in your budget. As you approach a new speed limit, a flick or nudge of a level/button and you can proceed at the optimal speed. Keeping an eye on the speed manually leaves your speed yoyo'ing up and down and you annoy the driver behind with your inconsistency.